*Wes Should Get A Rework*

I am aware Wes is considered a bad character & basically hard mode, but I think Wes should get a "mini buff" in the form of a crafting tab. (No stat changes)

I've always saw Wes to have "glass cannon" potential & after re-watching his amazing short, definitely sparks some ideas. 

Wes should get a crafting tab that allows him to craft various balloon items & maybe a few mime arts. (similarly to Maxwell's shadowmancy) 

So when it come to balloons, Wes can make balloon swords, balloon armor, balloon boomerangs, balloon hats, a balloon hound that could make sound to draw aggro or frighten some mobs (can help with Koalophant hunting), and of course his Balloon mech from his short which can help stun (or stun lock) enemies & can either go above water like a boat or jump across gaps much like Wortox's teleport.

No obviously with maybe the exception of sword,boomerang, & hat; everything pops in 1 hit. However the perk is that there's a small RNG percentage chance they can deal/block high damage. For example the balloon sword would deal 5-10 DMG; however, there's a chance it could deal 500 DMG or for when the balloon armor pops and deals damage to the wearer but there's also a chance it can block any attack without losing 1 hit point of damage. Giving Wes this mechanic could make him (tho not much) a more viable ally than what he already is. Plus all these craftables (with the exception of the mech) require not materials to make as long as you have the sanity.

Now for "mime arts," this is honesty for laughs, but still would be kinda cool.

In We's crafting with the combination of nightmare fuel & sanity, Wes can make invisible (with some visible shadows or faint outline) items & structures.

For example he can make literal invisible walls that work just like the wood & stone one or maybe invisible food that can replenish 30 hunger or even make invisible traps even; the catch is that there's a 50/50 chance of them working. The concept of Wes miming something into existence and it actually working would be funny.

All and All, I think Wes needs to have a little more to him and giving him a 50/50 Rng mechanic is the best way to give his some leverage while still keeping his hard play style. I mean let's be real if you're going to add a mime to the game, at least have some fun with the concept. (like go all out on it)

maxresdefault (1).jpg

We already have 16 characters with various upsides for various play styles. What's one with a bit of challenge. 

If you REALLY wanted to buff him for online, how about he takes aggro from others easily, or have his balloons be carryable by other players and they grant a small boost, but does nothing for Wes himself, or maybe his mimes grant sanity to others (but not him) like Walters stories

As much as i love Wes, i dont think that will ever happen. He is supposed to be a challenge character but in the end he became a meme.

Refresh on April fools day (with hilarious useless buffs), his favourite meal is one of the most difficult to cook (and restores more hunger than his maximum) 

Some of the best trollish skins and animations... i mean its really hard to take him seriously anymore... But we still love him

He will.. eventually- Klei said all of them will get a rework, and there are a hundred million ways they can make Wes more of a team player but still be challenging in his own way.

I suggested something Similar to Smites Aphrodite a while back- Meaning he is weak and dies laughably quick when on his own, but when surrounded by teammates he becomes the most powerful of them all. Something like Crafting Balloon Swords that do nothing for him... but when another Non-Wes Character uses them they’re surprisingly super good.

Or- He could craft tools like normal.. but then look at them in disgust & throw them behind his back, because as a Mime he feels he does not need Them! So he instead drops the (for example axe) and then proceeds to Mime chopping down a Tree, Miming Tree chopping would have the same durability as using a real axe and before he can Mime Chop again.. he would need to craft and throw away another Axe-

The Downside would be that he could not pick up or use already existing tools. 

Which if that’s confusing you I’ll shorten into a TL:DR- Craftable tools that He can NEVER Pick up.. but any Non-Wes Player can come behind him and pick them up and they’ll have a 100% Durability.

I just made Wes 100% Useless when he’s by Himself- But VERY Useful to a TEAM and that’s why he needs a Rework more than ANYONE Else in the entire game.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The Downside would be that he could not pick up or use already existing tools. 

I.. I would feel REALLY bad for solo Wes players if this was the case. Imagine all the clutter that would be left behind! At some point your world would become 20% tools.

11 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

I.. I would feel REALLY bad for solo Wes players if this was the case. Imagine all the clutter that would be left behind! At some point your world would become 20% tools.

Well I already throw down items that are at like 5% durability anyway so I didn’t see any problem with it- Something DST could really use that it does not currently have Outside of Moleworm is “Clean Up Mob” 
Something like Shipwrecked Primeape or Hamlet Dung Beetle- This would solve that problem by ridding his world of left over tools I think I would probably limit it down to just basic tools or Wigfrid Spears and Helmets, he should still be able to use other stuff like Eyebrella...

But my General Idea is that If theres 1 Wigfrid, 4 Wes Players and A Wilson, Then Wigfrid only needs to craft ONE Helmet and Battle Spear, Which the Wes players would pick up then chunk carelessly away- Gaining those extra stats and perks like they’re actually wearing said a Helmet or using said Spear- BUT the only one who would Actually use the Spear and Helm is Wilson.. while the 4 Wes’s would Mimic using invisible versions.

Its the best TEAM perk I could think to give to Wes that does nothing in terms of helping him survive any better on his own.

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

~snip

As much as the idea behind it could be interesting i see two problem with it:

-First, it would leave alot of different tool all over the world. You suggested having a mob cleaner for tools, but as of now we don't have such a mob and as such it would create alot of lag after leaving so many tools on the floor all over your world.

-Second, i think it could make Wes totally OP. Imagine going to dfly, you craft one dark sword and one football helmet. Then once your "invisible" tool are broken you just take back the one you drop and continue the cycle, saving so much ressource. I personnaly wouldn't mind that so much but it would make Wes way stronger at saving ressources compare to other characters(would i mind that? Idk, i would just find that really powerful for a character supposed to be "hard")

An alternative to your idea, would be the ability for Wes to mime, at the cost of 1 sanity per swing, an axe, pickaxe or shovel! Keeping it to those specific tools, without cluttering a world with random tools on the floor, sounds a better idea.

This perk would also act as a small team benefice, cause the other players in the game would be using the flint or twigs that a Wes player would use. Those two ressources are the most looked after in new worlds, so having one player not needing them would be really usefull.

He can’t pick up any tools that’s the downside man, you can’t pick up something you’ve chunked away, You can only use them Once, per tool, per Mimic use.

So you couldn’t just use the same Darksword over and over and over again.

I dunno it was just a fun thing I thought of that would make him useless on his own but Insanely OP when playing with a Team, and that’s what WES Needs Most- he needs to be more team oriented right now he currently is not- He eats all the food, his weapons deal less damage and break faster, I kick Wes players out of my room because I don’t want their self imposed challenge hindering my Own gameplay experience (because I did not pick to play as Wes.. so I should not have to Suffer from having Wes on my Team..) 

Wormwood and Warly are good examples of Challenge characters, they’re plenty hard on their own.. but still help their team and are actually Useful & Wes needs to be more like them.

I don't think so, personally. I think Wes and Wilson will not be getting reworks. The algorithm I follow as that of they have an animated short, they are reworked and Klei is currently finished with them.

Wilson technically has an animated short, called "Forbidden Knowledge", and Wes got one a month or two ago. Wilson is sort of the default character with no upsides or downsides, and Wes is the basic challenge character. 

I wouldn't want to see them get a rework, anyway. They are both fine where they are in my opinion.

4 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

I don't think so, personally. I think Wes and Wilson will not be getting reworks. The algorithm I follow as that of they have an animated short, they are reworked and Klei is currently finished with them.

Wilson technically has an animated short, called "Forbidden Knowledge", and Wes got one a month or two ago. Wilson is sort of the default character with no upsides or downsides, and Wes is the basic challenge character. 

I wouldn't want to see them get a rework, anyway. They are both fine where they are in my opinion.

I just want Wilson's Meat Effigy to be worth making.

8 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

I heavily Disagree with this, Wilson and Wes worked as Beginner & Hard challenge characters in single player DS, BECAUSE the game was Singleplayer- However in a MULTIPLAYER game they are both equally useless... bland.. and do nothing for a TEAM.

Now that I own all of the Dont Starve Together DLC characters & single player DLC expansions and have finally gotten to play as Wortox, Wurt, Wormwood, Walter, Wheeler & Wagstaff.. As well as the ones Klei have refreshed Warly, Willow, Woodie, Winona & Wendy- I can safely say that fleshing a character out and giving them more personality, and things they can do or craft.. Can never HURT the game..

Just look at your “Current” Wilson & Wes.. and compare them to all the names I just called out- They will most defiantly get reworks... or no ones ever going to actually WANT to play as them again.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I heavily Disagree with this, Wilson and Wes worked as Beginner & Hard challenge characters in single player DS, BECAUSE the game was Singleplayer- However in a MULTIPLAYER game they are both equally useless... bland.. and do nothing for a TEAM.

Now that I own all of the Dont Starve Together DLC characters & single player DLC expansions and have finally gotten to play as Wortox, Wurt, Wormwood, Walter, Wheeler & Wagstaff.. As well as the ones Klei have refreshed Warly, Willow, Woodie, Winona & Wendy- I can safely say that fleshing a character out and giving them more personality, and things they can do or craft.. Can never HURT the game..

Just look at your “Current” Wilson & Wes.. and compare them to all the names I just called out- They will most defiantly get reworks... or no ones ever going to actually WANT to play as them again.

Wes WILL get a rework because his compendium is not finished. Wilson I don't think will though. And if Wes does get a rework, it probably will just be like a joke.

According to the planned route announced by klei, wes and Wilson will definitely be refresh,  it's only a matter of time. I am also very much looking forward to what interesting changes they will make to these two characters.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:08 AM, Brago-sama said:

We already have 16 characters with various upsides for various play styles. What's one with a bit of challenge. 

If you REALLY wanted to buff him for online, how about he takes aggro from others easily, or have his balloons be carryable by other players and they grant a small boost, but does nothing for Wes himself, or maybe his mimes grant sanity to others (but not him) like Walters stories

THIS.

Wes is a complete drain on teamates, as he provides nothing of value for liability he is, if he ONLY had perks that impacted other players I feel like he would be perfect.

I'd still like a few extra little fun things for himself, like more balloon uses, but nothing major, also some new pantemimes, it gets a old watching the same like, 5 everytime he tries to say something.

On 6/21/2020 at 9:08 AM, Brago-sama said:

The problem with that is that it isn't multiplayer friendly and it makes him an absolute deadweight for the rest of the players.

29 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

The problem with that is that it isn't multiplayer friendly and it makes him an absolute deadweight for the rest of the players.

if someone picks wes often is because understand a little more of the game that beguiners wigfrids or wendys so he can bring a lot of food (the only thing that he drains for the team if we dont take in count that he needs more hits from a weapon to kill) if he wants (there is gredy people...) to the base than others, these will need more time and resources to achieve

It's unfair to the people that like Wes but don't want to be a dead burden to people, this is what gets you killed, or banned from ANY public server. Nobody wants his burden or will respect Wes mains until they see Wes is no longer dead weight. I have all the Wes skins but am burdened to use them on Roleplay... Where I can deal with Wes's hunger myself. There should be a rework for all characters that make them better as characters, explaining their lore and giving the people what they want. Not some joke that Wes is, Wes is better than a joke/meme: he IS a person too so why neglect anything SPECIAL?! What about traits for his balloons to DO things? Or Phantom miming items like in SW with the oar! Wes could be ANYTHING and I would like the CHANGE of him not being dead weight. And none of that "Oh he's supposed to be hard" BECAUSE It doesn't serve ANY purpose in a game that doesn't NEED hard characters! I mean Warly is probably worse but he can still SURVIVE, Wes is WAY too weak!

Archived