Jump to content

So, Wigfrid rework huh?


Recommended Posts

So from the teaser image left by Klei on their most QoL thread, you can see various things that reference wigfrid, including various spears and the unicorn horn.

4647E65D-846A-4210-8C9A-8102FE9AF9C4.png.eb911483f0046256e54633ef2e8ff45e.png

What do you think is gonna come from best girl’s rework?

Personally, this was a surprise to me, as was many, as most were expecting a Webber rework next. Additionally, many believed that wigfrid was one of the more “perfect” characters in terms of design. But hey, I’m curious to see what happens lorewise!

Also either this is a theater or wigfrid is rich jeez.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm honestly shocked that they decided to go with Wigfrid, thought it would be Webber's! 

I can't really think of much to change about her, but I'm more so excited to see her backstory than anything else! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I for one hope KLei keeps her core design intact, and not move it in a Captain Canada / Woodie direction with unnecessary cluttering fragmented mechanics. Wigfrid is probably the most solid and appealing design in DS/T and will be a pity if some weird stuff is added just for the sake of making her more.... Walter-ish (a lot of stuff more akin a modded character's).

 

KLei could add imo some new armor, perhaps a torso counterpart for her Helmet, maybe a special Thule-based upgrade/new personal armor made at APS. Perhaps a group perk as some Battlecry to boost dmg/speed attack of allies. Simple and optional directions that build on top of said solid core.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I for one hope KLei keeps her core design intact, and not move it in a Captain Canada / Woodie direction with unnecessary cluttering fragmented mechanics.

Well I think there is naught wrong with Woodie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I came from future. Wigfrid update is gonna be like that.
She will able to craft three idols called, Walhala Moose, Walhala Goose and Walhala beaver idol. She can turn any of them when eat them. BUT It's curse of course! The character trailer is about wicker fighting with Deerclops, just no backstory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FrozenMountan said:

Woodie is fine

 

KLei could've amassed all Goose & Moose characteristics into Beaver: make it swim and be more tankier. Most Woodie-mains of past (including myself) would've fancied that better than have it "broken" in 2 additional forms. And my hope remains for Wigfrid: that she won't have her viking character shattered into sub-adjacent ("clutter") classes akin Woodie's rework.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Well I think there is naught wrong with Woodie.

Well I wouldn't say there's something wrong with Woodie either, but he's not the same character from before the rework anymore. While that's not a bad thing per se, some characters don't need to be completely changed; especially the most popular and arguably the most balanced character in the game. People like Wigfrid now so changing the character instead of just improving it sounds like a bad idea. That said, Wendy's rework is a great example of how to improve a character that doesn't need much change.

Let's hope Klei chose Wigfrid because she's easy to work with while they finish the next big update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vasz_ said:

Well I wouldn't say there's something wrong with Woodie either, but he's not the same character from before the rework anymore. While that's not a bad thing per se, some characters don't need to be completely changed; especially the most popular and arguably the most balanced character in the game. People like Wigfrid now so changing the character instead of just improving it sounds like a bad idea. That said, Wendy's rework is a great example of how to improve a character that doesn't need much change.

Let's hope Klei chose Wigfrid because she's easy to work with while they finish the next big update.

oh yes absolutely, do not completely revamp Wigfrid, just some smaller things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am too a little surprised by Klei's decision to go with Wigfrid. Not that I'm complaining, but I thought for sure Webber was up next. 

War saddles, new boats and crafts all sound great, but I hope they don't change her too much, because I think her current playstyle is cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only want to see traces of wigfrids real personality, because keep in mind she’s not a real Viking Warrior.. she’s only a stage actress that took the role of being a Viking so seriously that she lost herself within it.

Its like saying that Gal Gadot suddenly thought she was Wonder Woman in real-life, Shes not an actual Amazonian Metahuman.. but playing one in movies so much makes her think she is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I for one hope KLei keeps her core design intact, and not move it in a Captain Canada / Woodie direction with unnecessary cluttering fragmented mechanics. 

Idk why everyone holds klei so tightly against thos rework. Clearly they learned what to do and what not to do with reworks such as wendy and willow. I think they know what they r doing. And they r known for taking feedback on reworks rather quickly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Wigfrid is probably the most solid and appealing design in DS/T and will be a pity if some weird stuff is added just for the sake of making her more.... Walter-ish (a lot of stuff more akin a modded character's).

Why do people think Walters kit is random / added in for the sake of being added in? 

Woby storing items synergizes well with his ammo since keeping it all in his inventory with heals, armor, panflute, etc can take up a lot of space in his inventory during boss fights and just normally.

Woby being able to grow synergizes well with his slingshot and adds a high risk high reward factor since it's a lot easier to kite with the bonus movement speed but getting hit makes you take a guaranteed extra hit right after that which will both massively drain your sanity. Big Woby also synergizes well with Woby being able to store things since the speed encourages lots of scouting which in turn can quickly fill your inventory with useful items that can be placed in Woby.

Oh yeah. Sanity. When Walter gets hit, he loses a ton of sanity, and will continue to lose sanity until he regains health. This is extremely punishing, so Klei gave him some extra ways to get sanity by staying near trees and telling stories by the campfire. Also. His campfire. Every character should have something that can in some way directly benefit their team, and this is Walters way of doing that.

His tent also synergizes well with big Woby's scouting since you can sleep in the tent on the go. Which, if you couldn't tell, is also another way Klei gave him an extra way to regenerate sanity.

At first glance Walters abilities do look like Klei decided to give him random things because his abilities don't directly relate to each other. They indirectly relate to each other.

Sorry if this is offtopic Im just getting tired of everyone hating on Walter for pretty much no reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Truffle said:

Idk why everyone holds klei so tightly against thos rework. Clearly they learned what to do and what not to do with reworks such as wendy and willow. I think they know what they r doing. And they r known for taking feedback on reworks rather quickly 

Well that's uh, a bit controversial, there will always be a side that accepts it as for it is others demanding change and seeing numerous flaws or reminders what the character did BETTER before the rework. Personally, i think the most "positive" feedback and acceptance from both sides was with Wendy's refresh. If i had to add anything else, i just hope Wigfrid doesn't suffer same fate as Woodie, both gameplay wise and lore wise. By gameplay wise, i mean that she wont have her entire role changed from the scratch similar to Woodie's expanded transformation kit. In the end it usually falls into players style of gameplay and personal preferences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not that surprised of Klei choosing Wigfrid

We already know Wilson's backstory, he basically gameplay ruler

Chances are Wicker/Wx/Wolf were gonna get nerfed and fans of those characters would be disappointed 

I think Webber/Max would fit better around halloween then Wigfrid

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure that one poster on the wall says “Die Walküre”, which is one of the German names for the operas Wigfrid was based on. It is somewhat hard to tell if this is the stage dressing room with opera posters on the walls, or her house. I’m leaning towards it being Wigfrid’s house; I’m also thinking she’d have to be rich to afford being a full time actor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaZoul said:

Well I think there is naught wrong with Woodie.

Yea, I love Woodie and I think his rework of transformation works great for him. I think the general worry of those who love Wigfrid's current gameplay is how the developpers can totally go in a similar direction to Woodie and give her "roles" similar to the were-transformations if they capitalize on her performance artist aspect. For example she can assume her battle role by wearing battle gear but change to an animal hearder role (Winnie) by wearing a straw hat and a hearding baton, or go to a detective mode hunting objects a la navigadget (Wirlock) by wearing dapper west and top hat etc, transforming to different roles with different perks. I'm not sure how I'd feel about such changes before seeing them in action but I know there are a lot of Wigfrid mains who wouldn't like such a direction for her character, especially if her new abilities meant limiting her battle ready perks in any way possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Yea, I love Woodie and I think his rework of transformation works great for him. I think the general worry of those who love Wigfrid's current gameplay is how the developpers can totally go in a similar direction to Woodie and give her "roles" similar to the were-transformations if they capitalize on her performance artist aspect. For example she can assume her battle role by wearing battle gear but change to an animal hearder role (Winnie) by wearing a straw hat and a hearding baton, or go to a detective mode hunting objects a la navigadget (Wirlock) by wearing dapper west and top hat etc, transforming to different roles with different perks. I'm not sure how I'd feel about such changes before seeing them in action but I know there are a lot of Wigfrid mains who wouldn't like such a direction for her character, especially if her new abilities meant limiting her battle ready perks in any way possible.

I agree. I'm no Wigfrid main, but that wouldn't make sense, since although she is an actress, Wigfrid is the one persona, she is obsessed with Wigfrid, just look at her dang house. So yeah, that wouldn't make much sense anyway 

Spoiler

also, m'man Woodie is already the guy with multiple roles, so, yeah

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to throw the curveball into this discussion- Anyone remember how Warly released at the same exact time as another character refresh? So instead of one character rework we got Two.. with Warly being Klei’s Curveball surprise- 

I literally had no hope of ever seeing Walani added to this game, Until Warly & Wormwood showed up out of the blue, and that’s when the demand for her and the rest of the characters not currently in DST shot through the roof.

I don’t wanna get anyone’s hopes up, but did just want to remind you guys that Klei has thrown curveballs at us before.

In the meantime I’ll enjoy my #MadMoxxiTopHat & await the next update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...