[Game Update] - 355385

I love ladders replacing walls; it drove me crazy having a dupe destroy the tile; ignore the supply for the build, then have another dupe from across the map with higher priority come supply and build the tile, almost get there and... Bedtime!!! Another dupe starts heading over from the other side of the map.... Meanwhile gas is pouring into my base. This eliminates a whole step as the dupe supplies the needed material BEFORE the deconstruction. Wooo! Thx devs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MeesterButts said:

Same thing happens if you put a wire through a natural tile forgetting they'll dig the tile out and ruining your natural water tanks. We can't expect to have our hands held that much, imo.

I'm sorry you apparently don't misclick as often as I do then.  I regularly end up with a screen full of something when the game has a 'moment' and it paints 42 sieves all over the screen or something else of that nature.  I'm not asking them to go full OSHA, but I'd like some railings at the Grand Canyon monument, please.

• Like 1

While being able to build ladders and tiles over each other directly is very useful, disallowing drywall behind ladders is a serious issue, and there should probably be some failsafes to prevent laddering open areas (I do think it's mostly user error at that point, but maybe just a little box to check with ladders selected to build of whether to overwrite tiles could help).

5 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

I'm sorry you apparently don't misclick as often as I do then.  I regularly end up with a screen full of something when the game has a 'moment' and it paints 42 sieves all over the screen or something else of that nature.  I'm not asking them to go full OSHA, but I'd like some railings at the Grand Canyon monument, please.

I guess it's a difference of playstyles too. I usually alternate between "pause and build", "oversee and prevent stupid deaths", and "think about wtf I'm doing next". Leaves fewer chances for things like that to happen.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

While being able to build ladders and tiles over each other directly is very useful, disallowing drywall behind ladders is a serious issue, and there should probably be some failsafes to prevent laddering open areas (I do think it's mostly user error at that point, but maybe just a little box to check with ladders selected to build of whether to overwrite tiles could help).

Has anybody checked whether ladders are now sealed to space?

Also, shall we have another flame-war on this? Personally, I do not care very much, but the initial reaction indicates an excellent opportunity for one.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Has anybody checked whether ladders are now sealed to space?

Also, shall we have another flame-war on this? Personally, I do not care very much, but the initial reaction indicates an excellent opportunity for one.

It's broken, so are heavy watt wires. As far as building placement it's considered as if it was a tile. So at the moment RIP space rooms.

32 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

What will I do now?

Try to figure out and compile all the unforeseen consequences these bugfixes have (and how to exploit them)? :D

Edited by xialeth
quote and response posted twice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hey folks,

The ladder/drywall conflict was not intended, we're going to roll back this change in tomorrow's hotfix. We'll come back to this one later. Thanks for the speedy feedback! :D 

:applause: Thanks! Appreciate the idea, though - it would be lovely practical sometimes. Maybe even optional, with a Shift-Modifier for "build over stuff", or something like that. Buuut I digress, thanks for the great game - this is so much fun, can't wait for full release & what's left to come! If Invisible Inc. and Don't Starve come to mind, we'll be playing a whole different ONI in a year from now <3 <3

1 minute ago, Gunhaver said:

There only seem to be different options for automatic updates, but none to turn them off. (I currently have the pre-update ONI running...)

5 minutes ago, Earl_of_Earlier said:

:applause: Thanks! Appreciate the idea, though - it would be lovely practical sometimes. Maybe even optional, with a Shift-Modifier for "build over stuff", or something like that. Buuut I digress, thanks for the great game - this is so much fun, can't wait for full release & what's left to come! If Invisible Inc. and Don't Starve come to mind, we'll be playing a whole different ONI in a year from now <3 <3

Just in case you didn't know, there is already a shift modifier to help you build in straight lines! Your idea is still a very good one, however =)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MeesterButts said:

Just in case you didn't know, there is already a shift modifier to help you build in straight lines! Your idea is still a very good one, however =)

Agreed.  That's a wonderful method of helping me (and I assume others like me) from accidentally fat fingering into the LOX tank.