What can you expect from an Angeline (Warly's Maman) playable Character ?

Bonsoir braves gens !

I know... it's just been a couple of hours that the new animated short released.

But, for real, Warly's past memories left me with a hanging feeling that'll never end, knowing that Angeline is all alone at home, without her son to remind her what live had meaning for in the old times.

So yeah, I have the time, and I want to bring our beloved Maman to the constant (trust me it’ll be fine) but can't do that without asking the community : WHAT could Angeline do ?

Send your opinions, I don't really know for the pros she could have, but I already have some cons ideas that are up for you to discuss with :

- I don't know if the sanity is something really appropriate for Angeline, maybe she could have a very different kind of methods to changes its value up and down, like if down to 0 and low values, she will have this Black and White vision, and maybe her dementia could make her forget prototyped recipes, and some other things (?).

- But in exchange, a high sanity value could give her a greater surviving potencial, maybe cheaper recipes ? I'm really not sure of that, but something useful for teamwork could be nice !

- For the stats, i think a standard 150 150 150/200 works fine for Angeline, since we know that characters don't go especially frail with age, like Wickerbottom or Wagstaff, default with maybe a lower sanity could be fine...

- Warly's recipes and spices could have a twice longer effect on Angeline, but yeah it dosn't seems that the effects are working a long time on the short but... you know ? For gameplay ?

I'll let you now give me ideas for what an Angeline playable Character should looks like, you can ignore my suggested ideas if you have others plans or give mine some adjustments if you like them (seems a bit low tier as far, for sure it's not complete without your help)

For the end I'd like to say that I have a good artist friend to help me making the arts but if anyone would like to work with us it's fine, you know my steam profile anyway... and... I'm french ^^ so I think that it's a good point for the Warly's family that I can do some specific french lines on her speech.

6B37C8C8-6EA1-4D3E-ACAF-1EE35645CFD8.jpeg

Just now, -Variant said:

Not to be morbid or dark I thought this was Klei's way of saying she failed the game's title.

Ya' know... starving...

It's just been 4 years, there's some hope left... maybe she hide an amulet somewhere !? :wilsondisappointed:

For start, she has the same view of Wagstaff in the border of the screen when he don't have his goggle.

She has sanity drop when alone but a little sanity regen near Warly (like a garland maybe) but when she eat a Warly's special dishes, she gain +20 sanity and Warly gains +5 sanity

Also she's a old mommy, she's slower than classic characters when low sanity and normal speed with a good sanity

Sorry for my low tier english x) I hope you will understand 
And it's juste idea, I, maybe, said unbalanced thing

48 minutes ago, ADM said:

But, for real, Warly's past memories left me with a hanging feeling that'll never end, knowing that Angeline is all alone at home, without her son to remind her what live had meaning for in the old times.

Pardon me, but, how do you know her name is Angeline? Did I miss something obvious?

1 hour ago, mathem99 said:

Pardon me, but, how do you know her name is Angeline? Did I miss something obvious?

It's in the animated short description :)

26 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

Didn't she die at the end?

There's nothing to say about it, the short ended when Warly is gone, I don't ask for theories but more to make a good concept to play with

Angeline (DS, DST)

Status

HP: 125
Sanity: 150
Hunger: 150

Perks

• Already at death's door
  • Need a wheelchair
  • Great taste in food
  • Love her son forever

Already at death's door:

Shadow creatures are hostile to Angeline at 50% Sanity instead of 30%. When her Sanity is below 25%, Loomingdusk, a unique kind of shadow creature, will begin to spawn. Loomingdusk resembles the reaper, while having similar behavior to Terrorbeak, 600 HP and a much longer attack range with its scythe. When killed, Loomingdusk drops 1~2 Nightmare Fuels and potentially an Old Memory with 5% chance.

Need a wheelchair:

Outside the road, Angeline moves at 80% speed of other characters.

Great taste in food:

Angeline gets 30% movement speed boost after eating a Crock Pot dish, lasting for 1 minute. (DST only) If the dish is made by other players, the buff lasts double longer. Any dish that restores more than 5 Sanity would restore the same amount of HP for her, besides its normal HP restoration. 

Love her son forever:

Angeline starts with a unique item, Old Necklace. Old Necklace looks like a necklace with a picture of Warly in it. It can be equipped in the torso slot. When equipped, non-boss, non-shadow Mobs would stay neutral unless they're attacked. It takes 3 days of usage for Old Necklace to lost all its durability.

Alternatively, Angeline can use Old Necklace to transform any food ingredient to a random related Crock Pot dish, with a random seasoning effect, at the cost of 15% durability. (DST only) If the dish is given to other players, it transforms back to the original food.

The picture of Warly gradually fades away along with the lost percentage of durability, and at 0% durability, it would drop as a Papyrus. Old Necklace can only be refueled with Old Memory.

Just let her wait patiently. Warly know she's all alone now so I'm sure he have the highest motivation from all others survivors to get out of constant asap and that will happen sooner or later.

Keeping the map explored is difficult for her; places disappear off her map when she hasn't been there in several days. You'd have to either rely on your, the player's, memory or use a lot of map scrolls, like a Wilderness Mode player who dies frequently.

Her sanity cap should be average or above average, because I think that's more of a measurement of emotional stability/ability to tolerate stress than mental reliability. Angeline could have 100-120 health like some characters instead of the default 150; Wickerbottom herself says that she's more spry than she looks in her encumbered quotes (she actually seems to enjoy the exercise), so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for a more infirm elderly character to have a weaker constitution and thus a lower health cap, even though Wagstaff and Woodlegs don't have that problem and Maxwell's health problems probably started when he was young rather than being the result of his age.

Perhaps Warly's spices work twice as effectively on her rather than working for longer? That'd be more in keeping with the short while still being a good perk.

Forgetting prototypes, having Wagstaff-style nearsightedness, and moving slower than everyone else make sense, I don't have much to add to that.

It seems potentially in bad taste to send a frail old woman with a bad case of dementia/Alzheimer's to fight for her very survival and die over and over again in the Constant, but I suppose it's up to the player (and the other players in the server, e.g. Warly and his friends) to help her beat the odds and it doesn't have to end in tragedy if you're good enough at not dying.

Randomly Forgets what her stats are at for a certain period of time, basically blurring the meters out, maybe also during this time she can't craft? like make her... problem in the short make life a bit more mysterious.

She's a kind Lady, I wouldn't mind giving her a sanity aura for characters around her. Maybe also knitting as a feature? Warm Sweaters and that stuffs~

She moves around in a wheelchair with -10% speed but another player can push her to move together with increased speed like riding a beefalo. When she eats Warly's exclusive foods she becomes Mighty Maman.

My impression is that she should be one very fragile character.

• Powerless:

125 health, 150 hunger, 150 sanity.

Slower moving speed, weaker attack.

• Forgetful:

Due to her bad memory, she can't remember recipes, and can't record explored map unless with some paper and pen in her inventory (don't have to consume the items, though.).

She has trouble remembering her status - can't remember if she's been hurt, so her health and sanity (maybe not hunger) get set to full every morning. If she was ghost already the day before, she'll be alive the next morning, as if nothing happens.

• Good things come in pairs:

she gets a "happiness meter", which increases when she does things like picking flowers, staying around friendly animals, eating delicious dishes and being with other characters (especially Warly ), etc.. "Happiness" decreases over time, or, when next to a crafting station, she can consume the meter to improvise craftables without needing any materials. The meter also changes the color she sees.

Just a weird thought, could be very unbalanced. :?

I guess people just need the right motivation/face to make a character with dementia/alzheimer...

Anyway. From the short she seems to be almost catatonic. So making a character out of her would be hard, in concept, and gameplay.

• Stats:
    • Health: 150.
    • Sanity: 120.
    • Hunger: 150.
  • Perks:
    • Negative:
      • Has strong negative dapperness (think DS alone Maxwell, but in reverse).
      • Moves slower than your average character (-5% seems about right). And does less damage (-10%, more than Wendy and Wes, but only because she is also slower).
      • A player or follower death makes her instantly lose 20 sanity. Pigmen and bunnymen's end of contract makes her lose 10 sanity.
      • Has Warly's eating mechanics were she doesn't like regular food, and she gets tired of the same food over and over.
    • Positive:
      • Any crock pot food restores extra sanity (+5 sanity from the base). Eating crock pot food removes her natural negative dapperness for 5 seconds; or 1 minute if seasoned (which only Warly can do).
      • Followers (including critters from the critter den) and players around give her a sanity aura. Amount depends on follower type, were players give almost enough to combat her negative dapperness (it is not enough though), followers like pigmen and bunnymen give slightly less, and pets give the least. They do not stack and only the biggest sanity source available is applied.
      • Immune to the insanity aura of darkness. Monsters still inflict their insanity aura on her s usual.
    • Neutral:
      • Cannot prototype anything beyond science 1 (science machine) so she requires to be near a crafting station. Of course, she will always get sanity as if she is prototyping stuff so it is a way to keep her sanity up.

Completely based on sanity because why not.

I want to work her Alzheimer's into this without getting to grim, since I think it could make an interesting perk and is pretty key to her relationship with Warly. So this is what I came up with:

Whenever she eats a crockpot food she hasn't eaten recently (lets say 5 days), for a limited amount of time (1 day or so) she will be able to craft one random recipe without the required station (excluding ancient and lunar).

I just think it would be pretty funny to see everyone running up to some old grandma trying to get her to craft a dark sword.

3 minutes ago, Raspberry Shake said:

I want to work her Alzheimer's into this without getting to grim, since I think it could make an interesting perk and is pretty key to her relationship with Warly. So this is what I came up with:

Whenever she eats a crockpot food she hasn't eaten recently (lets say 5 days), for a limited amount of time (1 day or so) she will be able to craft one random recipe without the required station (excluding ancient and lunar).

I just think it would be pretty funny to see everyone running up to some old grandma trying to get her to craft a dark sword.

Warly: mom here eat a meatball

mom: *eats a meatball*

mom: *proceeds to become a wizard*

Archived