Crab Character/Boat Character

The first time I saw it, I immediately thought it was an NPC, not a new character. The title of the update is "She Sells Seashells" which I figured was a hint at a kind of Pig King/Yaarctopus character who trades items.

But the lobster character's silhouette IS perfectly shaped like it could be a new playable character, there's probably a good chance it is.

I'm wondering if this potential character interacts with rock lobsters and could bring them in the overworld to help fight. They're currently trapped in only one biome in the cave.

12 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

I'm wondering if this potential character interacts with rock lobsters and could bring them in the overworld to help fight. They're currently trapped in only one biome in the cave

As much as I love the idea of a rock lobster character I don't think that will happen, since thematically we already have Wurt as a character strongly focused on gathering his own kind and building an army, and Webber, who is still due for a rework but mostly on the same line.

Another "creature that has benefits with his own kind" kinda creature would be sort of redundant in my opinion.

To everyone saying it's a boss/Crab King. Most people are aware. We're talking about the player-looking silhouette on the left.

rot_silhouette_beta_1.png.9742e17b4305788765a40420a1762a6f.png.7add69c7d407db6b021fd3c6795d38a3.png

The updates title: "She Sells Seashells" seems to heavily imply that we're getting an NPC. If this were singleplayer DS I could totally see them being both NPC and unlockable character, but alas this is DST.

We are still missing the fourth DLC character who we can assume to be non-human, and potentially even female in the case that they try to balance the genders. In the same vein, it would be weird for them not to announce the final DLC character as if they have in the past. It would also feel weird tying a purchasable character to a content update. Wurt was tied to Hallowed Nights but it seems like a stretch to have a new character referred to in the title.

Ultimately I am hoping this is a new character because as much as I love Wurt for being a fish, I want a true sea-focused character. I'm not ready to invest into such thoughts though, given the strange circumstances. We'll just have to see.

38 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

To everyone saying it's a boss/Crab King. Most people are aware. We're talking about the player-looking silhouette on the left.

rot_silhouette_beta_1.png.9742e17b4305788765a40420a1762a6f.png.7add69c7d407db6b021fd3c6795d38a3.png

This looks like he's fused with whatever the rest of the silhouette is supposed to be. Could very well be a Snorlax or whatever it was called situation with two creatures fused together...

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

We are still missing the fourth DLC character who we can assume to be non-human, and potentially even female in the case that they try to balance the genders.

See I would love to see Charlie be this final character
and seeing as they are starting to do more lore and maybe even puzzles... it may happen

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

As much as I love the idea of a rock lobster character I don't think that will happen, since thematically we already have Wurt as a character strongly focused on gathering his own kind and building an army, and Webber, who is still due for a rework but mostly on the same line.

Another "creature that has benefits with his own kind" kinda creature would be sort of redundant in my opinion.

Not to mention that you need to be Wurt or Webber to befriend their respective mob. Anyone can befriend rock lobsters.

What if it’s not a rock lobster and is instead a crab, you know like the ones people say can’t exist in DST due to the climate and Atmosphere...

Yet there are audio files in the game for something called a “Crab King” Sooooo yeah.. Like it or not this seems to confirm that Crabs WILL be in DST at some point.

Im thinking something along the lines of Zoidberg from Futurama.. bright Red and well less Rock Lobster. 

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What if it’s not a rock lobster and is instead a crab, you know like the ones people say can’t exist in DST due to the climate and Atmosphere...

...Does anyone say this? I've heard tons of people say they want pebble crabs from the Gorge in the main game. If anyone says this then I imagine they're talking about crabbits specifically, the vibrant blue tropical crabs which would feel totally out of place in DST.

6 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

...Does anyone say this? I've heard tons of people say they want pebble crabs from the Gorge in the main game. If anyone says this then I imagine they're talking about crabbits specifically, the vibrant blue tropical crabs which would feel totally out of place in DST.

Pebble Crabs would be Awesome, they could even replace Limpet Rocks.. like you’d pluck them off Rocks or they could fall off on their own, they would be a new food source. Similar to Stone Fruit.

Though how anyone can eat them without breaking their teeth is anyone’s guess.

oh how i wish and pray for woodlegs to rise again and take his place as the lord of all seas, it would be a truly grandiose experience, but alas, boats are not the main focus of DST, and so he yet rests, waiting, yearning just as i.

oh, yaarctopus 2: moon crab edition is pretty cool too i guess.

Would it be morbid if I told you that I totally thought it was Walani being turned into a crab-human hybrid? No way you could make that look pretty imo; furthermore, any skin added to that would probably look like if you put makeup on a cacodemon.

I imagine that will be a raid boss and the thing on its' head would be a crab minion. Fight mechanics would involve having to fight off a swarm of the said crabs, maintaining boat health and damaging the main boss' health as well, kinda like Bee Queen and Grumble Bees but out at sea. Rewards could be based off whatever their carapace is made of.

14 hours ago, Squirrel12 said:

As a player who just loves the boating mechanics in DST and has been exclusively just been building boat bases

Would love to see a picture of one of your "boat bases" :) 

10 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

See I would love to see Charlie be this final character
and seeing as they are starting to do more lore and maybe even puzzles... it may happen

just be hopeful, she will probably be replaced one day. (that's just how it is) and to make her "fit" in she could get separated from that evil monster persona, and that could still be the night monster, and they could just give her a last name that starts from W, why do you think that we only know her name so far? Robert SWagstaff yeah they used his last name, Wigfrid? it's a stage name, she is an actress, no way her real name is Wigfrid. And her sister Winona didn't only come to say hi, she has a purpose.

Plus I recently saw some  people are theorizing that William Carter's brother Jack Carter could perhaps replace her, but none of this is official. And again if she does get replaced she won't be left in the dark to only be the night monster. Remember, we still don't have a character with true shadow powers

10 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Would it be morbid if I told you that I totally thought it was Walani being turned into a crab-human hybrid? No way you could make that look pretty imo; furthermore, any skin added to that would probably look like if you put makeup on a cacodemon.

Yeah, I could see going from one hub of the constant to a major hub giving her dimensional damage could be a interesting change... Still doesn't explain how Warly became unscathed if we go by that logic.

Archived