What is your favorite boss in DST?

For me, it would be, by far, the dragonfly. This boss forces me to have a lot of skill, timing and quick decision making. This is also a boss that you do not need to tank, which makes it skilled based: a lot of fun! Her loot is also the best in the game (in my opinion) which rewards me for having skill. The only disappointing thing in this fight is lag, but you can turn off the caves to avoid it. Since going into the caves is a suicide for me, it does not disturb me.

Since I play alone mostly.. I don’t really fight bosses, I guess my favorite would be Feastclops out of all the ones I HAVE fought- Easily fightable Solo.. And gains new X-men themed powers around Christmas.Also killing it gives me a lightbulb to put on my Christmas tree.

And while I talk a great deal about Me Likey Da Spooky, I love Halloween & Christmas equally as much.

And by the way yes, I’m totally that weirdo you’d see wearing a lime green Christmas hat around everywhere they go starting on December 1st (I Now have a Lime Green Winter Christmas Hat in the Game too and will wear it even when it’s not Winter.. get over it.) :) 

In my opinion all raid bosses are particularly challenging and well made, but even among then Fuelweaver reigns supreme. He ties content from the surface, caves and ruins, has a magnificent lore behind (who is metheus btw?), unique mechanics and awesome loot. 

On 4/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Since I play alone mostly.. I don’t really fight bosses, I guess my favorite would be Feastclops out of all the ones I HAVE fought- Easily fightable Solo.. And gains new X-men themed powers around Christmas.Also killing it gives me a lightbulb to put on my Christmas tree.

And while I talk a great deal about Me Likey Da Spooky, I love Halloween & Christmas equally as much.

And by the way yes, I’m totally that weirdo you’d see wearing a lime green Christmas hat around everywhere they go starting on December 1st (I Now have a Lime Green Winter Christmas Hat in the Game too and will wear it even when it’s not Winter.. get over it.) :)

This--I'm relieved to find out I'm not the only solo player who doesn't bother with bosses.  Also I was gonna say something like "...is it wrong to say I like the boss that's the most USEFUL to me...?" 

Because for me that'd be Mama Goose--having one of those nests _kinda_ close to me but not TOO close is a godsend all spring.  I don't have to worry about hounds anymore!  :)   And as a vegetarian, she won't eat the meat.  Especially nice during challenge runs when I'm not allowed to build certain things and have to live minimally...and I just really like the feel of cleverly using stuff that's already around, anyway.

Just as long as she doesn't spawn IN your base...

dstcivday234dammitmamagoose.png.e225365f1985a9b51a0fea5c95b7bcbe.png

...but I still kept running the hounds over here from my provisional spring base anyway.  : P

And I can't say anything about wearing lime-green winter hats at the wrong time of year...I still have my last year's Winter's Feast tree up in my current camp and ain't NOBODY cutting it down.  Heh.

I have the green hat in-game, too!

willowsnewhat.png.824463a76416563266a4fa4e3c91f110.png

...Willow showing it off during Winter's Feast 2016/2017 was one of the first pictures I uploaded here.  :)   (Lookit that old-fashioned water!  I still kinda miss it.  And yes, poor Glommer.  I think a hound got him.)

...Notorious

Either Klaus or Moose Goose 

I like Klaus because he has a lot of unique fighting mechanics exclusive to his boss fight, and he has more attacks that usual. I also like how he has two phases, which, for me, is always good for a boss fight. The best part, in my opinion, is his loot. He doesn't really have any exclusive loot, he just has a bunch of other boss loot in a bag, and it's different each time. One time you could get a Deerclops Eyeball, a Down Feather and a Spiderhat. But another time you can get a mandrake, a Thick Fur, and some Royal Jelly.

I like the Moose Goose fight because first you're fighting a big Goose that resembles a Moose, and then when she's dead, all of her babies get mad and try to kill you by turning into a twisters, but then they get dizzy. I like the whole theme of the boss fight, where their feathers are used for electric weapons, and the Moose Goose comes down to have babies during the Spring, and the whole fight is based off of twisters, rain, and lightning. Probably my favorite.

I don't have a favorite for mechanics, they're all just what they are to me there.  For theming I really like Dragonfly and for loot I really like Bee Queen.  Having that crown when playing with other people is worth playing with other people lol

Fuelweaver no question, such a rewarding fight, from the process that goes into being able to fight him, to the god-tier items he drops.

He does give me a feeling of "i finished the game" every time i kill him for the first time in a world, that's maybe because it took me sooo long to slay him on my ps4 account. And he also got alot of end boss vibes so :D

I like Fuelbeaver. However, if we talking entire DS universe, then the Ancient Hulk obviously takes the cake. It has so many creative, complex attacks, I would love to see a similarly cool boss added to DST.

Deerclops. Iconic boss fight, and in a group setting the fear that it causes is incredible. Knowing how to overcome Deerclops is one of the first major skill milestones players have to overcome, and knowing what to do in a public server setting inspires a lot more confidence.

I also love that Deerclops comes after YOU instead of being a challenge that you have to hunt down. Obviously it's very simple from a mechanical perspective but it's still fun.

Archived