If you could have any character from any game join DST, who would it be?

My mind is constantly plagued with thoughts like "what if paper mario was in don't starve?" and I frequently think of characters somehow ending up in the constant and what they'd use to survive. Naturally, I'd like to hear what the community thinks about this concept.

What character do you think you'd have the most fun playing as in DST?

I would love a reworked Wagstaff. Lorewise he has so much to offer!

Also i have a weakness for scientists who work with scraps, garbage or anything of the like. I would really like him to be more oriented into building different gear for others to use, and rebalance his stats a bit since they seem a bit old fashioned and weird.

Maybe him being able to provide dessert goggles, sea vision goggles, or disguises for the monster characters so they are safe with certain mobs. Also he could share the ability to craft things faster just as Winona.

Upgrading existing equipment could also be a nice feature, just like Warly spices but for weapons or armor (e.g: adding spikes to the hambat, increasing damage, etc)

Edit: i know these changes may seem to transform Wagstaff into a new character, but i do think that his scrappy inventor spirit could remain intact despite the changes.

Villager from Animal Crossing seems fitting to the game, although the fact that they take the inventory management to an even more extreme level such as digging up and pocketing entire trees and workbenches means they would theoretically be able to pocket research stations in DST, including the ancient pseudoscience stations as well.  They can probably also use a bug net to catch spiders, considering the size of the tarantulas in the game. A downside that Villager could have is *susceptible to spiders and bees* and instead of simply taking more damage from these mobs like Walter and bees, Villager has a unique craft for Medicine taking something like 9 petals and a honeycomb. Getting hit by spiders and bees gives the Villager up to a 40 hp penalty which stacks with telltale heart revive/florid postern penalties.

In short, Villager seems like an OP workshop character considering they can pocket pretty much anything.

18 minutes ago, Pixil said:

Villager from Animal Crossing seems fitting to the game, although the fact that they take the inventory management to an even more extreme level such as digging up and pocketing entire trees and workbenches means they would theoretically be able to pocket research stations in DST, including the ancient pseudoscience stations as well.  They can probably also use a bug net to catch spiders, considering the size of the tarantulas in the game. A downside that Villager could have is *susceptible to spiders and bees* and instead of simply taking more damage from these mobs like Walter and bees, Villager has a unique craft for Medicine taking something like 9 petals and a honeycomb. Getting hit by spiders and bees gives the Villager up to a 40 hp penalty which stacks with telltale heart revive/florid postern penalties.

In short, Villager seems like an OP workshop character considering they can pocket pretty much anything.

Make that villager Goldie, and I’ll be the happiest I’ve been in a while.

48 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

My mind is constantly plagued with thoughts like "what if paper mario was in don't starve?" and I frequently think of characters somehow ending up in the constant and what they'd use to survive. Naturally, I'd like to hear what the community thinks about this concept.

What character do you think you'd have the most fun playing as in DST?

But answering to the thread, I’d like to see bomb girl from Riverbond be added. I’m sure nobody knows what it is, but still, I think she’d be super cool! The skins would be adorable, and even tho she’s a “furry”/bunnywoman, c’mon we’ve got a Wortox so no big deal. She’d probably be able to craft various types of bombs and would have sassy quotes as she is like that in Riverbond itself. It would also be a great way to get more people into playing/advertising Riverbond, y’know being a collab between 2 companies.

Lore wise, she wouldn’t be a great addition, I think that the characters that most likely would be added would be from other of Klei’s games like Hot Lava or ONI.

Spoiler

872899606_2CarversanEverettandaLucy..thumb.png.73d8a45926b24bcfafca4785691eeedc.png

(Y'know, the same kid on my Pfp?) 

His name's Reynold. From a game (And animated series) called Costume Quest. He's one of if not my most favorite character in terms of games and shows. Got some of the best lines that I've ever heard.

Ex:

Spoiler

2011177489_giphy(1).gif.7c58ed46da155d3b00e5eefa4ed2f384.gif

(In retrospect. I could've cropped out the image but I'm really tired.)

9 minutes ago, zee_dragon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

872899606_2CarversanEverettandaLucy..thumb.png.73d8a45926b24bcfafca4785691eeedc.png

(Y'know, the same kid on my Pfp?) 

His name's Reynold. He's one of if not my most favorite character in terms of games and shows. Got some of the best lines that I've ever heard.

Ex:

Reveal hidden contents

2011177489_giphy(1).gif.7c58ed46da155d3b00e5eefa4ed2f384.gif

(In retrospect. I could've cropped out the image but I'm really tired.)

I just started playing costume quest and I didn’t realize that he was the same guy from your profile pic O.O

I've been enjoying TheBlob's crossovers with the game Knock-knock, both the comics and the Wodger mod.

I also think it'd be fun if the Overwatch characters whose names start with W (Winston, Widowmaker, and Reinhardt Wilhelm) were in the game; a while ago I came up with DST adaptations of the first two's mechanics just for fun. Winston could be able to jump across gaps and obstacles - similar to soul hopping, but shorter range and without the invincibility, there's a mod that lets any character do it already - and do AOE damage at the landing point like a Deerclops smash, and Widowmaker could be very resistant to cold and be able to craft venom mines and maybe some sort of extra-long-range weapon. All I've got for Reinhardt though is that he could have a charge attack like moose Woodie and he'd probably be vulnerable to overheating with his armor on. It's the kind of thing I'd enjoy a mod of, but I don't know how to program any of this and I'm dubious about whether I could make sprites that met my own quality standards.

ANY game?  Wow...I'd have to...stop and think about that for a while.  There are LOTS of games, even counting only the ones I know.  I could throw out just the first character I like that comes to mind, but I'd rather think and end up with somebody both balanced, theme-appropriate and hopefully who already has a W name.  : P

But my actual first choice is obvious--I'm'a have to be boring and say Walani.  She's already a DS universe character.  We already have _a_ character from Shipwrecked.  Her surfing ability would make sense now that we have a sailable ocean.  Etc.

Actually, funny you mention characters from other games in DS(T)...'cos I've gone and done the OTHER way around--attempted to recreate DS characters in other games!  Such as the Sims:

Spoiler

simwilsoninvents1.png.5db3dc0c02cc292a14410555c9bc3cae.png

Wilson attempts to invent stuff in his attic.  You can't see it here, but there's even a tiny square old-fashioned radio elsewhere in the room.

willowscamp.png.ee75a22d8f9c10a60f5c78b0fccd37bf.png

Willow's camp!  She has a "wilderness lot".  I put in as much DS-like stuff as the game (Sims 3, to be precise) had (and later swapped that firepit for a more appropriate-looking one, with no chairs.  Chairs are mod-only!) and she has NO actual indoors.  She has a tent, which she uses for both sleep and "shelter".  She lives outside, uses a firepit for warmth, gets plant-type foods out of her "advanced farms", fishes in her pond and can even keep bees!  I had to put in some concessions to the fact that Sims have different needs, like for example they do need to go to the bathroom and take care of their hygeine.

Notice that she is wearing a "puffy vest" here for her winter clothes, and that there's a teddy bear in the background. He's actually a teddy BORG (lol) and Willow won him from the crane game at the summer festival on her very first try.  Obviously, it was meant to be.  You can rename them (!!!)  So he actually is called BERNIE!  :D

Oh, and since in the Sims 3 you can recolour everything yourself (an AMAZING feature they totally should've also had in Sims 4), I of course made her tent all covered wtih FLAAAAAMES.  : P

simwillow.thumb.png.2374a584b0f851f39bdf55fea9bda9a8.png

Close-up of Sim Willow herself, in Create-a-Sim.

willowbythefirepit.png.d6a880bde7197f68f257d54e67df7a6d.png

And here she is at the proper firepit, and yes, right smack out in the rain.  As it should be!  Ah, spring.

pay no attention to the Stargate over there

She kept spinning up a wish to "light a fire".  AAAAAAAA (dies laughing)  XD

Oh, and here's Sim-Wigfrid for good measure:

simwigfrid.thumb.png.3f692ad4d66455bb0eaf83793c220427.png

:)

I have others, but I don't think I have like, _good_ pictures of them yet.

...Notorious

Nymm, the shy bard. ( From Hollow Knight )

- He has already participated in a cult. (ease of handling objects that lose sanity)

- He can play his accordion to regain some sanity for him and allies

- Afraid of "flames". (loses sanity close to any fire source)

- Shy. Doesn't give warnings when close to other players (deerclops, hounds...)

IMG_20200623_111537_704.jpg

Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series.  His ability to shift to and from the spectral to the material realm would be an interesting mechanic [provided there is such a thing in DST] and I'd love to hear him expound for 10 minutes on the murals in the ruins. XD

Also having him compete with Wortox for souls would be comedy.

Archived