• Sailor
    • Resource Gatherer
    • Boss Rusher
    • Explorer/Cartographer
    • It depends on the need/situation
    • Loner/Hermit
    • I do not have enough skills yet to form a proper playstyle
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)
  2. 2. Why do you play your preferred playstyle?

• For fun
    • Because i feel most comfortable doing so
    • Because I like helping other ppl
    • Because i like harming other people
    • Because I want to be alone
    • Because I play on singleplayer always
    • Because a guide taught me to
    • Because I played the role when I started out and it stuck
    • Because the playstyle I play is the most effective one
    • Just because
    • Because its a new playstyle I'd love to try
    • Because it fits my current skill level
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)

Its hard to pinpoint a specific one out of these, i almost wish it was multiple choice (forgive me if it was and i just didnt see). Generally speaking, i try to aim towards being an architect/builder, bc thats the kind of long term goals that i tend to work towards. But more often than not i find myself sort of just walking around and doing a myriad of things more fit for the nomad style, that arent specifically helping the endgame goal, lol

Right now, babysitter. I mainly play with two buddies and, while I'm a novice myself, out of the three of us I have the most experience. For months I've been meaning to tackle some bosses and explore the ruins but each time I got one of them into the game I've created an easy world for them to practice in. But I'm willing to wait to for them to reach equal footing so that we can work better together.

Because that's what I need to do at the moment. I just had a session where I spent the beginning on hunting, went for gathering to start building, catered to base while other ran across the world to do other stuff, then went back to hunting. 

I play mostly ib singleplayer tho ao in my world I just have to do everhthing on my own, there's no other way. I enjoy all roles however- hunting and boss fights are very enjoyable, finding and gathering stuff makes me feel accomplished, maping out the world is just something I like to do, building and adjusting my stuff is also pleasant past time. 

Griefing... Only in ds with codes. There is no better stress relief than messing around with the Living Artifact. 

On 8/20/2020 at 11:38 PM, Brubs said:

It's funny because there's usually only one housewife per server (Im one too lol). Yet i find a lot of people in this thread commenting they are housewives as well  :p 

Desperate Housewives unite!

:yaypigs:

And most of them are wicker 

I play alone like 99% of the time and because of this when I play on pub servers I typically play hermit because I'm not used to other people being around me.  I feel the fridge is always empty and everyone is dying constantly when I base with other people, but if I'm alone I can keep enough food production for me near by and generally last pretty well.

I was sailing but I dropped off of that kick.  I'm back to the meta of rush bee queen & dfly first autumn with a small base, then hitting up the caves first summer and set up a real base in there.  I find cave basing to be the best way to reduce stress while playing and generally enjoy whatever I set out to do (because interruptions in cave base are minimal, and automation maximum.)

5 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

I play solo and I am so staunch about my personal No Rrollbacks Rule that my playstyle has mainly become "trying to not do anything stupid", which is the hardest game of all

so basically you took the 'dumb ways to die' song seriously?

Archived