Do you play with music enabled?

Do you play with music enabled?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play with music enabled?

Personally i don't. Since i started playing i disabled it without any reason and just got used to it, but im really intrigued what does everyone else do. Also if you voted yes, please write down whats your favourite music track

umm absolute yes. I don't know anyone here who would do such a thing.

Perhaps only the most diehard 8000-hours people would disable music, and perhaps those that ran through Forge and Gorge a thousand times would disable music.

otherwise it's essential into shaping the masterpiece that is dont starve.

1 minute ago, thegreatJash said:

Good music, playing without seems a little lifeless, but I can get why some people don't. My favorite muaic are all the spring music.

So theres different soundtracks for every season? Wow that's interesting. I feel like im missing out some content.... Might try enabling it just to try it out lol

Yes!!! When spring arrives, I absolutely need to hear spring cleaning! One of the best soundtracks! There’s even an acoustic version of it on YouTube! 

But most of the time I do, it kind of makes the environment feel better! The soundtracks are creative, and when fighting bosses it really sets the mood! Also, there should be more soundtracks when at sea, since I’m thinking of basing out in the ocean.

I'll be the weird one and say that I do disable it when I'm playing with others.  It's got less to do with quality and likability of the music [I quite like it when playing solo, although I'll usually pick my own tracks] and has more to do with how my brain works - I can focus more on what people are saying without it as I easily get carried away when listening with music.

3 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

I'd LOVE to  hear my own music but... I'd rather hear the depth worms than listen to my own music...

Why is that? Sometimes i just feel like listening to music according to my mood (mostly when im sad). And i think that having enabled the game's music may interfere with my playlist 

while playing normal, yes. it helps me hear the ingame sounds better, PLUS i have the dusk/night music mod which prevents the music from stopping, which is sooo annoying.

while playing forge i play my own music though. (especially when playing as woodie, because bear hugger's theme from punch out wii fits well)

while playing gorge, music stays on no matter what, that music is amazing

I'd vote for a "depending on my mood" option. Nowadays I'm listening to other music more often, but earlier I always had the game's music and I still do it usually.

45 minutes ago, Brubs said:

So theres different soundtracks for every season? Wow that's interesting. I feel like im missing out some content.... Might try enabling it just to try it out lol

You really should try them out ;) No exaggeration, DST's OST was one of the main reasons I stuck with this game. The music is so fitting and atmospheric, the componists did a great job. And there are different songs not only for each season, but different activities and all bosses too, many of which are awesome. Winter's and summer's working theme, winter's and spring's EFS (epic fight song, aka. boss music), caves' and ruins' music, Bee Queen's and Klaus' themes are my favourites.

And then there some great music mods as well, the dusk and night music mod is almost a must, but there are others that change the ost, you could take a look at the workshop.

I used to afk in the main menu a lot so I disabled the sound completely and afterwards I never really got around to re enabling it, yes I'm lazy. I still actually haven't heard Wurt or Walters voice.

If I'm playing DST mindlessly by myself for whatever reason then I play some other soundtrack in the background just cause I want to. But if I'm playing DST with friends or the original game then I have to enable the music for the ~experience~

Archived