Klei Halloween 2020 Costume Event

49 minutes ago, tonymtz said:

Thank you very much JoeW

But I am unable to use rewarded skins on my PS4. Sent you an DM. Please help me.

08ED30A3-E7AD-4EAA-8F78-5723FF31EE4A.jpeg

You have to click on the spools icon- you are currently looking at weaveable only-skins, clicking on the setting will display other non-weaveables.

• Thanks 2

Literally spent all day making my submission on PS4, had to gather the Tree decorations and trinkets, spell out the words with Candy and farm some pumpkins. It was Summer this morning so I had to wait that out before I could really get started - wanted to do more with it but I'm pretty happy with the end result! Thank you so much Klei for running this event, so excited for my reward! Really hope that mine gets featured somewhere as well.

Initially I was going to have my partner join me but with her in game its split screen and looks awful, she was going to pose as Dragonfly Willow with a larvae egg and I was going to get my friend to pose as Wolfman Wolfgang. She helped me position the candy and figure out what to do in the first place though. I kept running into issues like rogue bunnies trying to eat my candy, Bearger appearing at the worst possible time (still need to deal with him later I left him in a pretty subpar spot..), hound waves and more. Decided to just take the picture on my own dressed up as my favourite companion Chester when the moment was ripe rather than try to make it more perfect.
I've attached a few shots - the full moon one was just because it randomly became a full moon after I took the second picture and I thought that was a cool photo OP as well!

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20201029194754.jpg

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20201029195600.jpg

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20201029195637.jpg

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

What's really awesome about these being heirloom quality is that, even if you didn't want the skin set they give, you get enough spools to weave another of your choice! I got the Wesdrake set, but since I don't like to play Wes I unraveled them for enough spools to get me the Little Sinker Wurt ensemble (with a little extra needed from myself of course). Thanks Klei!

• Thanks 1

Well, there goes my screenshot idea.  And I might've been able to do a decent one.  :(

Do screenshots of self-made DST characters in OTHER games count...?

(although I'm not sure how I'm going to naturally incorporate the sign in what I have in mind...)

Edit:  Nevermind, it's currently winter in the other game anyway and I'd have to play through most of a year to get back to fall so things look right.  Ah well.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica

Are in-game pictures even allowed at all anymore?  The notes added at the bottom of the first post make it sound like they might not be.

If yes, I'm'a make something in-game that incorporates mods and skins to make it look cool and Halloweeny.  If not...I have no idea at the moment.

...Notorious

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

2 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

The notes added at the bottom of the first post make it sound like they might not be.

I thought Joe said as long as the creator said "Klei Halloween 2020" in the chat right before taking a screenshot that it counted.

I submitted a small halloween-y build and I guess if they aren't accepting screenshots anymore then I guess I wasted my time. :c

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I thought Joe said as long as the creator said "Klei Halloween 2020" in the chat right before taking a screenshot that it counted.

I submitted a small halloween-y build and I guess if they aren't accepting screenshots anymore then I guess I wasted my time. :c

Yeah Joe said as long as we say it in the chat its ok, that way its clear we actually made the picture for this event

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

Sorry to be that guy, and I know everyone wants skins or spools (myself included) but wasn't the point of this to have a showcase of real life stuff? Like real life disguises of people, pets, pumpkin carvings, or physical paper artwork, handcrafts, etc made for the occasion. 

Maybe screenshots could be a category, but it would seem most people will just be submitting in game, halloween themed screenshots.

I'm not saying screenshots are bad and I know how much effort and time it takes to make a really nice looking thematic base, but it would seem to me that it would be an entirely different contest, or point.

Or maybe I'm getting it all wrong 

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 5
  • Shopcat 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Sorry to be that guy, and I know everyone wants skins or spools (myself included) but wasn't the point of this to have a showcase of real life stuff? Like real life disguises of people, pets, pumpkin carvings, or physical paper artwork, handcrafts, etc made for the occasion. 

Maybe screenshots could be a category, but it would seem most people will just be submitting in game, halloween themed screenshots.

I'm not saying screenshots are bad and I know how much effort and time it takes to make a really nice looking thematic base, but it would seem to me that it would be an entirely different contest, or point.

Or maybe I'm getting it all wrong 

in some countries there is no such a think Halloween so they do not have any costumes etc. about artwork, i would love to draw something nice and spend hours on it. but i do not think everybody have that skill, and nobody wants to see a drawing that looks like its from a 8 yo child.

• Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

7 minutes ago, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

in some countries there is no such a think Halloween so they do not have any costumes etc. about artwork, i would love to draw something nice and spend hours on it. but i do not think everybody have that skill, and nobody wants to see a drawing that looks like its from a 8 yo child.

Fair enough.

I think I understand why Klei accepts in game screenshots then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can sorta draw, but only when I'm inspired and have the energy for it, and at the moment I'm not coming up with any good ideas.  I'm also not a FAST drawer, so...

Costumes?  I'd love to hit up my local thrift store and put together pieces that look like a DST character, but (a) I don't look like any of them really, and (b) more importantly, _all the clothing stores' fitting rooms are closed_.  That means you have NO IDEA if something even _fits_ you, let alone looks right, until after you'd spent money on it!  This has pretty much killed my clothing shopping until after the pandemic, and I don't already own anything that looks like a Survivor's outfit...
(also nobody in the game has my hair colour or anything, lol.)

So it's screenshot or nothin', for me.  I won't die if I don't enter the contest at all, but I'd very much _like_ to enter.

...Notorious

• Like 4

Wow, everyone else's screenshots are making me feel mine was...way too simple.  I didn't spell out anything with Halloween candy or have a whole gaggle of ghosts...

Spoiler

kleihalloween2020.thumb.png.f95ba581d0c5d39379ca1ea3cf858636.png

Mods used:  "Charlie:  Stranger New Powers", "Gorge Lights", "Globalastick's Halloween Retexture Mod"  Thanks to the raven and pipspook for agreeing to cameo in the picture.

Look, it's a close-up and intimate Halloween setting, okay?  : P

Simpler version, spookier and at night but lacking the sign so it doesn't count. But I still like it anyway:

Spoiler

dstspookyhalloween2020.thumb.png.c1135bc9b0d5fdb2af9f22c75367f62d.png

I love the atmosphere on this one, even before I turned it grayscale so it looks like an old horror movie.  Heh.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
stupid extra blank lines
  • Like 3
  • Health 1

Excuse me! By mistake, I upload the wrong picture! How can I change it?

The desired image.

Edited: My Klei User ID: KU_9ZDxI94W

Spoiler

2020.thumb.png.941a4d9ded99afca2eebfecd944addcd.png

Wrong.

Spoiler

1420018595_Kleihalloween2020.thumb.png.5f9fe5276f12dd396b832439081d2dd0.png

30 minutes ago, NotSoLonelyDupe said:

Is multiple entries from a single person allowed?

Nope.

Edited by HobbyLev
  • Like 5