Hallowed Nights Has Returned and Wurt has Arrived + much more!

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm sure once Wilba comes into the lore for like a side short, they might be the quartet?

Wilba wont. She has absolutely nothing to offer that we cant already take advantage of or that we already have. We already have pigs and while werewilba would be nice we have Woodies combat form. Klei wont add Wilba because she wouldnt offer anything. Same with Walani. Surfboards would make the whole "Together" aspect of the game disappear and we already can argue we have 2 scouts(Woodie and Wortox) Some characters just wont work for DST

1 minute ago, BreadScientist said:

While I agree their sort of niche has already been filled- it could be possible Wilba could appear with a significant rework, whether or not she was a "refresh" or a DLC

Well. What would she have to offer? Pigs are accessible to everyone,the "spoiled" mechanic wouldnt work,were form would be copy and paste,etc. If they added in Wilba she would either have some random gimmick that never existed before or a copy and paste of Wurt but pigs

Just now, Casul said:

Well. What would she have to offer? Pigs are accessible to everyone,the "spoiled" mechanic wouldnt work,were form would be copy and paste,etc. If they added in Wilba she would either have some random gimmick that never existed before or a copy and paste of Wurt but pigs

I don't know- but I will tell you I could never have predicted what the refreshes we have seen have done (with the possible exception of Warly, I guess?)

I feel like Klei could make something unique. 

Just now, BreadScientist said:

I don't know- but I will tell you I could never have predicted what the refreshes we have seen have done (with the possible exception of Warly, I guess?)

I feel like Klei could make something unique. 

Heres what I see. Warbucks,Walani,Wilbur,Wagstaff, and Wilba either dont offer anything,have too much griefing potential, or conflict with lore. Wheeler is meh she could be added because there is nothing really known about her,Woodlegs can upgrade ships or maybe cannons,etc. Besides those 2 the others have no way to really pull their weight or work with others.

Just now, Casul said:

Heres what I see. Warbucks,Walani,Wilbur,Wagstaff, and Wilba either dont offer anything,have too much griefing potential, or conflict with lore. Wheeler is meh she could be added because there is nothing really known about her,Woodlegs can upgrade ships or maybe cannons,etc. Besides those 2 the others have no way to really pull their weight or work with others.

That's a pretty bold claim to make. You have no idea what kind of changes they could do between versions. I doubt you could have predicted that Woodie would be getting two new forms.

I doubt there will be any more additions outside of maybe those 2 as refreshes. Wormwood was released with ROT as a lunar creature. Warly with ships. There isnt a way they can add the others without some excuse via updates. And we all know we arent getting a pig update

5 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

That's a pretty bold claim to make. You have no idea what kind of changes they could do between versions. I doubt you could have predicted that Woodie would be getting two new forms.

I knew there would be form tweaks. All these 2 forms do are guarantee Wilba and Walani not making the game. Scout got taken. Werecombat got taken. 

Warbucks got thanos snapped,Walani no longer would offer anything unique,Wilbur would be able to make mobs that steal and lower sanity so wouldnt be added,Wagstaff could grief an entire base either with the thumper or fire goggles(which others wouldnt be able to use), and as previously said Wilba doesnt offer anything without tying her to pigking and forcing a wurt copy. 

2 minutes ago, Casul said:

I knew there would be form tweaks. All these 2 forms do are guarantee Wilba and Walani not making the game. Scout got taken. Werecombat got taken.

I think the point here trying to be made is that these characters have potential, which Klei could very easily tap into. Porting them over in their current state wouldn't do any good, but with reworks they could easily fit in and offer something that isn't already taken. I love almost all of the DLC characters design wise, and I think it would be kind of a shame to just dump them all when so much work is already done for Klei, like animations, character quotes, voices, etc. Its easier than making an entirely new character, and is highly requested around here, would probably please a good amount of people. There is really no harm in this.

6 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

Alright, we're gonna have to agree to disagree here.

If you wanna debate this we can make a thread and talk. I'm not saying your wrong or that it wont be added in some way I'm saying the CHARACTER wont be as in how they function and play. They all would require tweaks and changes the biggest being Wag and Walani. Personally I hope they arent added as I see no point but they could be after crazy amounts of changes

2 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

I think the point here trying to be made is that these characters have potential, which Klei could very easily tap into. Porting them over in their current state wouldn't do any good, but with reworks they could easily fit in and offer something that isn't already taken. I love almost all of the DLC characters design wise, and I think it would be kind of a shame to just dump them all when so much work is already done for Klei, like animations, character quotes, voices, etc. Its easier than making an entirely new character, and is highly requested around here, would probably please a good amount of people. There is really no harm in this.

Yes thank you you nailed it exactly 

Wag would have to drop thumper and not have fire goggles. Maybe get new devices but Winona kinda has that already. Walani maybe instead of a surfboard a skateboard or sum? It fits her character and would give both a use and an exclusive. Wilba....idk man Wurt copy? Wilbur would have to be made troll proof. But even with those additions they still wouldnt be unique really because as said. We have were forms,have devices, and have scouts

Plus who would want to travel down to monkeys just for bannanas to make huts and such. Or play a character for a land speedboost which would limit use of beefalo as travel.

You know, from analyzing this trailer, the absolute weirdest thing about it is this.
image.png.02fd61e6f5d213a7207b5e181f0f38e1.png

See that? Abigail is alive in a SWAMP. That's illegal, that's absolutely inaccurate to the game. She always dies to tentacles, she can't exist in a swamp.

...oh and there's also a grave, I don't recall graves spawning in swamps, so that too.

/s

Wurts village is the same idea as Webber or Wilbur or Wilba, the only real difference is the portable merm king

Wurt stats jump to 250 hunger, 200 sanity, 250 health when the merm king is alive

Swamp turf acts like cobble turf to her, pretty much forces her to base at the swamp excluding late game

Wurt can see tentacles, is very short lived and isn't too difficult to spot one for any character (except night)

Wurt gets +2.8 sanity from a pet fish, doesn't loss grip even at 100% wetness and doesn't lose health after drowning, meh

Wurt can read Wicker books for sanity effects, I don't think anyone would waste those books

gets +1.33 from vegetables 

Is a vegetarian monster

Basically Wurt is a more anti-social version of Webber, she benefits from Woodie, Wicker and Wormwood but doesn't return the favor for anyone except another Wurt; There are far more spiders in multiple biomes and Webber can provide tons of spider materials, Merms on the other hand they are all shoved in swamps and they only drop food (the only plus is that they better fighters than pigs)

Drop the pet fish and reading for crafting reed roots would help Wurt become more of a teamplayer

I’m pretty sure this has already been discussed somewhere.. but this update build is full of bugs Everywhere... like for example- Dying and becoming a ghost! It’s okay to become a ghost.. (it happens to everyone who isn’t a know it all veteran) but what is most defiantly NOT Okay is losing all control over your own ghostly self and floating off uncontrollably to the edge of the games map.

Sound like a glitch you’ve heard of before??? Probably- but Dev team do not get discouraged by this!! Even the major companies like Rockstar often times release updates that break old patches they’ve already fixed before.

its unfortunate.. but it defiantly happens :(

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m pretty sure this has already been discussed somewhere.. but this update build is full of bugs Everywhere... like for example- Dying and becoming a ghost! It’s okay to become a ghost.. (it happens to everyone who isn’t a know it all veteran) but what is most defiantly NOT Okay is losing all control over your own ghostly self and floating off uncontrollably to the edge of the games map.

Sound like a glitch you’ve heard of before??? Probably- but Dev team do not get discouraged by this!! Even the major companies like Rockstar often times release updates that break old patches they’ve already fixed before.

its unfortunate.. but it defiantly happens :(

That's odd, I've died plenty of times since yesterday and I've had full control of my ghost. No one else in the server had that problem. Could it be a mod problem?

1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

Does Wurt have a voice or instrument? I'm asking because she's silent so far and I'm wondering is using mods is interfering some. 

She's had one for a while now.

Her update rolled in and she didn't but it was fixed shortly after.

It's like, drowning Klei devs and synth.

5 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Does Wurt have a voice or instrument? I'm asking because she's silent so far and I'm wondering is using mods is interfering some. 

Try updating your game / verifying your game files, assuming that you're on Steam.

Archived