Crab Character/Boat Character

22 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

See I would love to see Charlie be this final character

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I hope The last DLC Character is not a Crab person, and is Instead This-

Charlie as a character would be great (although unlikely for a number of reasons), but not as a DLC character. She's extremely important to the lore of the game while DLC characters are not, as [presumably] intended.

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Charlie as a character would be great (although unlikely for a number of reasons), but not as a DLC character. She's extremely important to the lore of the game while DLC characters are not, as [presumably] intended.

I just think she has the greatest potential to be the ONLY playable character in the game with World Manipulation Powers.. (yes Wicker can somewhat do it with Applied Horticulture..) But that is NOT what I mean.

I mean to basically be able to “Flip” things in the Environment between a Light & Dark Status.

Such as turning Flower into Evil Flower, Rabbit into Beardling, Raising and Lowering the Sanity Pillar Barricades, Etc... 

She is seen doing this during the New Reign trailer fighting with her light and dark side with rather things should be pretty or spooky before settling on a Middle ground of Pretty Spooky.

I imagine she could effect things like Flipping Gem Colors, maybe even soothing a Tree-guardian or Creating One, Pigmen into Werepig.

A Character who can Manipulate the different light and dark stances of the mobs and environments of the game.  

YES it would be Overpowered.... but it’s honestly no different then a dead players ghost haunting flowers or pigs to trigger the change. (You can Do that by the way... being a ghost isn’t 100% Useless)

Makes me Sad that WENDY can’t Command Abigail to Haunt Stuff to achieve the same effect Without a human player needing to die..... but I guess her Rework is Finalized. 

So... the next best person in line is CHARLIE

(That’s been the whole reason I wanted her Playable to begin with.. what, did you think I just wanted her cause she looks cute?? NO there’s a Winona head Skin that makes her look close enough to Charlie to fulfill that role.)

lobster character should do bonus unarmed damage, cuz ya know, claws.

Charlie could easily be a new character. No one knows what her plans are and how it would play out, and putting a probability on it is just subjective speculation. 

A crab character should be able to walk under water, everything else would be silly. But I don't think they would add underwater biomes for just one character. So I think it is just a NPC character living on this rock (similar to the Yaarctopus in Shipwrecked).

1- That shell totally looks like a hermit crab shell

2- You can see waves at its "feet" meaning it is most likely a stationary mob and not a character

3- If the sound files are called "crab king" then it is either a pig king like mob or a raid boss

One final note if there is a new character coming (which is pretty likely) this probably isn't the silhouette. But it probably is a lobster/crab character.

2 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Maxwell was extremely important to the lore, and he is in the game

You completely missed the second part of my statement. Is Maxwell a DLC character? No.

DLC character do have some lore relevance, like Wormwood coming from the moon, but they aren't essential to the main storyline since they're from the Constant and not taken into it.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

You completely missed the second part of my statement. Is Maxwell a DLC character? No.

DLC character do have some lore relevance, like Wormwood coming from the moon, but they aren't essential to the main storyline since they're from the Constant and not taken into it.

I just see Charlie as the person currently occupying the Nightmare Throne, and I get the overwhelming feeling of dread that THEM is going to want their Throne back from her.

The updates are titled Return of Them... so who or what is Them, and why are they Returning?

Is Them meant to be the Return of Them DLC Characters who aren’t in the game yet?

Meaning Warly, Wormwood, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wagstaff, Wheeler & Wilba?

(Wormwood & Warly are already in so this idea hilariously isn’t so far fetched.)

Is Return of Them the Ancient people?

Is Them even human at all?????

Theres very little to go on there, all we know for certain is that Whoever or Whatever Them is they will be returning.

Fuelweaver quotes “You are not Them.”

As far as a Boat Character goes (as in like a Character that’s infused with a Boat...) that idea for obvious reasons wouldn’t work in the game.

Its the name of the update that hints at a Water Trader though., She Sells Seashells.

I feel like this would be a good thing to think about considering the discussion of a potential character in the mix, if it were to be a new character, what would the name of said character be? It would have to be something that starts with W obviously and would have to pull back to the character since they are of "crustacean decent" and most characters have names that reflect what they do save for a few. We have our woodies and our willows and our webbers, now What Would our Wobster-esc, Would be acquaintance, be called? Ideas?

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have No idea who created this picture so full credit goes to the artist or mod creator who did this.

A4C80C05-A977-4E9F-AC1C-D81C0A87C76A.png

my favorite mod! sadly.. the voice is a bit broken, and the modder can't fix it :/ but I had so much fun with this mod! (the dst version)

On 3/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I'd be darned if Charlie didn't become a playable character eventually, but as the next DLC character? Her place in the lore just holds too much significance. The story would need to undergo a serious reconstruction à la Don't Starve Adventure Mode, and even so, it would open a ton of questions like why she suddenly decides to join the survivors. Was she forced out? If so, by whom?

I have no doubt Klei would be able to answer these questions, but Charlie as the very next DLC character might be a bit hasty. Maybe Klei has been sitting on 12 Netflix seasons worth of Don't Starve lore and is ready to release Charlie, and if so I'm up for it. But I'd prefer them to take their time in releasing such an important character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(also her name doesn't begin with a W so she's immediately disqualified /s)

On 23.03.2020 at 12:13 AM, Bird Up said:

I'm wondering if this potential character interacts with rock lobsters and could bring them in the overworld to help fight. They're currently trapped in only one biome in the cave.

As I know you can give rock to rock lobsters then they follow you 3 min and they can follow you to overworld (if its wrong sorry).

On 3/24/2020 at 7:09 AM, Charlie Dark said:

my favorite mod! sadly.. the voice is a bit broken, and the modder can't fix it :/ but I had so much fun with this mod! (the dst version)

They can fix it, but unfortunately the coder and the artist who are working on the dst version have a lot of other things going on.

On the plus side, her skins are working again.

5 minutes ago, Toros said:

They can fix it, but unfortunately the coder and the artist who are working on the dst version have a lot of other things going on.

On the plus side, her skins are working again.

But I asked them.. well there are multiple DST versions, not sure which one you're talking about. I asked the creator and he said that it's beyond his "abilities" they thought of giving her a new voice or something though 

3 hours ago, Naveil said:

I'd be darned if Charlie didn't become a playable character eventually, but as the next DLC character? Her place in the lore just holds too much significance. The story would need to undergo a serious reconstruction à la Don't Starve Adventure Mode, and even so, it would open a ton of questions like why she suddenly decides to join the survivors. Was she forced out? If so, by whom?

I have no doubt Klei would be able to answer these questions, but Charlie as the very next DLC character might be a bit hasty. Maybe Klei has been sitting on 12 Netflix seasons worth of Don't Starve lore and is ready to release Charlie, and if so I'm up for it. But I'd prefer them to take their time in releasing such an important character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the "return" of Them is a thing.. why are They returning?, to take the throne back?  plus they could just easily snap a last name that starts from W.. maybe this is why we only have her first name so far, and just be hopeful. SWagstaff's first name is "Robert", Maxwell is "Maxwell" in the game even though his real name is William, and Wigfrid is a stage name. Plus think again, she is the character with the most and best lore in my opinion and we got her sister, we got Maxwell, the man who would greet you upon entering a world in the original DS, who would have thought that he'd ever become playable before adventure mode? 

4 hours ago, Naveil said:

plus most Americans have first, middle and last names.. again think of the possibilities, and yes she is American, she used to live in San Francisco 

2 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

plus they could just easily snap a last name that starts from W

Well, I was originally joking about the W thing, hence the /s. But since you got me riled up...

Yes, Wagstaff's first name is Robert. Yes, Maxwell's real name is William. Yes, Wigfrid is a stage name. But that doesn't matter. It isn't about "this character's name MUST begin with a W", it's who we know them as. Have we ever known Wigrid's real name? Does it matter? They broke the W rule with Maxwell, mainly because of his significance to the plot. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to break it again with Charlie. That being said, your solution to the problem is sorta wack. Why would we ever rename the character we've known up until now to be Charlie? It would be far too confusing.

Also, I'm not against the idea of making Charlie playable. I'm all for it in fact - if Klei adds her tomorrow, I'd be thrilled. It's how they do it that adds concern. If they throw her into the game unceremoniously, it would be a massive wasted opportunity.

Klei knows how to handle these shenanigans, so I'm hardly worried. I'm not against her being added in the foreseeable future, I'm just not expecting her for the next DLC character. Like I said, she's too important and her arrival would have to signal a huge shift in the plot.

1 minute ago, Naveil said:

Well, I was originally joking about the W thing, hence the /s. But since you got me riled up...

Yes, Wagstaff's first name is Robert. Yes, Maxwell's real name is William. Yes, Wigfrid is a stage name. But that doesn't matter. It isn't about "this character's name MUST begin with a W", it's who we know them as. Have we ever known Wigrid's real name? Does it matter? They broke the W rule with Maxwell, mainly because of his significance to the plot. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to break it again with Charlie. That being said, your solution to the problem is sorta wack. Why would we ever rename the character we've known up until now to be Charlie? It would be far too confusing.

Also, I'm not against the idea of making Charlie playable. I'm all for it in fact - if Klei adds her tomorrow, I'd be thrilled. It's how they do it that adds concern. If they throw her into the game unceremoniously, it would be a massive wasted opportunity.

Klei knows how to handle these shenanigans, so I'm hardly worried. I'm not against her being added in the foreseeable future, I'm just not expecting her for the next DLC character. Like I said, she's too important and her arrival would have to signal a huge shift in the plot.

This is not exactly what I meant.. I definitely don't want her as a "dlc" character even though seeing her behind a paywall would definitely amuse me because she'd have some sort of exclusivity and I didn't say to change her name entirely, I just said they could give her a last name or "nickname" ? instead that starts from W, if they don't want to break the rule..Plus no not yet.. if they do add her now it's definitely not the time, you are right.. But again, it's like Klei are taunting us at this point, we saw her "jumpscares' at the end of trailers, we saw her herself in trailers, picking up the rose the ancient fuelweaver dropped, using the "white" energy (in the end of the forge trailer I think)

So uhh...

Spoiler

You unlock Maxwell in Single Player DS by beating the game and replacing him on the throne.

When DST came out they decided to let Charlie wonder in and free Wilson.

Is it crazy to think that once Return of Them is 100% complete and Whoever or Whatever Them is.. we will Unlock Charlie by beating the game and freeing her from the influence of Them?

I would want Charlie to be a Ridiculously Overpowered playable character (as she darn well deserves to be..) but it would make sense to make something that OP be locked behind beating the game first.

Also because all of that is wayyy off topic I want to throw my own 2 cents into the crab/boat character thing-

A character who is infused with a boat wouldn’t work.. you’d never be able to leave the ocean AND it would be an oddly shaped play model from the rest of the game.

So no...

a MOB Shaped like a Boat would work though and would be horrifying.

The fact the little character in the corner is playable character shaped heavily hints that this is both a playable character, AND in the same picture with it, a Water Structure.. 

the title of the update She Sells Seashells Also seems to imply that we will be able to sell Stuff to it.. someone made an Excellent suggestion that the different weights of capturing Seafish could reward different loots from a sea trader.

i love that idea because it gives fish weight more purpose then just PVP Bragging rights.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

So uhh...

Hide contents

You unlock Maxwell in Single Player DS by beating the game and replacing him on the throne.

When DST came out they decided to let Charlie wonder in and free Wilson.

Is it crazy to think that once Return of Them is 100% complete and Whoever or Whatever Them is.. we will Unlock Charlie by beating the game and freeing her from the influence of Them?

I would want Charlie to be a Ridiculously Overpowered playable character (as she darn well deserves to be..) but it would make sense to make something that OP be locked behind beating the game first.

Also because all of that is wayyy off topic I want to throw my own 2 cents into the crab/boat character thing-

A character who is infused with a boat wouldn’t work.. you’d never be able to leave the ocean AND it would be an oddly shaped play model from the rest of the game.

So no...

a MOB Shaped like a Boat would work though and would be horrifying.

The fact the little character in the corner is playable character shaped heavily hints that this is both a playable character, AND in the same picture with it, a Water Structure.. 

the title of the update She Sells Seashells Also seems to imply that we will be able to sell Stuff to it.. someone made an Excellent suggestion that the different weights of capturing Seafish could reward different loots from a sea trader.

i love that idea because it gives fish weight more purpose then just PVP Bragging rights.

even if she was added and wasn't op at all, even if she was a "bad" character I wouldn't care, I would just play as her and play the game forever, because she's my favorite fictional character.

Archived