Do you ever just use a skin so often it feels weird to see the character without a skin?

Do you ever just use a skin so often it feels weird to see the character without a skin?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever just use a skin so often it feels weird to see the character without a skin?

• Yes
    • No

I have this thing where if I own a skin, I feel weird not wearing it, even if it looks bad compared to the base skin. I wear it to show that I have it instead of actually looking decent. Not proud of it, but for some reason I feel this way. That's why I love how the chef skin for Warly turned out, because it arguably looks the most natural and not so needlessly quirky (at least not to the point of only really working with the set it was designed for, like the other Warly skins)

So to answer the question, yes. it definitely feels weird playing as base skin since I try to get at least 1 skin per survivor.

Well, I don't think we should shame or "Ew!" players who don't have money (the phrase "Free-to-play noob!" especially grinds my gears, because if a game IS free to play, _why is it wrong to play it free_?  Yes I know you were talking about a different game.  Dun matter.  That mentality in general.)  I  myself still don't have ANY nice heads for a few characters. And I have nothing against the default appearances.  I also won't "Eww, gross a noob!" if I see someone walking around with commons on.  Maybe they just happen to _like_ those clothes...?  Or even if they _did_ just start and don't have much yet...so what?

But I guess I do feel kinda odd if I don't wear my typical seasonal outfits during the corresponding seasons, such as my "raincoat" (yellow trenchcoat with long green gloves and beige boots filling in as "galoshes"; add rain hat for the full effect) in the spring or my variations on red-and-green and make sure it looks warm! during winter.  Willow's Triumphant head was the very first fancy skin I got (as a Winter's Feast gift from a friend!), long ago, so I guess I'm _kinda_ unused to seeing her without wavy hair.  : P

Other than that...no, not really.  Skins cost money (or TONS of spools) and it was SO long before I actually got around to spending any on the game (during sales, mind you!) that I just think of the characters looking like their artwork, sans different clothes.  (shrug)  I _still_ don't have Wortox.  2700 spools?  Other things keep popping up that I want more!

...Notorious

On 9/18/2020 at 9:25 AM, Blue Moth said:

definitely. I've been playing Wigfrid with a custom outfit for a long time now, although i recently got a new outfit just to mix it up a bit. I even got a mod for skins in singleplayer so i didnt have to use the default appearance there.

I forgot that was a thing, I don't play single player because I cant get the skins and emotes that I have in DST and I cant get more drops either

Yes, playing this game without customizable character skins wouldn’t be no where near as enjoyable.

I look at it like playing with Legos, you can mix the Arms, Hands, Pants, and Feet to make your own custom character (too bad we can’t also pick custom heads too cause that would be really cool)

Each time I log in and get a cool new clothing item I go through my entire cast of characters to see who I like that item on the most.. and I NEVER use a full skin set- theres always at least one part to an entire skin set that I DON’T like. Wickers Bewitching Outfit is a great example- love the outfit, hate the ridiculous clown sized feet the outfit provides, put a smaller pair on her and called it complete.

Playing single player DS without these skins is like ripping out part of my soul.. but I play single player to play the content not found in DST- Such as Adventures Mode, Shipwrecked & Hamlet..

But even that content: I would rather play in DST where I had access to using my Bewitching Wicker skin.

I know the chances of that are Slim to None.. but, If you enjoy customizing your characters and belongings half as much as I do, I’m sure you would understand why it feels so.. empty without them.

In short: It only goes to show how Outdated Solo DS really is.

Yes! Default woodie and Willow look so bad to me now. And like someone else mentioned, the default football helmet skin gives me nightmares. Not dapper at all. There are some default skins that still hold up though. Like Wilson and Wolfgang and the walking cane

1 hour ago, JustCrimson said:

Weave, nothing is locked behind a paywall (except DLC skins like pirate birdcage), only a play wall 

In some bad scenarios, you would need unravel 270 common things, to get one head or one of more interesting item skins (1350 spools are heads) and you get 15 items weekly (7 for login, 8 for playing). Most of them are common, like t-shirt or socks. That can take 18 weeks. Year has somewhere around 52 weeks. In worst case scenario you'll make 2-3 items from unraveling and weaving.

3 minutes ago, Notecja said:

In some bad scenarios, you would need unravel 270 common things, to get one head or one of more interesting item skins (1350 spools are heads) and you get 15 items weekly (7 for login, 8 for playing). Most of them are common, like t-shirt or socks. That can take 18 weeks. Year has somewhere around 52 weeks. In worst case scenario you'll make 2-3 items from unraveling and weaving.

that is literally less than a 99.99% chance

thats probably improbable 

1 minute ago, JustCrimson said:

that is literally less than a 99.99% chance

thats probably improbable 

Depends what someone would unravel. So there are chances some people would weave less, and some more, but I believe it won't be more that 8-10 skins a year. Maybe with exactly stats would easier to say what are real chances, but I don't owe any stats.

1 hour ago, Notecja said:

Depends what someone would unravel. So there are chances some people would weave less, and some more, but I believe it won't be more that 8-10 skins a year. Maybe with exactly stats would easier to say what are real chances, but I don't owe any stats.

You have a 75.24% chance of getting an elegant in a month if you get all the drops, and that's just for an elegant

Assuming you get the average amount of drops in one month you'll have

• 32 Common's (160 total spools)
  • 16 Classy's (240 total spools)
  • 8 Spiffy's (400 total spools)
  • 3 Distinguished's (450 total spools)
  • and 1 Elegant's (450 total spools)

You would have a total of 1,700 spools so you should be able to craft an Elegant item with average luck in one month and a character in a little over two.

(14 Elegant's a year or 8 Elegant's and all 3 Characters)

(Unless my math is wrong)

Archived