Jason

Return of Them: She Sells Sea Shells is live

watermelen671    19010
52 minutes ago, Blunderbuss said:

frog skin reminds me of something haha

Not this again...

unknown.png

Don't do it or you'll never be able to get the bugger off again without crashing the game and bricking your save file.

1 hour ago, Moonatik said:

Did it represent a monster ? A giant skittersquid ? Or kind of ?

Pretty sure it's this:

VbgxAVl.png

Also cross-post of all the skins I dug up from the pits of Tartarus:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    74395

I'm trying to speedrun the pearl quests by using debugging but the particular fishes she wants are unable to be spawned... Am I doing something wrong?

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'm trying to speedrun the pearl quests by using debugging but the particular fishes she wants are unable to be spawned... Am I doing something wrong?

first of all, what are the pearl quests exactly?

secondly, i believe you need a large fish proportional to the fish. mainly means that a large fish like dandy will still get called small if it's too light compared to the general weight of most dandy lion fish

• Thanks 1

minespatch    74395
Just now, Wumpus the 19th said:

first of all, what are the pearl quests exactly?

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Crabby_Hermit

The tasks players can perform for the Crabby Hermit are:

An Ocean Fish is heavy if it weighs more than 70% of its maximum weight from its minimum weight.

• Like 2

bruhmoment23    5668
13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So how do I spawn the fish by code? The code says the fish isn't a inventory item. 5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

Via console, the oceanfish inventory edition always end with _inv at the end of the command, for example : c_give"oceanfish_medium_1_inv"

After that the fish you want will appear in your inventory bar, keep in mind each fish has a diffrent number, including the new seasonal ones.

Edited by bruhmoment23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LudwiGa    2
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

BUT i still can’t help but think that it looks like something I would expect Hostile enemy ships sailing my direction to be using.

What if YOU are the hostile enemy?

Miu3    10

Ooooo very nice!

Id love to see more random NPCs season and biome oriented in the game and why not underwater world similar to caves in future :D

Moonatik    345

Is there dogs attack on this island ? I'm thinking about red ones, could fire destroy some important things, lady's things ?

• Like 1

minespatch    74395
3 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Is there dogs attack on this island ? I'm thinking about red ones, could fire destroy some important things, lady's things ?

Yup, I checked on my playthrough.

image.thumb.png.8f5cb1b3a7d2e8cb1380ff5fbc668a50.png

Got the sail and it looks really good. I'm not torn between the crab king and roseate sail, I managed to win the tsundere and had a dance party, and yes... Colonel Klink maid. Also screencapping the menu cause I'm pretty sure those special menu statements will only stay for a short time. So yeah.

I'll try getting the beebox soon. I'm going to pass on the skins this time.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    5673

Guessing I won’t be able to actually obtain the Crab King Mast or Beebox skin until the update arrives for my platform. :( 

In the meantime I get to watch @minespatch show his off in his game screenshots.

But it is Okay!! Because, well Er Because That Flower Shaped Firepit skin is a must have for any Wendy main. If I don’t buy Anything else.. I’ve defiantly got to add that to my skins.

(Plus it would probably look nice for those of you to place that annoying buzzing racket maker who Myself & Wendy both equally want dead, Glommer beside) 

I always Murder him though, It’s what Wendy wanted after all.. and I can make a less annoying glomglom pet Instead. :)  

Pikapikap    664

A few days ago, I was still discussing whether we will have fallen skin in the future. I did n’t expect to have it today. It ’s incredible.I love you klei!:DThere is also a few days ago I guessed this Thursday there will be a surprise,Then it became a reality,awesome!

As a skin collector, I bought new skins as usual. They are really beautiful.I love it

-2f5628cd34e0ee31.png.090c6e56621a865158815f4c786dfa56.png

Also I found a new option in the game settings,It's called "texture streaming"Can someone please tell me what this is for?  I also uploaded pictures,If anyone can help me, thank you very much.

7374b8a3bda2ef75.png

• Like 3

Thalkas    1225
13 minutes ago, joker177 said:

Also I found a new option in the game settings,It's called "texture streaming"Can someone please tell me what this is for?  I also uploaded pictures,If anyone can help me, thank you very much.

7374b8a3bda2ef75.png

TL;DR Texture streaming should improve performance, especially on lower end GPUs. The tradeoff is that you might see some textures pop-in right before your eyes.

What it does. Normally when you start a new level or reach a new area in a game, the game engine will load all texures used in this level/area into GPU memory. This is a good approach if the GPU has enough memory to keep all textures. However, if the texture quality is too high and there is not enogh GPU memory, FPS will drop.

Texture streaming is a different approach. Textures are loaded into GPU memory as needed. Objects in the level will have some placeholder blurry low resolution textures. Then, as the objects come into your view, the game will load high resolution textures for them. This is a good approach when the GPU doesn't have much memory to work with.

Pros of using texture streaming: better performance, especially on lower end GPUs. You may even be able to use higher texture quality without a significant performance hit

Cons of using texture streaming: if textures arent loaded quickly enough, you will see some textures pop-in.

• Like 3

Pikapikap    664
2 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

wow thank you for your reply,So is this function making the game smoother, so do I need to enable this function?

Thalkas    1225
Just now, joker177 said:

wow thank you for your reply,So is this function making the game smoother, so do I need to enable this function?

Basically should reduce the load of your GPU by load just the most important stuff close to you. But I don't know how it works in DST. It's new option.

• Like 1

Pikapikap    664
Just now, Thalkas said:

Basically should reduce the load of your GPU by load just the most important stuff close to you. But I don't know how it works in DST. It's new option.

With this feature turned on, the game will only load the resources needed to get closer to the character, thereby improving performance? Should i understand that:)

• Like 1