Hallowed Nights Has Returned and Wurt has Arrived + much more!

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

So... I find it interesting that event and skin set items can not be traded. Only common type skins.

Is... Is that what's going on? 

I dunno, my friend got a Shadow Willow from a gift and wants to give it to me, but it's not even in their inventory (steam) but they can use it in game. Not sure what that's about.

You could never trade skins on console in the first place.. so this change does not bother me in the slightest bit.

There should have never been a way for other players to make real profit of scamming other players money for skin items anyway. 

Most games with a Trading System has an in-game trading window where both players trading put items in and can view what is on offer before pressing the trade button to accept or decline.

Now having said that- the new patch obviously broke A LOT about the game... like Merms no longer being in Swamps & no longer hostile towards players so they are kinda just out there in the world sleeping in a curled up little ball. 

And.. some items spawning and being placeable I’m areas they shouldn’t.. such as iron ore rocks in forests and grass in the middle of the rock biome.

but both these glitches I hope stay broken (Merms wandering out of Swamps and Items randomly placed across map) The Merm Hostility towards players should obviously be added back in though. :)

All this May already be fixed on PC, but on Xbox One the Merms are my friends now! <3

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

So... I find it interesting that event and skin set items can not be traded. Only common type skins.

Do you mean that you can use only certain skins in the Trade-Inn? If so, then it was always the case since the spool system was introduced, only skins can be used there which are marketable, but the weavable ones not.

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

Do you mean that you can use only certain skins in the Trade-Inn? If so, then it was always the case since the spool system was introduced, only skins can be used there which are marketable, but the weavable ones not.

Yeah, character based skins seem to be unable to be traded for better skins.

Really hoping to get the cauldron before Hallowed Nights ends.

I’m still trying to figure out what exactly the heck the Halloween Candies are good for.. lol I get them for taking useless junk and giving it to the pig king they seem to be FOOD items, but they provide very little in the form of helping you Not Starve..

they have their own carrying bag, which is odd seeing as I have yet to find a use for them, I figured maybe I could put them into a cook pot and craft better quality foods.. but nope! They won’t even go into the pot.. So the next idea I’m going to try is feeding spider gummies to Spiders and Catcoon Candy to Catcoons and see if something special happens.

Next year maybe you could allow players to craft a specific skin item they want by collecting X amount of X type of candies.

(I play Ark Survival Evolved and that’s where the Idea comes from.. in that game you can collect special event items such as Easter Eggs at Easter or Spooky Decorations at Halloween, and once you’ve gathered all the required ingredients to make the item- you can place them all into cook pot and craft the limited time Halloween/Easter exclusive cosmetics you want to unlock.)

I have learned one thing that’s useful- Wigfrid will eat the candies... but it’s pretty much not worth the time or effort to do so Haha.

Speaking of Wigfrid.. I got her Deerclops skin from my loot drop today it is nice!

Shadow Wilson's an odd case; there shouldn't be a weavable version of that skin in game until his rework comes around.

The Trade Inn's a bit different. Highest-level rarity skins (all the not-weavable character skins fall under this I'm pretty sure) can't be traded in the machine. Once you get to the top, it's player-trade, sell, or unravel.

There was a release of a bunch of non-set skins like a few months ago (pinstripe pants, new recolors of the original basic skins, ect), but almost all of the character sets released since the Forge's first run have been Weavable, ie not compatible with the Trade Inn.

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m still trying to figure out what exactly the heck the Halloween Candies are good for.. lol I get them for taking useless junk and giving it to the pig king they seem to be FOOD items, but they provide very little in the form of helping you Not Starve..

I'm pretty sure they are "Just For Fun", though I guess you could amass an extreme quantity of candy and manage to restore your stats in an emergency.

Though at that point, say good-bye to your teeth. :D

On 10/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, PeterA said:
On 10/24/2019 at 9:44 PM, PeterA said:

Just log in, and you should have access to 12 costume theme skins. They'll have a yellow background, and a rarity type "Event (Limited-Time Use)"

I Play on Xbox and I thought there was supposed to be a way to upgrade from the initial mega pack but I don't see it anywhere. 

On 24/10/2019 at 1:33 PM, JoeW said:

That's not all. During Hallowed Nights, we have increased the drop chance of Hallowed Nights items, so be on the look-out for these rare items and snag them all while you can! 

I played all weekend, got 8 weekly gifts, and 8 were common skins, hard to believe,I play on PS4 for years and I only have this time of the event to try to get lucky to get some halloween skin, we no have a market like steam has, it's very complicated.

Not even the daily gifts were anything related to Halloween, nor did my world receive any toys around the world as it happens every year, I waited for this event all year long klei

:wilson_cry:

2 hours ago, Marco BR said:

I played all weekend, got 8 weekly gifts, and 8 were common skins, hard to believe,I play on PS4 for years and I only have this time of the event to try to get lucky to get some halloween skin, we no have a market like steam has, it's very complicated.

Not even the daily gifts were anything related to Halloween, nor did my world receive any toys around the world as it happens every year, I waited for this event all year long klei

:wilson_cry:

This is unfortunate but I do have some good news, you can trade all your non Halloween items at the trade inn and the chances of getting a Halloween item back out are greatly increased.

So I'm at 62,390 points on the Trade Inn game, but I don't seem to have the profile icon because I've always had to quit for some reason or other.  Is there some kind of work-around for this situation coming?  I don't really want to have to get 10,000 points again because, believe it or not, I'm not a big fan of matching games.  Never played any before, couldn't have known before now anyway.

Archived