Old Save games after DLC test phase - Will they work ?

@JoeW Will our non "Spaced out" save games from our yesterday old colony work on full DLC release and DLC purchase ?

I assume a lot of people would like to continue their old colonies as they buy the full DLC. Is there a plan to fully support save games from "yesterday" ?

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/123480-oxygen-not-included-dlc-public-alpha-test/

"Can I load up an existing save in Spaced Out?

No, saves from the DLC and base game are not compatible with each other. You will need to start a new colony when you begin Spaced Out, and won’t be able to load any colonies played in Spaced Out back in the base game."

Mhhh mhhh, I guess we really need need to start fresh again. So its waiting to being able to participate in the testing. Time for some cooking and food then :roll:

Hopefully dlc testing save files will work on full dlc purchase. Would be nice to hear from Klei about saves, as we spent so much time on our colonies.

Can developers answer this plz? dlc looks like a bunch of small maps run in parallel, which is completely different game. So different im not sure I want to play it. Will I be able to play old maps or at least old size maps after dlc release?

So the dlc saves probably wont work on full dlc launch (when all base game stuff is added ), old base game colony saves wont work later neither ( according to current Klei published information )...Im off to play something else then for a month.

Dear Klei, a future DLC2 in 2022 or so would be nice but please make it in a way that we can still play built DLC1 save-game colonies, thank you. Always trashing the previous colony save-game progress over all these years is tiresome.

With the current Klei strategy you assure the players that their colonies will only run until the next DLC is added to the game.

@JoeW@Ipsquiggle

Also please auto invite all players who have more than 500 hours ONi steam game time on the clock for future DLC previews.

It would have been nice to have a look at this DLC myself, please dont exclude your most enthusiastic players in the future - These players will feed you with the most crash uploads and bug reports.

Thank you.

Archived