why do you want wilson to be reworked

22 minutes ago, wons said:

why do you want him to be reworked?

Because he's useless in DST and not worth it to be played. Being a jack of all trades doesn't mean anything if there's always another character who's doing their tasks better than yours.

Because he deserves it. Even as base character, he's the staple of Don't Starve, the main character considering the lore, and our beloved man we met in the first game. We want character development. He finished adventure mode. He freed Maxwell. He sat on the throne and met Charlie face to face. 

If Woodie can "get a better grasp on his curse to use it to his advantage" then Wilson can use all his survival skills and new knowledge to bend the rules of the board and have some other perks. 

With the existence of celestial portal, characters downside doesn't matter that much now, and character's perk is more highlighted.

What the character can do is more important than what the character can't do.

And in this situation, there's no reason to play as Wilson because he can't do something exclusive.

46 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

With the existence of celestial portal, characters downside doesn't matter that much now, and character's perk is more highlighted.

What the character can do is more important than what the character can't do.

And in this situation, there's no reason to play as Wilson because he can't do something exclusive.

Alright then, nerf celestial portal.

We good now!

He is a basic character in the Don't Starve progression system. Where it makes sense for him to be neutral.
In DS/T every character needs to be useful in some way, otherwise it is kept in oblivion. Wilson is only popular because he's the poster boy for the game, so most beginners play with him, but soon change characters. The idea of reworks is to make the characters become more special in some way, being compatible with their personality. Wilson's a failed scientist who only has a beard? It's not fair to me :wilson_cry:

Because by not having any true perks, Wilson is artificially "harder" to learn the game with, his beard is only useful if you survive long enough, and that's assuming new players will even meet the criteria for his only perk. If you happen to die on your learning journey, you're left with a reset beard timer, which means another 16 days of growth until something else you didn't know about kills you again. :disturbed:

I know I've said this before, but I do really believe there are better tutorial characters than Wilson right now, the best beginner friendly character is still probably Wendy, with her immediate access to a follower who protects you from the dark, kills things for food, and is amazing at killing hounds during hound waves.

Wilson just has a beard that keeps him pretty warm in winter. He doesn't really promote dying and learning from your mistakes when his only upside comes from, well, not learning and dying. 

Because he has traveled through 5 randomly generated worlds, and then choose to sacrifice himself to free Maxwell from imprisonment. 

And also- Because every character rework so far has brought new exciting gameplay that is exclusive to playing as that character, every rework so far has brought us new craftables, new belongings skins, and most importantly of all- new gameplay.

Prior to Willows Rework- You we’re NOT going around the map collecting Beefalo Wool, Beardling hair, Hounds Teeth & Silk, to build and repair Bernie dolls with.

And also Every Rework so far now has you almost always carrying around additional items to eat up you very limited backpack storage slots & in a survival game- proper Inventory Management should be a key part of that survival

The TL:DR- these reworks give you new ways of interacting with the world around you in ways that you otherwise may have never engaged in at all.

Because I want that sweet, sweet, lore video and Wilson could turn into a duck for all I care if it means I get to see it.

Jokes aside, I love playing different characters and if he turns out more interesting than he is currently, it's all the better for me.

I want a wilson rework because he's too cool to be ordinary. he's been through perhaps more than your average survivor in the constant. 

I've said before and I'll say it again. Wilson as he stands is a roided up wes.

He's been powercrept on by woodie, willow and wendy.

also, day one powercrept by wickerbottom. Even if she decides never to read a book, she's got a head start on him by not needing an alchemy engine to craft 2nd tier science.

There's no real point to him in dst other than looking cool. wilson is one of the coolest designed characters both vanilla and skins. In the face of this, do you really want him to be below average?

That's why i want his rework

I've played a lot of this game and to simply put it, he's just very boring. That's probably my less played character (along with Wurt, but that's another topic :p)

He's not an expert of anything. When i play this game, i like to be an expert at what i'm doing to help myself and the team a lot. For instance, if i play Wendy, i'm going to produce silk/monster meats for everyone and be on bee hives duty. If i play Woodie, i'll chop wood for everyone and locate lunar island. If i play Wigfrid, i'll kill as much things the others can't do as efficiently and give them helmets. If i play Wickerbottom, well it's evident i'll mass produce berries, twigs and grass... 

So if i play Wilson, i don't have a "direction" on what i'm going to do and i don't feel like i'm really efficient. I'll generally take what the others are not doing, the leftovers basically. 

I just like when the characters are specialized i guess.

i put trust into Klei's devs. Maybe some new recipes with beard hair, maybe the bigger beard stages are extra item storing options. And voilà, an upgraded Wilson. I wouldn't mind Wilson new power could be like Love Deluxe :confused:

Wilson just need to bring more things into the world. For now he is like plain (and old) bread.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:13 AM, FrozenMountan said:

Or make it disableable in world settings 

You can turn meteors off. No round moonrock meteor, no Celestial Orb, no celestial portal. You can still get renewable minerals from earthquakes in the caves and moon rocks from the lunar island if you do that.

Archived