Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

I placed a refund application for spools when I wove wigfrid's moon tiara before the design change and it hasn't come through. What do I do now? I don't like the skin and I don't want to unweave it for 1/3 the value for what I got it for.

5 hours ago, chirsg said:

I placed a refund application for spools when I wove wigfrid's moon tiara before the design change and it hasn't come through. What do I do now? I don't like the skin and I don't want to unweave it for 1/3 the value for what I got it for.

You can contact Klei through their contact form, here: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

It will take a few days but you should get what you want.

• Like 1

I’m trying to play as Woodie, but I absolutely suck at playing him.. I need some tips on “How to Woodie..”

When I eat a Itchy Idol (no skill tree point investment yet..) I become either a Beaver, A Moose, or a Goose.

Now I’ve played Woodie before, during his original Rework.. but lately I’m finding him to be a bit too difficult for me.

Upon exiting a Wereform I tend to be in full on Starvation Status & Fully Insane.. so my first question is How do I counter this??? By day 10 I’m forced into a Transformation rather I’ve got food and sanity items by that point or not- And I usually either Die to two Terrorbeaks that spawn chasing me while fully insane, or I die running away from them from the full starvation status I was thrown into upon exiting his transformation.

I know there’s some new skill tree perks that remove the starve effect, but until I can get to that point I need to know “How to Woodie?”

What are the most effective uses for his formations?

I figured that a Beaver with its Ginormous chompers would be efficient at chopping wood, breaking boulders, chewing up Spider Dens etc.. but it appears to not be so good at those tasks.

As for goose I figured it would be good for scouting the map, or being used like it’s showcased in his animated short as a way of dodging enemy attacks in boss fights, but outside of ocean scouting it seems mostly useless..

And the Moose.. I’ve found no use for it at all.. it has one slow straight charge rush (like a clockwork rook) maybe it’s good for charging into clockwork rooks? Idk…

Someone please Help!!! 

3 hours ago, Dr.Webber said:

Does any how to get listing dots on the forum  on iPhone because I ask someone and icon they showed me isn’t on the top panel  so I think they were doing it on a computer 

You'll get the expanded panel that shows up on PC if you turn your phone horizontally.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

I don't use / didn't use woodie's transformations that much before the skill tree. And I haven't played woodie since the skill tree, so I'll give you my advice.

Don't use his transformations unless you're going to do something specific like clearing spiders, going for lunar / monkey island, or chopping A LOT of wood.

You lose HP, hunger and sanity for a small boost to whatever you're doing, which isn't worth it tbh

Normal woodie can deal the same amount of damage or more as Weremoose and chops fast enough (and has more chances at spawning treeguards). As for full moon transformations. If you don't do its specific task, you'll go back to normal faster, losing less sanity, and giving you time to search for food. Otherwise you'll just have to remember to carry some food to replenish your stats.

43 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

I don't use / didn't use woodie's transformations that much before the skill tree. And I haven't played woodie since the skill tree, so I'll give you my advice.

Don't use his transformations unless you're going to do something specific like clearing spiders, going for lunar / monkey island, or chopping A LOT of wood.

You lose HP, hunger and sanity for a small boost to whatever you're doing, which isn't worth it tbh

Normal woodie can deal the same amount of damage or more as Weremoose and chops fast enough (and has more chances at spawning treeguards). As for full moon transformations. If you don't do its specific task, you'll go back to normal faster, losing less sanity, and giving you time to search for food. Otherwise you'll just have to remember to carry some food to replenish your stats.

It’s not just being fully starving and completely insane that makes Woodie a pain in the backside to play as for me.. every full moon he endures a random transformation (or the one I choose if I eat an idol right before the full moon.) however- These Transformations are bad… like really really really really BAD… I turned into a Goose in Winter and a Freaking FROZE TO DEATH running from the Two TerrorBeaks that kept chasing it, it can’t fight… it can’t keep itself Warm with built in Insulation- It can’t do ANYTHING but run.. it’s just Absolutely Terrible, and I applaud anyone who stuck around to continue to be a Woodie Main.

Now for the record I did play a little bit of Woodie when he first got refreshed, and it’s so so nice to see that Transformation Idols no longer have a Spoil Timer now.

But I need help! 
How do I keep from freezing to death in Winter when I turn into a Wereform?? If I’m playing in Multiplayer Another player can just craft a Campfire and I can stick around it- But I often play DST ALONE.. and It feels like this Forces Woodie to be a Multiplayer Character, His Wereforms Can’t build campfires so you have to rely on other players to keep your goose feathers from freezing.

Its unfair, and Honestly quite annoying..

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

Carry a thermal stone with you or light a tree on fire before transforming and stand next to it. Unless you were insane before the transformation, you'll probably not lose enough sanity to get terrorbeaks attacking

Edited by Juanasdf

4 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Build a fire before transforming?

How do I keep from DYING to the TerrorBeaks that spawned in cause during the transformation I’m driven fully Insane?

I either A: Stick around a fire and stay warm but DIE to Nightmare Creatures. Or B: I run from the Shadow creatures but freeze to death.

HELP!

4 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

Carry a thermal stone with you or light a tree on fire before transforming and stand next to it. Unless you were insane before the transformation, you'll probably not lose enough sanity to get terrorbeaks attacking

It goes from full sanity to no Sanity during the Transformation :( Woodie feels so unfair…

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

HELP!

Carry a LGA, make a meat effigy or have a touchstone, otherwise, you can enter the caves before the full moon happens to avoid the transformation.

EDIT: You can also carry enough food to fight the nightmare creatures after you transform back and keep looking for whatever is left from autumn (carrots, berries, seeds)

Edited by Juanasdf
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

Carry a LGA, make a meat effigy or have a touchstone, otherwise, you can enter the caves before the full moon happens to avoid the transformation.

EDIT: You can also carry enough food to fight the nightmare creatures after you transform back and keep looking for whatever is left from autumn (carrots, berries, seeds)

Unfortunately.. cave diving isn’t always a option, due to how long loading times can be on consoles by the time the game actually loads you into or out of the cave you die to Bats/Darkness. On the Xbox One it had especially long load times, but on Series X/S they seem to be significantly faster. I’d still rather avoid the loading screen altogether if possible though.

I have a few more Woodie related questions. I’m trying to Invest into his Skill Tree to make him the most useful that I can.. but I need to know some things about Curse Mastery.

the description for Weremoose says he gains Regenerating Health and Planar Damage for the no doubt upcoming Planar Mobs in future updates..

This Seems like a No brainer choice.. However-

Beaver forms Mastery states that he gets a Powerful Tail Slam that destroys everything in its path.. this is the exact wording for this perk… but is that actually True? I mean obviously it’s not going to One Hit Kill Bosses…

BUT!! What I want to know is if I took Beaver over to a Spider Infestation and used the Tail Slam if it’ll Destroy all the Tier 3 Nests instantly like the description claims it will?

I have a nasty “Ring” of Tier 3 Spiders that’s in my Woodie World and I Want to know if Beaver Mastery will eradicate this issue for Me or if the cake is a lie.. and I should spec Moose for the Planar Mobs?

Edited by Mike23Ua

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Tail Slam

The tail slam is just an aoe chop/mine/hammer/dig effect, it's not meant for combat.

For dealing with spider infestation you can just spam charge attack as moose, just be careful don't get stun locked.

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

the description for Weremoose says he gains Regenerating Health and Planar Damage for the no doubt upcoming Planar Mobs in future updates

Its a decent perk to have if your going to use moose to fight but dont rely on it alot it can only get you so far,i think its better to fight the brightshades/shadow enemies regularly they are not difficult as long as you know what they do plus by the time you get to the rift content however you prefer you would probably have handy equipment (crowns,dark swords,healing/sanity) 

23 minutes ago, _zwb said:

The tail slam is just an aoe chop/mine/hammer/dig effect, it's not meant for combat.

For dealing with spider infestation you can just spam charge attack as moose, just be careful don't get stun locked.

This information makes me quite sad.. Wolfgang has a Crit hit chance as a Default part of his character requiring no additional skill investment.. (that also effects instant destruction of spider dens) but the Beavers Tail Slam isn’t useful in this same situation? Despite requiring 4 Skill Points invested to even unlock said ability..

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

This information makes me quite sad.. Wolfgang has a Crit hit chance as a Default part of his character requiring no additional skill investment.. (that also effects instant destruction of spider dens) but the Beavers Tail Slam isn’t useful in this same situation? Despite requiring 4 Skill Points invested to even unlock said ability..

Yes, because that chance to insta remove a material is by default a whopping 1%, meaning you either invest skill points into it or it will only happen so rarely that you would barely get a buzz if you did a drinking game with it. There's also the fact that in order for that crit chance to occur you have to be mighty, which means that while you try to mine up the forest, you'll be going through the same amount of work with the same amount of trees with a slight margin of error. I also don't really understand the spider den comment since even if you meant double damage, it's still no where instant. There's also the point that you shouldn't be suprised that the thing is bad for a thing it was no designed to do. The beaver is not the fighter, that's the moose's thing, so why would it get a comparable aoe option to it? The beaver tail may not be the best at killing spiders, but it is easily one of the best methods to quickly get rid of a swath of trees quickly that doesn't require a lot of food costs or bearger chasing.

35 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Wolfgang's crits don't apply to combat actions! Destroying a spider den is a combat action!

Are you sure? I can swear I’ve hit a tier 3 den a few times while in Mighty Form and destroyed them instantly. 

But then again I’ve also had dens I’ve fully destroyed still turn into A spider Queen 1 half second after I’ve destroyed it.