Klei Halloween 2020 Costume Event

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Sorry to be that guy, and I know everyone wants skins or spools (myself included) but wasn't the point of this to have a showcase of real life stuff? Like real life disguises of people, pets, pumpkin carvings, or physical paper artwork, handcrafts, etc made for the occasion. 

Maybe screenshots could be a category, but it would seem most people will just be submitting in game, halloween themed screenshots.

I'm not saying screenshots are bad and I know how much effort and time it takes to make a really nice looking thematic base, but it would seem to me that it would be an entirely different contest, or point.

Or maybe I'm getting it all wrong 

No, you're absolutely correct.

Perhaps Klei didn't foresee the fact that a majority of the forum-goers are underaged.

Or perhaps most of them have trouble understanding the opening post.

I'll wager for both at once.

• Like 2

So I submitted my picture and just now read the notes at the end of the main post. I included screenshots of my favorite characters with costumes i thought looked funny but i only got the idea to do that after i printed my photo. Is that still acceptable or against the rules? Don't just want to submit it again and spam you guys.

Sent in mine, had to fabricate some Halloweeny decorations but I tried with what I had, can't wait to see other submissions, it will be as fun to watch them as preparing my own, seriously I'm too old to be enjoying this so much but thanks for the event!

edit: ty, wx skin is great!

Edited by Maskaljen
  • Like 1

my submission just got approved (*^-^*)/

I went with a Wigfrid as the Commendatore from Don Giovanni; She's an opera singer, in a game called "don't starve", it was meant to be.

Hope someone likes it, I was on a bit of a time crunch. Happy Hallowed Nights! <3

1265853780_halloweenwigfrid_floov2020.thumb.jpg.ab7c14c5e71070d80489ce891508e94b.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Sorry to be that guy, and I know everyone wants skins or spools (myself included) but wasn't the point of this to have a showcase of real life stuff? Like real life disguises of people, pets, pumpkin carvings, or physical paper artwork, handcrafts, etc made for the occasion. 

Maybe screenshots could be a category, but it would seem most people will just be submitting in game, halloween themed screenshots.

I'm not saying screenshots are bad and I know how much effort and time it takes to make a really nice looking thematic base, but it would seem to me that it would be an entirely different contest, or point.

Or maybe I'm getting it all wrong 

The idea came from people not being able to really celebrate Halloween as usual this year. But obviously not everybody can or wants to submit something like that, so we're accepting pretty much anything that is spooky - fortunately DS is a pretty spooky game. =)

3 hours ago, Slagger said:

Holy crap. I think I choosed "share" button. If it's not to late, please don't share XD. That was not a thing to share too lol

You did, I remember the pic. Pretty sure I chose to share it too. Send me your KU in a DM and I will have it unflagged. Nobody would know it was you though, we're not including names or info with the image. 

2 hours ago, HF1999 said:

Hello, I am Mexican and I would like to know if it is approved as part of the activity to send a photo of my Day of the Dead offering. sorry for my bad english

Absolutely, just include a note!

• Like 3

I can't seem to send my fan art for the Klei Halloween 2020 Costume Event. When I sent it for the first time, it said there was an error and so that I would send it a second time, when I sent it for the second time, it said that I had run out of my limit. What should I do?

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, MilesUpshore said:

Submission approved (got Webber's set, wanted Willow's one rip), so here's mine, happy (early) Halloween!

1073385543_willowwitch.thumb.png.1dab884f1e9074933d1967b1c82b27f5.png

You got the Webber Set at Heirloom rarity value- so you can unravel those for probably enough spools to just weave the Willow set that you wanted, I’m not sure though because I’m not exactly sure how much spools heirloom rarity items is worth. 
But anyways, nice picture.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

You got the Webber Set at Heirloom rarity value- so you can unravel those for probably enough spools to just weave the Willow set that you wanted, I’m not sure though because I’m not exactly sure how much spools heirloom rarity items is worth. 
But anyways, nice picture.

It's okay btw, cos I generally hoard skins and spools and don't mind waiting so ye, also ty!

• Like 1