Wortox Has Arrived!

5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I wonder if other characters got different ghosts too? Or only Wortox?

Wortox only,
as of now,
and now what I found was pronely,
will be taken over by klei, at a point in time and somehow,
:( 

15 minutes ago, Dalek said:

It’s broken. The abilities aren’t very powerful, the downside is terrible. Looking good, doesn’t work. Bad job.

how is +20 hp per kill not op?

just eat souls and you can teleport

just base with a Webber and kill pigs and spiders and actually sleep then your golden

6 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

how is +20 hp per kill not op?

just eat souls and you can teleport

just base with a Webber and kill pigs and spiders and actually sleep then your golden

I wonder how an Abigail + Wortox(maybe even more) + killer bee field would work out... :D

Just now, reverentsatyr said:

The character is cool, but I honestly like the previous short better. I think the bland colors and no commentary makes more sense in DST. This new short is still nice, but it felt like Dr. Seuss.

they did say that since this was sorta not the story that they'd have it in a different style

so i believe the new style to only be for the new characters

but i do like the ominous dingy looking animations like the Winona one but i also have a liking toward this too in a different light

2 hours ago, _Ellat_ said:

Teleportation distance should be something like half of screen with 1 second delay

When it comes to souls they should heal 20 hp (5 hp instant and 15 hp regeneration like jellybeans)

Right now he can farm a lot of hp just by killing butterflies

I guess wigfrids are mad. :D

GL for the next character.

Gave the boy a go for a while and he's real enjoyable! His heal is pretty powerful and being able to eat souls really balances the whole normal food being worse, you just gotta be on top of your sanity more so then other chars if you eat them a lot.

The teleport is fun but I have accidentally teleported around when using a pitchfork or miss-clicking near a bush. No idea what could remedy that, maybe a hud toggle or a button hold, idk.

Also people are glossing over another downside he has which balances him pretty well: and that's how you have to micromanage your souls during combat especially during hound waves, spider wars or certain bosses because the last thing you want in the middle of combat is to overload on souls and drop them, loosing half of them and taking a hefty sanity hit.

17 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

Gave the boy a go for a while and he's real enjoyable! His heal is pretty powerful and being able to eat souls really balances the whole normal food being worse, you just gotta be on top of your sanity more so then other chars if you eat them a lot.

The teleport is fun but I have accidentally teleported around when using a pitchfork or miss-clicking near a bush. No idea what could remedy that, maybe a hud toggle or a button hold, idk.

Also people are glossing over another downside he has which balances him pretty well: and that's how you have to micromanage your souls during combat especially during hound waves, spider wars or certain bosses because the last thing you want in the middle of combat is to overload on souls and drop them, loosing half of them and taking a hefty sanity hit.

I've been playing him for a bit as well and I agree, he's quite fun! Very powerful perks that warrant a reasonably significant drawback. Looking forward to hearing some other people's opinions after they give him a proper test drive. ^_^

I've just got to winter with him, and I absolutely ADORE him. To me, he feels like one of the most balanced characters in the game-- he's got a fun, quirky, useful power that has a very fair drawback. The tradeoff for his abilities actually pushes me as a player, which is something I haven't felt in a while when playing DS/DST, so it's very refreshing! 

Archived