[Game Update] - 324933

• Developer
  • Rocket Piloting ability is now correctly gained from the Rocket Piloting skill
  • Second astronaut skill now called Rocket Navigation and increases the speed of space travel
  • Deconstruct icon shows in the Shipping overlay
  • Fix a crash in the assignment side screen
  • Gassy Moo has it's own voice now
  • Always show progress bar on Geysers once analysis has started
  • Fix issue from trying to load ModLoader.dll multiple times
  • Reinstall mod files if they have been deleted locally
  • Fix a crash if multiple medicines are loaded in a doctor station
  • Booster Pills now decrease the chance of contracting a disease
  • Fix for skill screen experience tooltip miscalculation
  • Fix Suit Checkpoints breaking waterlocks, tiles, etc. that were to the right of them.
  • Duplicants can be rolled with the Allergies trait.
    • Non-allergic duplicants get the "Smelled Flowers" stress bonus if they inhale Floral Scent germs
    • Allergic dupes go in to an allergic sneezing fit if they inhale Floral Scent germs
    • Allergy Medication can be produced at the Apothecary
  • Clarify the messages and buttons on the Mods screen when a rweestart is required
  • Enabling any mod in the mods/dev folder will put the mod system in Dev Mode, making the game more forgiving of mod crashes
  • New Temp Art for the Doctor Station

View full update

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Deconstruct icon shows in the Shipping overlay

Yououuuu :)

6 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Second astronaut skill now called Rocket Navigation and increases the speed of space travel

THAT, is a very good idea !

9 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
    • Non-allergic duplicants get the "Smelled Flowers" stress bonus if they inhale Floral Scent germs
    • Allergic dupes go in to an allergic sneezing fit if they inhale Floral Scent germs

And that, TOO !

12 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Duplicants can be rolled with the Allergies trait.

You just had to rub salt into my already dry eyes, didn't ya?! Just when the season of sneezes started... yeah, I was rolled with that trait, so what!?

Seriously though, not that our pain ain't serious, you might like to consider an additional skill then for diggers if you let those affect space travel.

Namely one could either chose (partially or completely) or flat out increase only the % of rare resources gained from missions.

There are also other possibilities like farmers or ranchers selecting their resources or architect or artists finding artifacts.

This could make it worthwhile to take more than one dupe into space and otherwise increase the depth of choice.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

This is good, but I feel like you could also add an increase to speed when the rocket itself has an excess of uh "blast power" compared to the minimum required to reach a given destination.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Deconstruct icon shows in the Shipping overlay

Nice work, soon my list will be obsolete ;)

But after the mystery of the broken airlock was solved so quickly, here is a new one:

devon.thumb.png.3e82e3411c1c8bb88ae960d24aeda18e.png

Yeah, I messed a bit with the new germ system and saw some strange things inside my water cooler ...

=> So why did "devon" put drugs inside the water cooler ?

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix Suit Checkpoints breaking waterlocks, tiles, etc. that were to the right of them.

I started my base again and thought/hoped it would be fixed.

=> After letting the game run in the background for quite some time, I can confirm that it still happens ...

16 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  •  
    • Allergy Medication can be produced at the Apothecary
  •  

View full update

I hope we can control which meds which dups eat.  Or will our non-allergic dups chomp down all the allergy pills?

Edited by chemie
  • Like 1

Hello,

Here are my feelings on this patch after playing 2 games to cycle 100:

- Skill system: i feel it's ok. Just i feel that now it's way to easy to deal with the dupes morale. The tier system was not that bad to balance that.

You can completely avoid getting better food for a very long time now. Something feels wrong and it's too easy.

-The new immune system:

I feel really annoyed about this system. Especially about slime lung. In the previous system it was possible to avoid slime lung if you dug in slime smartly.

Now it's full random and impossible to avoid. I know that if i dig in the slime biome i will have most of my dupes sick.

The cure to slimelung with its current formula is clearly too hard to get in early mid game, you can't get easily enought balm lily (not enought on the map or too hard to get chlorine to farm it)

- The pills are much more interesting than before but are really annoying to manage, it would be nice to have like the "forever" button a possibility to have a "until you reach X" button. 

In conclusion: there are some ideas but it needs tuning

Few bugs:

- in the skill screen when you have like 10 or more dupes, you can't see their stats properly for the one at the bottom of the list, plse fix that ;).

- Each time i click on the "skill pojnt earned" button on the left of the map it crash (since last QOL3 update)

Edited by Elin64
  • Like 5