What structures would you like to see ported from singleplayer DLCS to DST?

5 hours ago, ADM said:

I didn't know I had to clarify it was for use them for the Crock Pot and do whatever recipe you can think about with fish, like Surf 'n' Turf, Sea Gumbo or even as meat filler for a Meaty Stew. It's also not like if gathering the fish was time consuming when you have the fastest boat equipments, it's even faster than everything else you could do on land.

Both Surf 'n' Turf and Seafood Gumbo are super questionable for hunger, 37.5 for each, meaning you'd be losing a big chunk of hunger from what you put in, which is why I assumed you meant eating them on their own. Meaty Stew sure, though you could put in basically anything else for filler so I still don't 100% get singling out fish farms.

Also, there's no boat equipment that speeds up the picking animation, which is the main reason harvesting fish farms is time consuming.

5 hours ago, ADM said:

Just build Fish Farms and see by yourself, the game just lose purpose afterward. Only reason I don't want to see it on DST.

I've used fish farms actively, I wouldn't be talking about them like this if I hadn't. That's why I mentioned I see them like a fancy way of getting purple groupers, because that's the best use I've found for them over all of my playtime.

It's questionable to me that you mention the game "losing purpose" if hunger isn't a problem. Even if fish farms were the ultimate food source, I would still disagree with this. The purpose of the game isn't to keep yourself fed, keeping yourself fed is simply a part of surviving, and making survival easier is your driving force behind everything past the early game. Maybe you could keep yourself fed forever in DST with fish farms, but that doesn't mean the rest of the game disappears just because you're capable of keeping yourself fed while doing absolutely nothing else.

Everything I want is a Cutlass Supreme, but made from Gnarwail Horn (150 uses, 68 damage, no sanity drain and a unique attack sound).
I also want an obsidian firepit, palmleaf hut and normal boats (like row, armored and encrusted boats, even if they can only hold one person) from SW and possibly a magic flower from HAM.

Limiting things to structures is a bit boring, so im breaking the rules.

Id love to see the Living Artifact added as like, an end-game item you can get, but tweaked so it doesn't last as long *BUT* is refuellable somehow. It's an absurdly fun concept and really fun to play with, but it's locked behind two raid bosses PER USE(one of which forces you on an unfun treasure hunt) which essentially kills the item for me.

You could change it's appearance so it's made of Thulecite, that could be cool.

2 hours ago, Canis said:

Limiting things to structures is a bit boring, so im breaking the rules.

Id love to see the Living Artifact added as like, an end-game item you can get, but tweaked so it doesn't last as long *BUT* is refuellable somehow. It's an absurdly fun concept and really fun to play with, but it's locked behind two raid bosses PER USE(one of which forces you on an unfun treasure hunt) which essentially kills the item for me.

You could change it's appearance so it's made of Thulecite, that could be cool.

It's locked behind one "raid" boss. You don't have to kill the Pugalisk to get the water.

4 hours ago, derplord said:

Honestly, the concept of a rug made of beard hair is absolutely disgusting and cursed.

Although, everyone's talking about turfs here, but what if we could get skins for turfs? That's something I've wanted for a long time that I've never heard anyone talk about.

I know it's nasty eh ? But that's funny and the look is great ! With ADM, we already talked about structures or items that should have a skin, and the turfs was coming often on the topic, it's a good idea in my opinion (a skin of the carpet turf, a black one would be awesome)

yeah, I'm still reeling from the fact that shipwrecked actually added a roof. I think that would be either perfect for multiplayer or even maybe too good  for it depending on how you look at it. spring's the season where you can't sit near the fire or endothermic and just cry to avoid the season, the leaf hut would change that so players joining in spring won't immediately go insane. then again, you can avoid all but the super cold of spring by unequipping everything.

Archived