What structures would you like to see ported from singleplayer DLCS to DST?

I think something that would be really cool to see, but not necessarily implement it like it is, is something related to the root trunk. It’s basically DS’s version of the Ender chest, and I could see myself using that extremely frequently if it was introduced in DST. Would help reduce how much I carry, too.

I think it would be interesting for it to take on a lunar feel, since I feel like it would somewhat fit every particular chest of that time with the characters desires.

1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

I didn't say items/weapons.. and these wouldn't get ported because they'd be too op.

giving gun powder a real purpose would be fun. A modest 200 damage per rotten egg when all bosses have thousands over thousands of health is not op.

plus we need the blunder for dst boats.

halberd is just rad af

Personally, the Beard Hair Rug (a carpet turf) would be a good choice, alot of people don't even know that it exist (it's a Hamlet turf), the Fish Farm would be neat too (maybe make it a wobster farm ?) And yeah, the root trunk would be awesome (and maybe the cork barrel, but I'm asking maybe too much, I just love the look of these)

Spoiler

BeardRugBirb.thumb.png.db75e62f9b7b84c341e0c507daba5f04.png The Beard Hair Rug turf

Root TrunkThe Root Trunk

Cork BarrelThe Cork Barrel

Fish FarmAnd the Fish Farm

7 minutes ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

Fish Farm No_Starve_maker X 2.0

Please Klei, never again ! Fish Farms completely obliterated hunger away from the game:wilson_horror:

Really I don't see anything else on SW or other DLC that used to be free food/sanity/heal farm for no effort once you build 10 of them...

(Especially for DST now that we have the Tin Fishin' Bins, let's just play in creative at this point)

But on my end I don't exactly want structures (I was thinking that you wanted to port setpieces :grin:) but more of the nature stuff of SW such as the Palm Trees (as long it doesn't mean Fish Farm... But coconades... :encouragement:) I liked a lot of thing about these trees, like the Palm Leaf Hut.

But let's not place them in the oasis, more on bonus and optional islands on the generation

When i first started out in DST as a new player, I kinda wished that they Palm Leaf Hut so i could have somewhere to stand to avoid the rain.
Tho now that im a better player and dont mind the rain as much, I would still like to see a structure like it that can help both with avoid rain and heat by standing under it.

Like above, the obsidian fire, so a kind of... Unless we see a new biome with obsidian.

And more type of turf, yes ! Come on Klei, let's make like ten new turf. I know there's a new one in the beta, but as I'm cleaning a forest biome these days, I don't really know what turf I'll put on the ground, feel like no many choices.

4 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Like above, the obsidian fire, so a kind of... Unless we see a new biome with obsidian.

And more type of turf, yes ! Come Klei, let's make like ten new turf. I know there's a new one in the beta, but as I'm cleaning a forest biome these days, I don't really know what turf I'll put on the ground, feel like no many choices.

I would love Beard carpet and Moss turf from Hamlet.

More turf types (both natural and decorative), PALM TREES especially at the Oasis, the leaf-hut thingie...I was also a fan of the winter/summer trap setpieces, but I get why they were taken out.  (And hey, if it DOESN'T activate, free fridge on Day One!  Which actually happened to me once.)  I have screenshots around here somewhere of a base of mine with palm tree stuff in it...

megarandombase.png.36fe37f2b4b8332a4632564dea5638b0.png

...but that was only from a mod, a mod that's now unsupported in fact.  So...  (The other weird trees are apple trees from the "Birds and Berries and Flowers and Trees with Friends" mod, which is older but _does_ still work.  My New-Wendy world has that mod!  Oh, and the barrel is from "Pickle It!")

I also had to download a new mod to get the turf I wanted for my Japanese sand garden project thingie.  Although we have sailable oceans, still no nice sandy BEACHES!

Houses like in Hamlet would be awesome, but they're probably too OP in a world where the environment itself ISN'T constantly trying to kill you and the seasons don't change every 5 days (unless you're on one of my servers at times, lol) so I'll settle for being able to stand still under some leaves.

...Notorious

5 hours ago, ADM said:

Please Klei, never again ! Fish Farms completely obliterated hunger away from the game:wilson_horror: =

I can't imagine playing SW and using fish farms for actual food, it just sounds super unfun. Why would you actually want to survive off of those small fish of all things? Every time you want food, you have to jump onto your boat, sail to your fish farms, pick each one individually, then eat them for 12.5 hunger each with a long meat eating animation. It just sounds like hell when SW already has so many better options for food.

I've always seen fish farms as just a fancy way to get purple groupers for Quacken fights, not actual food.

29 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I can't imagine playing SW and using fish farms for actual food, it just sounds super unfun. Why would you actually want to survive off of those small fish of all things? Every time you want food, you have to jump onto your boat, sail to your fish farms, pick each one individually, then eat them for 12.5 hunger each with a long meat eating animation. It just sounds like hell when SW already has so many better options for food.

Do you eat the rabbit right after capturing it or eat pig meat without cooking ?

I didn't know I had to clarify it was for use them for the Crock Pot and do whatever recipe you can think about with fish, like Surf 'n' Turf, Sea Gumbo or even as meat filler for a Meaty Stew. It's also not like if gathering the fish was time consuming when you have the fastest boat equipments, it's even faster than everything else you could do on land.

Just build Fish Farms and see by yourself, the game just lose purpose afterward. Only reason I don't want to see it on DST.

Edit :

Obviously the problem is not building Fish Farms, you can have one for each fish (4 in SW) and this will be legit + enough for sustaining your needs, but for these scenarios where you have dozens of farms... why would you explore the other farming aspect of the game when you already have something doing the job for you AFK ? :( Not only it pause the hunger requirement of the game but also ruin aesthetic of playing : Bases full of the same thing again and again, but in water this time, it's lame and I'd be very disappointed of playing this way.

And I don't think DST is going to save Fish Farm especially when you figure we have already 20 different fish in the game (Wobsters and pond fishes included) and a weight system, some players just don't care about it, but the others will just see a hobby wasted, this is what I think is unfunny.

10 hours ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

Personally, the Beard Hair Rug (a carpet turf) would be a good choice, 

Honestly, the concept of a rug made of beard hair is absolutely disgusting and cursed.

Although, everyone's talking about turfs here, but what if we could get skins for turfs? That's something I've wanted for a long time that I've never heard anyone talk about.

Archived