WHY is _____your favorite boss?

Im bored so i made this thread

WHY is ____your favorite boss.you don't only have to mention your 1st favorite you can also mention your 2nd and 3rd favorite if you want 

my number 1 favorite boss is between toadstool and Klaus. toadstool in a multiplayer environment and Klaus when Im by myself 

toadstool is hard solo (in my opinion)but in a multiplayer environment they(toadstool) entice you to work together with other people and i just find that a lot of fun

Klaus well Klaus is just perfect he just is (in my opinion)from his health being very reasonable to his attacks all being fair and fun to learn and dodge in my opinion i love Klaus 

but who's you're favorite boss and more importantly WHY?

hope you all have a good day or night wherever you are in the world:)

My favorites Feastclops which we should all be getting another visit from again very, very soon ;)  Unique skin & Eyebeam attack, drops Rudolph’s Nose after you kill it to decorate your Christmas Tree’s With & the Deerclops eye for crafting Eyebrella.

Bearger would be my second favorite: Difficult but not TOO Difficult, Can be used to mine trees and rocks for you, get it to spawn Treeguards & it even drops several meats & a nice fur that can be turned into a really good vest to keep you all nice warm, cozy and sane on those long winter nights!

Dragonfly would be third favorite, This is a fun fight in my opinion but it’s a fight that takes way too long & requires tons of Prep- However, the loot Dragonfly drops (Think of yourself as a complete noob) won’t have any actual use to you outside of the Dragon Scale Furnace Blueprint, me personally I have absolutely no idea what you use Yellow, Green or Orange Gems on because I have never advanced that far into the game, the only gems I DO Know the uses for (or some of the uses for rather) that this boss drops are Red, & Purple Gems- but I’m sightly more experienced and can create Shadow Manipulator tier stuff, And if I was looking at these drops from the eyes of Someone who has never built a Shadow Manipulator- Even the Purple Gems would have absolutely no use to me until I knew what they’re for, so Scaled Furnace being the only useful thing she drops makes her a boss I’m seriously in no rush to fight again.

I haven’t fought other bosses enough to make an opinion on them besides these 3, in fact outside of BeeQueen, Antlion, Ancient Guardian & Malbatross I have never even seen any of the others.

Also I doubt I will EVER fight Antlion- it’s too adorable to want to kill.

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

Dragonfly because it has become a pretty relaxing fight to me, but still long, which I enjoy. I like farming the gems for as many Lazy Foragers and Star-caller staves I can, and the scales to see my collection of dragonscale chests growing each time.

Pretty satisfying.

while dfly isn't my go to when it comes to bosses i want to fight i can for sure see why they're you favorite

41 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I really enjoy Klaus. I've just always found the way you fight him super fun. The kiting is more engaging than other fights imo.

me too 

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Also I doubt I will EVER fight Antlion- it’s too adorable to want to kill.

not to be mean or anything but youre telling me that you refuse to kill the stupid abomination known as antlion with its dumb squidward nose but youre telling me that glommer is evil even though they wouldn't hurt a fly (this is a joke btw)

15 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

Fuelweaver's my favourite boss, but mostly for aesthetic rather than tactical reasons. It's so spooky!

while fuelweaver aint my favorite boss i can for sure say that in terms of aesthetic they are the best but hey the November update is coming soon and it might add a new boss with the mysterious energy that might be better than fuelweaver in terms of aesthetic  

it would have to be a tie between Crab King and Fuelweaver, both for wildly different reasons. I like Crab King as he is one the few bosses that requires proper skill to fight without cheese. It's difficult but rewarding struggle of learning how each of the 3 attacks he uses are used and how you respond to them makes him feel very unique. I don't like him for how he is customizable or for his loot, but rather the experience of fighting him is very enjoyable to me. Fuelweaver, on the other hand, is everything i like about CK and more. His attacks are unique in both design and how you combat them. I also like how you have to use commonly unused items like the Lazy Explorerr (which is not a niche as the other) and Nightmare Amulet. I also like the loot as it makes it both very rewarding for everything you went through to slay him and makes it so that future kills also are easier with the Non-Expolsive Resistant Host Hat being much better then the Nightmare Amulet. Finally, I like how you have to go on this pseudo grand journey to both fight and get the things to fight him.

I love klaus, klei made a great job with him

Also i like FW for making us use more things than just armor and weapon ; Toad for having the need of a tool and also for being a fight about stress rather than kiting; beequeen for the many ways to defeat her;  antlion for being a unique season boss fight and spiderqueen for aesthetic, mechanic and being one of the bosses with more damage and insanity aura

My favorite boss to rush is Dragonfly, it's the fight I've gotten the most used to rushing, I like the kiting pattern, and that with good kiting means you don't need much in terms of resources.

Klaus comes at a close second for me, even though I am absolute trash at the klaus fight, I like the boss fights where you don't have to bring much as long as you're good at evading attacks.

25 minutes ago, stranger again said:

not to be mean or anything but youre telling me that you refuse to kill the stupid abomination known as antlion with its dumb squidward nose but youre telling me that glommer is evil even though they wouldn't hurt a fly (this is a joke btw)

Glommer is so cute, pure and innocent. ;_;

Glommer wouldn't harm anyone, glommer deserves all the hugs. ;_;

I would say Klaus but I recently got whooped by him (not even by him, I killed him and the rain from early spring froze me to death WHICH I COULD HAVE AVOIDED SINCE THERE WAS A LGA IN THE SACK THAT I COULDN'T OPEN I really needed to vent sorry) so I'm going to say Shadow pieces because I've been having a blast learning their fight. I prefer going knight -> bishop -> rook since the fight is fairly easy like that and I've fought it both with Ornery Beef/Glossamer saddle and Magi+cane+road+hambat. Super fun fight and I love having more than one way to play it. 

Is it okay to mention Don't Starve Shipwrecked boss?

Tigershark's my favourite since day one. She just looks really nice, that's it, doesn't really have any epic mechanics and is very easy to take down. Kittens tho!

And Sealnado is my second favourite. It was very innovational for its time, I'd say. Fun suck mechanic, and the idea of helpless seal after the fight!

Misery Toadstool

Like every boss that i fight on my own server, i dont fear death or losing and can practice in peace since i can rollback. Misery was the first that made me feel like i really lost (i should have tried regular toadstool first then go for the harder one but the loot was too tempting).

I came underprepared, only 4 lunar axe, lots of Tentacle spikes and ice flingomatic cheese. No problem on the first phase but the last one was harsh. It took too much time to chop sporecap, my hunger and health slowly decreasing and few chances to damage him. Fight was so long i had to choose between keep fighting or rollback at the begining of the fight to save all tools and ressources. I failed with the first leaving me unable to retry. I came back next year and as i defeated him, it felt like a real victory (felt so good to harvest my drying rack whenever i want).

You dont need to fight him multiple time so when im fighting him, i want the cleanest fihgt possible. i always devote my firsts 2 year farming volt goat and moose goose for weather pain. For me a base isnt finished until i place the glowcaps and after ive done that im satisfied and dont even want to fight Fuelweaver.

man i gotta say i really respect the people here saying bosses like misery toadstool or crab king are their favorites and its good to know that not everyone dislikes those bosses 

i like dfly's kiting pattern thing is when it comes to preparation in a fight i either think the boss is gonna be easy and bring little to nothing or i extremely over prepare to the point of making the fight a living joke when it comes to dragonfly i always under prepare by making the walls all wrong and then the lavae escape which is usually the end for me.so personally ive not beaten dragonfly with the kiting method but i definitely can if prepare correctly 

7 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

Glommer is so cute, pure and innocent. ;_;

Glommer wouldn't harm anyone, glommer deserves all the hugs. ;_;

not to be mean or anything but you're just as bad. you're telling me that you love glommer and while they are cute whos says they're one hundred percent pure?(also glom glom is 20 times cuter than glommer)but you're telling me that you dislike sealnado who never wanted to hurt anyone on purpose and he even gives you the sad eyes but you still kill them (joke part over)

Archived