Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Return of Them: She Sells Sea Shells is live

Mike23Ua    7751
6 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Judging by the end of the trailer, celestial tribute will be important in the future update.

Screenshot_20200423-194809.jpg

Unfortunately Thanks to work at home delays I feel like this content will take a back seat for awhile while Klei focuses on easier to do things.

Such as character Refreshes, Shipwrecked & Hamlet item ports- Simple stuff like the now existing Wobster And Wobster Dens.. as Example.

Maybe If we are lucky they can activate old content that’s been set as Inactive (Gorge And Forge Stuffs!)

Also a bazillion skins will probably be on the Agenda as well now that the Clean Sweeper thing exists.

These skins will likely include more Twitch Drops, more Purchasable bundles, and Maybe possibly a rotation of new items in the Rewards page.

Of course all of this is purely my own speculation & unless you hear it from Klei Dev’s themselves.. It would be wise if you If you don’t believe a word I say.

Having said that.. My Town plans to fully lift its lockdown policy and go back to normal living schedules by the end of this Month.

I am not sure rather or not Klei will also be returning to normal operating procedures around this time or if that’s just my local area.

• Like 2

Shosuko    2475

Wow!  I'm very excited to get these new skins!  The new Bee Box looks amazing!  And with the cleansweep we can now skin non-craftables I love it ~

The new sail is just the sail I needed!  Anything to be a bit more piratey~  Next we need a pirate hat of some sort~

Edited by Shosuko

Marco BR    2107
33 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

A atualização também está disponível no PS4?

Unfortunately not!  In the notes they say that maybe next week 

• Like 1

OutcastChaos    29

Awesome update!!!
does a dedicated server auto updates with the new lunar island? or how does that work, its the first time me and my friends put a dedicated one, and we still not completly sure how it works.

Ah, the music in these trailers gets better each time. A pleasure to listen, and particulary this one : it seems that we get an advanced version, compared with previous videos.

Keep it on !

• Like 3

Viktor234    4953
3 minutes ago, Mroviz said:

Imagine Chester or Glommer skin

A Bee skin for Glommer might fit to the actual skin theme, or to its flower.

• Like 3

reverentsatyr    2901

Hopefully the Celestial Tribute will be updated to offer something exclusive. Maybe this is the first item in the updates that will finally lead up to Them?

Edited by reverentsatyr
  • Like 3

VenomFriend    8

Did anybody manage to host a dedicated server after the update? Every time I try to host, it hosts a beta world, even though I'm not using the -beta returnofthembeta parameter on the bat.

Moonatik    363
1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Judging by the end of the trailer, celestial tribute will be important in the future update.

Screenshot_20200423-194809.jpg

Did it represent a monster ? A giant skittersquid ? Or kind of ?

• Like 2

bruhmoment23    6541
4 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Did it represent a monster ? A giant skittersquid ? Or kind of ?

No, but atleast in my opinion, this will be the literal keyword "tribute", a key element to activating/awaking something or receving something in return for bringing it back into the island.

Edited by bruhmoment23

Moonatik    363
1 minute ago, bruhmoment23 said:

No, but atleast in my opinion, this will be the literal keyword "tribute", a key elemant to activate/awake something.

I get that and I'm ok, but its form makes me think to a kind of idol, which could represent a monster.

So... Everything related to Them, could it be only on the sea ? Maybe a weird question. The moon biome fall on the sea. This new important piece must be found after a fight with a sea's creature. So other question (Lovecraft inspiration), what the deepness of this sea is hiding ? What do you think about an underwater temple/ruins ? Is it the next step ? Going underwater and explore his secrets ?

• Like 1

uhmvaythuj    0
3 hours ago, Jason said:

She Sells Sea Shells

Far out past the familiar shores of the mainland, something is waiting for our Survivors. What would you do for the thing you treasure most?

New Features

• Messages in bottles.
  • Moon fragment Island.
  • The Crabby Hermit.
  • The Crab King.
  • New Seasonal Fish.
  • Wobster and Wobster Den
  • New Winch Boat structure.
  • Sunken Treasures.
  • Singing shells.
  • Clean Sweeper craftable 

New skin sets available

We have also added bunch of new items available as drops in-game or bundled in chests for purchase.

rot_sea_shells_forum_items.png

The Adventurer's Belongings Chest contains 5 skins, The Flamboyant Headpiece, Hampered Basket, Twisted Dagger, Shadowy Armor and Koalefant Knapsack for $5.99 usd .

We also have the Outdoorsy Belongings Chest which includes the Froggy Bug Net, Frondly Tent, Bee Bonnet, Sweet Beemuffs, Frostflower Firepit, Porcelain Ice Box, Seabreeze Tammie and Reclaimed Relic for $8.99 usd.

Or get everything together in the Spring Cleaning Bundle for $11.99 usd.

New Streaming Drops!

We are adding the Crystalline Honeydome the Crystalline collection. For more information on streaming drops and how to get them, check out our support topic here. 

beebox-trio.png

New Login Bonus!

For a limited time, Log into DST and get the Crab King Sail skin for free! 

mast_crabking.png

Simply have the game updated and log into the game with the update installed to get the item.

Console

We need to get the console version updated with fixes from to beta version so we expect this update to be available for console early next week. Of course, everything is taking a little extra time right now, so it may take longer than we think, but we'll post if we find out there has been a significant change in timing.  

Final Note

On to the next thing! Now is a good time to mention that we are currently in the middle of evaluating our schedule. We're definitely beginning to see issues creep in from our current situation working from home. We're looking to shift things around a bit so we can still have something for you every month but the next update will likely be smaller as we work on the larger stuff like the next new character and the next Return of Them update. When we have more information on that, we'll let you know. 

Update #406355 Notes:

• The Crabby Hermit and Crabking are retrofitted into existing world.
  • The player can now board boats while mounted.
  • The player can now board boats while lifting a heavy object.
  • The distance you can jump to embark and disembark has been adjusted and is now based on how fast your character is moving.
  • Irreplaceable inventory items no longer slip out of your inventory when drowning in the ocean
  • Creatures that follow you onto a boat will now wash ashore (instead of die) when the boats sinks
  • Changed the ingredients required to craft the Tackle Receptacle.
  • Boat Patch also repairs boat damage
  • Added Clean Sweeper for changing item skins.

View full update

very good ! it's good game

Jabalor    1

I dont know if its a known bug, but if you fish up a wobster and put it on the Fish-scale structure it will say UNKNOWN DONOR no matter what

Mike23Ua    7751

I kinda feel like they jumped the gun with the new loyal mast though- Don’t get me wrong it looks dark & menacing... And of course me liking dark & spooky things means I Absolutely LOVE IT....

BUT i still can’t help but think that it looks like something I would expect Hostile enemy ships sailing my direction to be using.

Mienszo    0

It will be added at my world or i must start form the begining to try this new content?

Edited by Mienszo