[Game Update] - 308684

• Developer
  • Fixed issue where pre-printing and post-death time logs were inaccurate
  • Liquid Fuel Tank background now shows up
  • Report Screen headers are now translatable
  • Airflow Tiles and Mesh Tiles now block gasses and liquids from escaping into space
  • All doors now prevent gasses and liquids from escaping into space (art coming soon!)
  • Gasses render in front of background buildings like Drywall
  • All doors can be walked on top of, in either orientation, open or closed.
  • Hotkeys are explicitly inserted into many strings now instead of appended at the end (for Translators)
  • Puzzle Cube artifact displays properly
  • Conduits placed across multiple Hydroponic Farms should no longer block liquids from flowing down the pipe
  • Emergency priority creates notifications to make it easier to find those Errands
  • Games there were saved while a Care Package was in the process of being printed will no longer crash
  • Fix several cases of Duplicants repeatedly picking up micrograms of ore
  • Duplicants will prefer to run across the tops of ladders rather than climbing across them
  • Bunker Doors should no longer animate while the game is paused
  • Anti Entropy Thermal Nullifier no longer incorrectly gets "Too Cold"
  • Fix a crash when trying to save invalid temperatures
  • Updated artwork for many of the rocket module backgrounds
  • Improved some logging for Errand errors to help us track down bugs

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Nothing on pathfinding?

My pacu farm is stuck in place because of an automated airlock door.

Depending on the particular issue, the "can walk on top of doors" fix may have resolved it. Let me know if it's still broken!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Airflow Tiles and Mesh Tiles now block gasses and liquids from escaping into space

no...

37 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

(art coming soon!)

?

by the by, selecting water in a mesh tile still showed me the Space Exposure warning/red label-tag-description, although it had no effect, you might like to fix that.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, biopon said:

It also highlights when you screw up

You did not screw up, you produced modern art! Now you only need a dramatic backstory or, well... to die young would not net you any benefits, only your exploi... er, art dealer, so strike that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Emergency priority creates notifications to make it easier to find those Errands

Bug or feature:

Emergency priority sweep doesn´t trigger the red alert anymore, but the priority is still set to 300.

=> It´s a bit inconsistent, but I like it.

Emergency priority on storage compactors is still a bit useless:

If I set a compactors to the new priority it will trigger a permenant alert, even if everything is already stored.

So right now it´s only useful if you toggle it manually, but why not use sweep in that case ?

I would love to use the emergency priority to trigger a red alert and store something like bleachstone as soon as possible.

=> A storage compactor set to the emergency priority should just trigger the red alert IF there is something to store

(including the compactor is not full at the moment.)

PS: I hope the following problem will be adressed soon:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/hidden-priorities-for-phobic-duplicants-r17082/

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 1

• Developer
2 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Unlimited AETN cooling or just a bug fix in some case?

The AETN can still get too cold.  It just won't claim to be too cold and stop working when it wasn't actually too cold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Because with the Mk2 we can't anymore overlap Drywall and tile so without that we can't use those tiles in the space.

Ah, so that is what is meant. Then why not write that instead?

Eg., "Corrected an error that allowed gases and liquids inside mesh and air flow tiles to dissipate into space."

Brevity in update notes should be paramount.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Duplicants will prefer to run across the tops of ladders rather than climbing across them

Yes ! Not needing any trick to make them reliably run on top of ladders is actually very, very nice, this used to trigger me quite often. In fact, for scaffoldings lovers and beginners, this is actually a non negligible decrease in dupe running time over the course of a game.

Also, gases rendering looks great, will be certainly amazing with a few tweaks !

Thanks again Klei !

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Duplicants will prefer to run across the tops of ladders rather than climbing across them

View full update

I really like the new foreground effect on gases.  good job

3 hours ago, Mayveena said:

Black screen as if the cursor had moved to a dark area when you come out of jobs menu.

also happens when you click a notification.  its a camera thing.  hit h to return to the printer.  i  have a ticket open.

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fix several cases of Duplicants repeatedly picking up micrograms of ore

View full update

Yeahhh!

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Anti Entropy Thermal Nullifier no longer incorrectly gets "Too Cold"

Could we add a way to empty the H2 inside AETN?my AETN got something like 0.09mcg H2,and i cannot remove it....(tried a few way),or let it consume all h2 when not enough 10g so I can "restart" it from fresh.
I currently limited AETN to 10g per second so that not wasting cool power on H2 fuel...(better insulation on full inside AETN maybe?or an research upgrade)

Edited by badgamer123

8 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Airflow Tiles and Mesh Tiles now block gasses and liquids from escaping into space
  • All doors now prevent gasses and liquids from escaping into space (art coming soon!)

Any reason why this is being done like this? We can easily solve space leakage by having the option to place dry walls behind walls.

Edited by ArunPrasath

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Yes! <3

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • All doors can be walked on top of, in either orientation, open or closed.

Not convinced about this one. I mean, when the door is open, wouldn't it be logical for the dupe to fall down through it?