Wortox Has Arrived!

1 minute ago, reverentsatyr said:

I want to buy the normal wortox chest, but only the wortox deluxe chest is showing up on console! is this a bug or something, because i just want to buy the normal small chest.

6 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

The following bundles are now available on console:

• Wortox Deluxe Chest
  • Voxola Warehouse Chest
  • All Survivors Gladiator Chest

Its written in the original post that only the deluxe chest has been put in the console version.

I really love the sounds for the voice, although I am somewhat disappointed that there is no special animation for soul eating. I was expecting some magic stuff, but he just pops them in his moth like he would with meatballs.

Anyone has the text from Wortox' short? I would like to read it, since english isn't my native and there were many parts or words that I didn't understand even after listening to it multiple times. 

Great video btw, I really like how it rhymes :)

18 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Anyone has the text from Wortox' short? I would like to read it, since english isn't my native and there were many parts or words that I didn't understand even after listening to it multiple times. 

Great video btw, I really like how it rhymes :)

I re-watched it and wrote it down (sorry if this is incorrect! I don't have any official script to go off of)!

Krampus and Wortox traipsed through the woods,

In the hopes to ruin goodness by being no good.

They both schemed with glee bearing grins of a fiend,

Oh you’re right, they’re quite wrong— they meant to be mean.

With their bounty of loot the haul was never enough,

Oh, what fun, to make glum by stealing one’s stuff.

But cruel-hearted fun still requires a heart,

And that’s where our two scoundrels drifted apart.

You see, mischief and malice is a line drawn quite thin,

And Wortox told Krampus: “This is where this one must end.”

Battling one’s nature is a most vicious affair,

But virtue gives vigor so that one might make a good tear!

And though Wortox felt better to have helped on the whole,

His fiendish half was still cursed to ensnare this foul soul.

So be careful what you wish for, a lesson worth mentioned,

For taking that which is not yours, can lead to possession. 

3 hours ago, Mooagain said:

I really love the sounds for the voice, although I am somewhat disappointed that there is no special animation for soul eating. I was expecting some magic stuff, but he just pops them in his moth like he would with meatballs.

I dunno, I think that it's funnier this way. Now I'm picturing him watching TV with a bored expression and popcorn bowl full of souls that he's just snacking on all lazy like. :wilson_smile:

7 hours ago, Dalek said:

It’s broken. The abilities aren’t very powerful, the downside is terrible. Looking good, doesn’t work. Bad job.

Naah. Exactly what was needed. He seems very good as a late game character, when food is plentiful and you are with friend tackling bosses. 

A healer was very much needed why not!

You know, I had plenty of spools. Probably just enough to weave him. But I figured that weaving living beings crosses the line when it comes to magic and I would prefer to enslave pigmen with my horrific music taste. So instead I bought a deluxe chest.

Sometimes I ask myself why the hell am I buying all of those skin sets when I'm barely playing this game, but shortly after my brain mentaly slaps me in the face and says "BECAUSE THESE DEVS ARE AWESOME! DON'T YOU LET THEM DISAPPEAR YOU HEAR ME?! NOW KEEP THROWING THAT MONEY AT THE SCREEN!!!".

Basicaly, I have so much respect towards you Klei that I just want to support you with little to no benefit to me.

This was a beautiful update Klei. I am a happy psammead. I was skeptical that Wortox would be sufficiently differentiated in personality from the other malevolent/deceitful/"dark magic" characters but I was wrong to doubt. What an adorable lil goofball he is. I will be playing him quite a bit.

I love the quotes for the gems, Wortox makes a rhyme for all of them except the orange one.

Also, does anyone know if the half as sustaining trait applies to harmful effects like monster meat?

Speaking of which, does he even take damage from monster meat?

17 hours ago, Dalek said:

It’s broken. The abilities aren’t very powerful, the downside is terrible. Looking good, doesn’t work. Bad job.

Ok, I played in a real session and changed my mind, it’s bloody gorgeous, especially in PvP. His healing abilities are perfect. 

GOOD JOB KLEI

also I love his voice and quotes

15 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

I guess wigfrids are mad. :D

GL for the next character.

He needs a rework he's highly unbalanced in pvp and in survival itself he literally has a god mode when he's with wes becuase he can get 20 hp from a balloon that costs only 5 sanity

I mean what's the point of other characters now?

Wigfrid is useless compared to him

wolf is useless too

In his current state, the thing i like the most is the fact that this is the first character that suits a nomadic style, which is what i've always wanted :wilson_ecstatic:

You literally have food and healing on the go. You only need a small camp to do some grass/twig farming and science stuff and you are good to go. Love it. 

If you think about it, it suits the character very well, seeing that he is some kind of "nor friend nor foe" mischievous type of guy,and seems to be perfectly fine on his own. :wilson_love:

Why is the Char only in the Wortex skin box and not in the other two?
Disappointed me something, because I would like to have the Uncorrupted Skin, but the character is not included there, so I would have to buy a skin-set, which I absolutely don't like :/. A reason for me personally to still wait with the purchase, whether the character is worth it in the end at all for me personally.

2 hours ago, _Ellat_ said:

He needs a rework he's highly unbalanced in pvp and in survival itself he literally has a god mode when he's with wes becuase he can get 20 hp from a balloon that costs only 5 sanity

wolf is useless too

PVP is unbalanced anyways when you can just rush Wickerbottom books and kill everyone in the server. Why try to balance a character based on PVP? That is literally the worst way to balance a character for a game that doesn't focus on PVP

2 hours ago, _Ellat_ said:

wolf is useless too

1. Game's not balanced around PvP; it's balanced around cooperative survival. PvP is too niche to revolve the game around.

2. They said balloons aren't supposed to drop souls and they're working on it.

3. Unlike Wolfgang and Wigfrid he has no perks that directly translate to combat and you can't just go gung-ho like they can because Soul Overload. If anything, his healing makes them even more viable because of added survivability.

4 hours ago, _Ellat_ said:

he's highly unbalanced in pvp ...

Lel. PvP in DST. I admire your wishful thinking lad.

Also PvP in DST: no, thank you! Had enough of screeching 12 years olds spewing profanities in CS or WoT chat for a lifetime of "NO, ty" to PvP insanity :rolleyes:

Archived