On Healing Items (Redux)

I NEED HEALING  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most preferred healing method?

2. 2. What's your most preferred healing method (continued)?

• Honey Ham
    • Jerky
    • Small Jerky
    • Wigfrid's Vamp Ability
    • Koalefant Trunk Steak
    • cooked fruits and veggies
    • the Bat Bat's Vamp Ability
    • petals
    • lichen
    • foliage
    • succulents
    • light bulbs
    • WX Overcharges
    • WX gear upgrades
    • dying and then reviving

Next on my list of questions:

What is your preferred method of healing? Vote up as much answers as you'd like and leave your reasons in the comments!

I had to repost this to include further choices and so as to let everyone vote properly :D sorry about the fuss :( 

I’m a butterfly man. It’s something easy to get ahold of when you’re on long voyages or nomading. 

In winter though, I mostly stick to sleep. Meatballs are easy to get ahold of because of all the ice, so it’s really easy to fill your stomach and sleep the pain away.

When rushing as Wigfrid: Her perk.

When rushing as not Wigfrid: Blue caps.

Earlygame casually: Butterfly Wings

Against most raid bosses casually: Pierogi

Against Bee Queen casually: Dragonpie(If not wigfrid, if wigfrid, Pierogi are used in chester or a nearby ice box, I use the bunnyman method.)

Those are my main healing sources.

Well, there isn't goulash in Don't Starve as far as I know (but I'd totally try making some if there was) but pierogis ARE awesome.  Once you get a birdcage set up, anyway.

I'm kind of like Sinister Fang, though, in that I don't really have a preference--as long as it works, it works.  It also depends on how far along I am, what resources I have access to and just...where I physically am, when I need healing.  Like, if I've got farms set up, and am at base--dragonpies, sure, if available.  If have a birdcage and am at base, pierogis (or bacon and eggs, or...)  If I'm at base and have neither of those but do have drying racks, jerky.  If I have at least one pond near base, froggle bunwiches and, if I've found spiders, fishsticks.

If I'm AWAY from base (and out of whatever I brought with me), however, any and every even _slightly_ healing item within reach is fair game!  Down to and including petals...I'm not proud, but I'll do that.  Although I am careful not to pick ALL the flowers in any small area, so that they can come back.  And I tend to go away on long trips a lot, so...I don't always have my crock pot and farms with me.

At the moment, my latest base ended up in a savannah with a RIDONKULOUS amount of rabbit holes around it...I mean, I didn't turn rabbits up in the world-gen settings or anything, but it's NUTS how many rabbits there are here.  Also, an almost equally ridonkulous amount of grass tufts.  And a lovely, burnable forest right next door.

...I'm guessing I'm gonna be making a lot of small jerky.  Just a hunch...

...Notorious

Archived