3,700 Sea Stacks is a Few Thousand Too Many In New World Generation

Game Update 354959 brought the ability to break and mine Sea Stacks that generate in a world. What it did not mention was that under new world gen, a ludicrous amount of Sea Stacks is generated (command gave me about 3700+ in a world). I do not know if this is intended or a bug. Whatever, it may be, it currently looks like this:

ew.gif.032626e4707ebe5ed5a77f7cc880196f.gif

Spoiler

20190724230021_1.thumb.jpg.1021b41c088e5457572b20a4eeef243f.jpg

Current generation does not in anyway way encourage sea exploration (old generation was better in my opinion)

• These rocks areas could have been areas filled with Sea Life or something else that would warrant a player exploring the sea instead. (The seas at SW are a lot better than this, even if it's a different theme).
  • The Lunar Island is super easy to spot cause Sea Stacks only really generates in the darker blue parts of the sea, while the Lunar Island is in the Lighter Blue portions of the ocean. 
  • Getting those perfectly explored square maps is now going to be a MASSIVE annoyance with all these uninteresting rocks in the way.
  • Sea Stacks drop 4 rocks, but most if not all of them fall into the sea. Not only that, farming rocks via Sea Stacks is pointless because Avacado Bushes exist.
  • Also, there are zero Antchovies spawners in the world now, and I'm going to blame the Sea Stacks for this.
    • I'd rather the sea be filled with Sea Life and cool set pieces/unique minerals rather than just a bunch of unneeded rocks. 

The ocean which had potential to be one of discovery and exploration is now unfortunately one of where it's just filled with unneeded rocks that do not make the game interesting in any way. I hope it's a bug and not intentional (and if it was, hopefully for a good reason).

Thank you.

...yea uh, rowed around the world earlier checking for islands and...they're everywhere. Was hoping to find some of those barely disconnected grassland/ect islands that I'd run into in the earlier betas but all I got was  R O K K

Almost certainly a bug.

You can't even move around to fight things or do much in situations like this.
This is aimed at the data mined "boss".

Also, I want to note that a huge chunk of the things we datamine are just outright removed or never come into existence...

Antchovies are gone now. This is a tragic day.

8 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Antchovies are gone now. This is a tragic day.

While it's entirely possible they're gone forever I expect them to make a return when the net is officially added. That way they're actually interactable in some fashion. Removes a lot of confusion.

Another game-breaking bug brought with the new update that could have been easily discovered before releasing to public had they at least somewhat bothered to test it out first. Typical Klei.

Please leave your "Confused" reaction on my post, dear fanboys.

10 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Another game-breaking bug brought with the new update that could have been easily discovered before releasing to public had they at least somewhat bothered to test it out first. Typical Klei.

Maybe it's just the tone that I'm reading your message, but it seems really venomous. If I remember correctly, Return of Them isn't actually public. It's in Beta. If you don't want to find bugs, you can wait until it comes out of beta.

1 minute ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Maybe it's just the tone that I'm reading your message, but it seems really venomous. If I remember correctly, Return of Them isn't actually public. It's in Beta. If you don't want to find bugs, you can wait until it comes out of beta.

You know, criticism really sounds venomous sometimes, especially fair one. Something being in beta, especially public beta, doesn't mean it should be as "raw" as closed "pre-alpha" development stage. Normal bugs that take some effort and dedication to be found are somewhat welcome, but such obvious bugs that can be always be run into upon making a new world really reveal lack of attention.

5 hours ago, -Variant said:

I'm waiting for you, animal_hat.

I'm still mad at you over that. 

angerysipp.png.bad7b6ae3b0fc354ce1e206964892fd1.png

3 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Maybe it's just the tone that I'm reading your message, but it seems really venomous.

2 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

You know, criticism really sounds venomous sometimes, especially fair one.

Says the person who literally said previously:

3 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

So yeah...careful you don't cut yourself with that edge, mate.

This is what happens when you say

1. released XXXX

2.released xxxxx

3.released xxxx

They rush to meet dates, this is why game companies never reveals dates. I feel like they just turning out updates to try to make up  groundor prepare for  Warly release date, quality goes down when rushed.

Next time instead of hard dates just say Q1, Mid Q2 etc. target areas.

3 minutes ago, Faultz said:

They rush to meet dates, this is why game companies never reveals dates. I feel like they just turning out updates to try to make up  groundor prepare for  Warly release date, quality goes down when rushed.

Except...Warly's being released on both the Beta and Non-RoT versions of DST...so I don't get what you're getting at here. :wilson_curious:

Bugs happen, that's what we're here for! :wilson_goodjob:

20 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Wait what?

Spoiler
On 5/18/2019 at 8:39 PM, -Variant said:

[screenshot]

So this is a thing in the beta...

On 5/18/2019 at 9:09 PM, watermelen671 said:

...I must now attempt this.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:54 PM, watermelen671 said:

HELP I CAN'T GET THIS ABOMINATION OFF MY HEAD!!!

On 5/18/2019 at 9:55 PM, -Variant said:

Part one of my plan worked.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:58 PM, watermelen671 said:

I deleted it. 

Hide contents

Edit: And then it immediately crashed. I guess that was part two of your plan?

Edit 2: And you've now corrupted my save, which I assume was part three of your plan...

On 5/18/2019 at 10:41 PM, -Variant said:

LMFAO IT WORKED

So yeah...I'm still mad at you over that. :wilson_unimpressed:

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

So yeah...I'm still mad at you over that. :wilson_unimpressed:

OH! THAT! YEAH! 

Spoiler

Yeah no, I totally understand, and your anger is justified in this sense. I apologize, but want to note it's still funny.

Uh... on topic, no more rockies okay? Okay.

I bet they’re gonna have so much fun retrofitting new content into the space between 3700 sea stacks.

(Yes, I am aware that they can and probably will just delete some in the retrofit process, it’s not as if anyone’s gonna miss sea stacks #3650-3700. I’m kidding around.)

Archived