Wes & Balloons

Wes needs more balloons, I think we all agree.
Here are some essentials:

Balloon helmet: built with the balloon stack and costs like a normal balloon.
Wes can wear this helmet-shaped balloon. The helmet has only 1 HP, and breaks on the first stroke.
Absorbs 100% of the damage.

Balloon armor: built with the balloon stack and costs like a normal balloon.
Wes can wear this armor-shaped balloon. The armor has only 1 HP, and breaks on the first stroke.

If Wes wears both the armor and the helmet of balloons at the same time, in case of damage one of the two will break randomly.

Balloon sword: built with the balloon stack and costs like a normal balloon.
Wes can equip this sword in the shape of a balloon.
The sword does 0 damage and explodes when it hits an enemy.
The damage is that of a normal balloon when it explodes, but the enemy remains stunned for 6 seconds.

Balloon beefalo: built with the balloon stack, it costs like 5 normal balloons.
Wes can ride the balloon beefalo as if it were a normal beefalo. No saddle needed, no domestication required.
The balloon beefalo moves at the same speed as a beefalo.
The balloon beefalo flies, so it can overcome ponds, lava ponds, walls, etc.
The balloon beefalo can help carry the statues.
The balloon beefalo has only 1 HP, it explodes if hit by any attack.
Wes takes 0 damage while on the balloon beefalo.
The balloon beefalo explodes when it hits the enemy.
The damage is that of five normal balloons when it explodes, but the enemy remains stunned for 6 seconds.
And yes, the balloon beefalo mimic Wes' animations, like a normal beefalo.
(disturbing, isn't it?)

Here, if Wes had these few, simple tools, I think he would become one of my favorite characters :'D
(I'm serious)

Too OP.

If you can kite enemy, these tools can save from any mistake. But... Maybe when baloon tool explodes it makes Wes stunned  too (and damage him at 5 hp, like normal baloon)? It makes sense, cause with this drawback Wes becomes nice glass support. Also Bosses must have resistance from stun. Maybe... boss can be stunned only one time for 5k HP? For example, Deerclop can be stunned only  one time, and 1st phase Klaus 2 times. I think it could work this way.

This would be really nice !!! Though for it to not be to OP i would raise the balloon cost of each crafting. Plus having the sanity penality that goes with it ( 1 balloon = -5 sanity ).

For the beefaloon ( that pun is gold @Mobbstar ), it would be funnier if it was actually this one

Balloon_shape.png.0ad17f49da72361467891777d6e626f4.png

and that player could ride them for ''x'' amount of second. It would make the principle behind inflating balloon relevant (plus a party could have different colored beefalo !)

Side note : now that i think about it imagine if the pig balloon would fight the spider balloon x) a random fighting animation would occur once in a while when the two balloon are really close of one another.

16 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Im pretty sure this post was inspired by that image xD i've seen this image a few time already

On 6/21/2018 at 2:42 AM, minespatch said:

Yup, if you use the weatherpain too many times, Treeguards will get after you. PArt of the mechanics.

Yup, I got some more I need to tackle, so you're right.

5b2b46b60684e_Wesamonghisballoonbeefalo.thumb.png.c10302b874aa474af7d3b51d3ad60506.png

My attempt at tackling both @JimmyJam and @PanAzej's Balloon weapons concepts.  Wes goes for a Calvary general here. Leading his beefalo to victory.

I drew it last year.:wilson_ecstatic:

On 5/1/2019 at 8:20 AM, MarkStein said:

Too OP.

If you can kite enemy, these tools can save from any mistake. But... Maybe when baloon tool explodes it makes Wes stunned  too (and damage him at 5 hp, like normal baloon)? It makes sense, cause with this drawback Wes becomes nice glass support. Also Bosses must have resistance from stun. Maybe... boss can be stunned only one time for 5k HP? For example, Deerclop can be stunned only  one time, and 1st phase Klaus 2 times. I think it could work this way.

i agree without the balloon beefalo and your suggestions i would LOVE to play wes as a support class

On 5/1/2019 at 3:29 AM, Pop Guy said:

Balloon helmet: built with the balloon stack and costs like a normal balloon.
Wes can wear this helmet-shaped balloon. The helmet has only 1 HP, and breaks on the first stroke.

Balloon armor: built with the balloon stack and costs like a normal balloon.
Wes can wear this armor-shaped balloon. The armor has only 1 HP, and breaks on the first stroke.

It should block all but 5 damage, since popping balloon does that much damage.
Honestly, I like the idea, but even if it were implemented I would prob never use it. 

Balloon sword: built with the balloon stack and costs like a normal balloon.
Wes can equip this sword in the shape of a balloon.
The sword does 0 damage and explodes when it hits an enemy.
The damage is that of a normal balloon when it explodes, but the enemy remains stunned for 6 seconds.

Get rid of the stun for 6 seconds (massively OP)
Instead, something like pushes the enemy back - and both Wes and the enemy should take the damage from the pop.

Balloon beefalo: built with the balloon stack, it costs like 5 normal balloons.

I believe the balloon stack is infinite uses.. so costing '5 balloons' means nothing
This whole thing seems OP.

Other ideas
Lifting Support
Wes should be able to attach one or more Balloons to suspicious marble, allowing survivors to carry them with slightly less reduction in speed.

Balloon Vest
Wearable in the body slot,, pops if wearer takes damage from an attack (dealing 5 damage to wearer, and maybe attacker), while worn a player's walking speed goes up slightly. Spoils over time. - actually this could be combined with the Balloon Armor idea.
-- Also might function as life vest if used in Shipwrecked.

Balloon Pillow / Cuddly Balloon 
Occupies hand/weapon slot - gives slight resistance to sanity drain effects of darkness. pops (dealing damage) if sanity goes too low
If equipped when a character goes to sleep, gives a slight boost to sanity gained from sleeping, but pops when character awakens (dealing damage)

Balloon Mask
Worn on head, can be made to resemble Pig, Spider, or Beefalo - stops the corresponding creature from becoming aggro when seeing the wearer. (for example Webber could wear the pig mask to walk among pigs). Creatures still become aggro if wearer attacks them first. Pops if wearer takes damage from an attack (dealing damage). Spoils over time.
Wearing the wrong one will cause aggro (wearing spider mask around pigs for example)
Possibly require additional ingredients to craft - such as wool, hair, or silk,

Archived