Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

14 hours ago, Karitha said:

Do we have any new Wickerbottom skins?

Not currently. I'm 100% sure there will be at the very least one new Wickerbottom skin once the update goes live.

• Like 6
  • GL Happy 1

I am looking for audio of biome ambiences, especially waterlogged biome during night

Anyone have easy access to it or can guide me how can i extract it from game files?

Btw are the ambiences just one sound or game compiles bunch of different sounds in real time?

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Anyone have easy access to it or can guide me how can i extract it from game files?

For animations follow James Bucket guide here. Make sure your folders do not have any whitespace in them, or else it won't work.

For sounds, follow this post here: 

• Thanks 1

Some stuff was sneaked into the latest patch last night and it's some pretty sick stuff!

Wickerbottoms backstory was silently added in.

image.thumb.png.5dfe37d2d048542083a5cf2519a9460f.png

And skin code has been implemented for the Critter Den, Obelisks, Grave Stones, and Touch Stones and Cave Entrances/Exits!

Incredibly excited personally, these are the 'niche' kind of items/structures I've been wanting to see skins for, especially Obelisks.

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 4

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

Some stuff was sneaked into the latest patch last night and it's some pretty sick stuff!

Wickerbottoms backstory was silently added in.

image.thumb.png.5dfe37d2d048542083a5cf2519a9460f.png

And skin code has been implemented for the Critter Den, Obelisks, Grave Stones, and Touch Stones and Cave Entrances/Exits!

Incredibly excited personally, these are the 'niche' kind of items/structures I've been wanting to see skins for, especially Obelisks.

The entrances to the caves sound interesting to me, but the rest is really niche... I hope they let us make the tombstones at least, maybe even obelisks. It doesn't hurt to dream

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

time to force spawn the trapped pig set piece in every biome

Fool, it means you should base in the Atrium!
I am trying to convince my friend group to have us do an Atrium base in our next world, they're not buying into it.:wilson_cry: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 2

14 hours ago, Hornete said:

Holy shite! Yes I'm most excited about the grave stones (I hope they are super creepy and detailed with dates, names and how they died), touch stones (cause they are ugly and uninteresting) and cave entrance/exits (hellz yes they could be so much cooler than the hole they are)

Thanks Hornete! Great work

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hornete said:

Cave Entrances/Exits!

I hope we get the singleplayer rope entrance (maybe even as a loyal skin) and something that looks more like a crypt entrance than a hole in the ground (I have a cave hole near a graveyard that would look so good as a mausoleum/crypt)

• Like 6
  • Health 2

A lot of files are being updated for optimization and compression sake, though I've been noticing there's a handful of more HD assets.
Having spoke with a dev the updating isn't related to them being HD though it is nice to see some older content like the Forge spears becoming HD.(The item ones, not the skins you can obtain.)
image.thumb.png.979eabef40aa2af57649e66a93fa2b78.pngimage.thumb.png.1baaf602d0e52e83399f6cc2404072d3.png
Also I found this red Teleportato. No idea if its new/old but it looks like it belongs to McDonalds which is funny.image.thumb.png.6851b4bb8ed767af01ddd30f495fef21.png
MickyD.thumb.gif.69f98ab0ecba487de0c671ddf4bc72f7.gif

• Like 8
  • Haha 6
  • Hunger 1
  • Spool 1
  • Potato Cup 1

That's suspicious. I'm thinking the "setting the stage" updates might have something to do with adding forge as some alternative gamemode like what adventure mode was to single-player, as I don't see Klei having forge/gorge be limited run again.

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

7 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

That's suspicious. I'm thinking the "setting the stage" updates might have something to do with adding forge as some alternative gamemode like what adventure mode was to single-player, as I don't see Klei having forge/gorge be limited run again.

I think you're looking too far into it.

It's not unlike of Klei to make these things HD.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sapientis said:

dumb.jpg

5 hours ago, hhh2 said:

gamemode

I'm not one to shut down hype or theorizing but I did want to clarify that it's not unusual of Klei to just randomly update assets out of the blue and not do anything with them.
I'm pretty sure 1 of maybe 2 HD things in the entirety of Gorge is... the Pigeon!

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Who knows. I was just posting them since I think its neat!

• Like 5