Underpowered Weapons, and how to fix them

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

LLdq8-Jessica_Bunny.jpgAll I want is a bunnyears skin.:wilson_ecstatic:

This would add fuel to the bad side of the community, you know what Im talking about.

Spoiler

Also this picture has bunny ears, skimpy clothing, and a whip. I didnt know this side of you existed

Spoiler

owo /s

I kinda like the rabbit earmuffs, they make a good hat for when you forget to prepare for winter. All the other hats need beefalo hair, which can't be gathered in winter due to mating season.

As in idea to make the ruins stuff more useful, maybe we could make a special item that allowed us to carry the pseudoscience station around as an encumbering item, so we could have it at least in  the safer parts of the caves. This way, the late game can have it easier to get, but it would take a long time to move it.

rabbit earmuffs could be easily improved in the following ways, in my opinion:

• Make it a tier 0 science item: anyone can craft it without a science machine. There are tier 0 items to withstand rain and heat, but no item for cold. It is crappy enough for tiny cold insulation, until you get something better.
  • Give it some protection against Bearger's yawn: perhaps at the cost of durability, it could protect you from instantly falling asleep. The same could be made for PVP games, protecting from sleepytime stories and the panflute effects.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:58 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Give it some protection against Bearger's yawn: perhaps at the cost of durability, it could protect you from instantly falling asleep. The same could be made for PVP games, protecting from sleepytime stories and the panflute effects.

players have wanted this for a long time - I think

Healing Salves and Honey Poultices are actually pretty useful for Wendy. They’re easy for her to farm and can be used on Abigail. 

I think the Nightlight would be a lot more useful if it could smoulder and light itself, like in DS. Give it smouldering priority (like lureplants)  and it becomes a later game flingo replacement which costs sanity rather fuel and makes mega-bases more feasible. Plus give it back the ability to be lit with the fire staff for more fun dynamism. 

8 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Useless item I have no idea how to improve, let's brainstorm: Bee mine

Go...

make the recipe not require bees rather honeycomb and the mine has infinite durability but needs to be reloaded after every use by putting bees inside and the bees released by the mine will be grumble bees making them stronger

and you can add more bees to make them have more bees come out the number of bees becomes tripled then the amount you add (means the honey comb is growing more bees)

hows that?

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Useless item I have no idea how to improve, let's brainstorm: Bee mine

Go...

Recipe requires 20 stingers instead of bees and instead of throwing bees it throws stingers in 8 directions every 5 seconds whenever an enemy is nearby, each dealing 10 damage and can hurt the player (but player proximity cannot activate it. In PvP it does activate for player proximity, as long as it is not the player that placed it). It has 20 uses (amount of stingers).

On 5/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, Canis said:

Insulated Pack:
It's an item that requires you to kill a boss monster (that doesn't spawn until 1 full year has passed, mind you) so it doesn't have any real reason to *not* be an upgrade to the normal backpack.
Recommendation: Increase the Insulated Pack's inventory space to match the backpack.

I'd like to keep its inventory, but change the recipe to be:
3 slurper pelt + 3 gears + 3 electrical doodad

and make it to be fireproof.

Make Dark Swords a bit more durable to make them more resource efficient. As it stands, the Ham Bat in my humble opinion is a much more cost effective option, as well as more expendable, form of damage. Plus, its amusing to hit things with a pot roast.

1 hour ago, Mack Swell said:

Make Dark Swords a bit more durable to make them more resource efficient. As it stands, the Ham Bat in my humble opinion is a much more cost effective option, as well as more expendable, form of damage. Plus, its amusing to hit things with a pot roast.

To be fair the ham bat needs a nerf much more than any other weapon needs a buff, either a faster spoilage (so it deals less damage faster), a much harder recipe, durability instead of spoil time or each hit decreases it's spoil time faster, or even a combination of them.

1 hour ago, HSank said:

The game could use some nerfs, mostly nerfs, but not this many buffs. Would make the game way way easier. 

I think some buffs to items that are very rarely used might be good to encourage the use of other items. With the exception of the thulecite club and houndius shootius, many of the items mentioned here are considered bad and are very rarely used, if at all, by both beginner and experienced players; and a few others are extremely niche (night light, night armor, and the healing items).

Healing Salve HP should be increased to 25 and the Ashes needed to make one decreased to 1, since ashes are a very annoying material to get.

Honey Poultice can stay at 30 HP.

Tail o Three Cats should require 1 tentacle spot, but not its durability increased. 

Don't give Night Lights the ability to have food cooked on them, just the increase of duration is good. 

Houndius Shootius shouldn't be buffed just cause Winona has OP catapults. 

Thermal Stone could use a small buff by decreasing the rocks needed to craft it to 8, since it only has 8 uses. 

Also this shouldn't be a thread just about buffs, it should also have nerfs to Ham Bat for example by increasing its cost by 1 pig skin. 

The triple dart craft would probably be fine in pve, but breaks pvp more than it already is.

The bat bat is way too cheap. One bat bat can heal 510 hp. I dont think someone should be able to heal 510 and have a good weapon just because they found 2 living logs, and a couple bats.

The whip honestly just has an issue with crafting recipe. Nothing inherently wrong with the weapon, its just super impractical to craft for what its worth.

Recommendation : add a sword craftable from 2 twigs 2 flint that does 1000000 damage , and acts like the bone armor but it's cooldown is 0.00001 sec.
Buff Every Character so they don't have downsides

------
with that said, i can see where u are coming from, these items are trash, but instead of making them easier to craft, make them essintial in some way, for example : dapper vest can stun lock hounds that attack you for 2 secs, and increase it's crafting cost

Food Items are overpowered, HoneyHam makes it so that if u craft healing items u are basically throwing away resources
- " Why Heal when u can Eat AND Heal "

- " grass tufts and twigs are BORING to collect and farm "
double the harvest, while making the max stack 20 instead of 40 "

- " Kiting ? "
Straight boring, i was browsing YT and saw a video, sponsored by Klei.
and as someone mentioned COMBAT, people overimagined what combat in DST actually is,
make it so that mobs have to " rest " after serveral/one attack,giving time to players to attack.

CAVING, everyone's favorite hobby.

- " caves are slowly and slowly getting predictable, you see this u find that "
maybe changing the biomes of caves around won't hurt.
and, what i think should Really be added in caves is, ( the Curse of them )
the deeper you go in, the more weaker your body becomes, 50% increase to taken damage, ( if u get the reference, i salute you )

FINALLY,
Ruins, all that it takes is 10 hours at least in ruins and you know it like the palm of your hand.
well adding more biomes won't change that by time, Blocking certain areas of the ruins during the nightmare phase would make it more dangerous.
giving monkeys the ability to jump ( 1 - 2 - 3 ) turf tiles in caves in their shadow form will be fatal, But 'FUN'

- " silly monkeys, they are even easier to get away from, especially when u are a demon boi "

Maybe i just wasted 30 mins of my already useless time, or maybe a game dev will actually read this.
and maybe it will make them think, anyways.

have a good one.  :>

On 5/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, CharliGoodman said:

I'd like to keep its inventory, but change the recipe to be:
3 slurper pelt + 3 gears + 3 electrical doodad

and make it to be fireproof.

But this literally makes it even more expensive to make, with about the same benefits it has now. Thats a nerf, to an item that nobody uses due to its high cost and poor niche uses...

If anything it needs a substantial cost decrease and at least 2 more slots. I'm fine with fireproof being added to it.

For a boss item, its way too expensive for very little to no benefit from just staying with a regular backpack. In most pro games or pubs that survive long enough, you will very very rarely see this item being used, most people stick to regular backpacks, piggybacks, or if they are blessed by the rng gods, Krampus sacks.

To compare with other boss items, everyone will want to have and keep an eyebrella at some point, scaled furnaces are almost always used, etc. The bearger fur is probably the least used boss item, and Bearger himself is liked mostly because of his woodcutting capabilities.

Archived