[Game Update] - 307409

• Developer
  • Bunker Doors now always animate, even if offscreen, to fix automation timing issues
  • Made the "current chore" in the dupe list more prominent
  • Ladders which have been "replaced" can now be used by Dupes
  • Most frozen gasses are now categorized "Liquifiable" and can be stored.
  • Fix word wrap on Vitals screen labels
  • Fix duplicants trying to infinitely fetch to fabrication machines
  • Rocket modules now have a non-interactive "background scaffold" so you know where the rocket goes even when it's in space

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 12

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Bunker Doors now always animate, even if offscreen, to fix automation timing issues
  • Most frozen gasses are now categorized "Liquifiable" and can be stored.

Bunker doors are working wonderfully now, thank you.  Looking forward to sending my frozen CO2 to storage soon as well.

13 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Bunker Doors now always animate, even if offscreen, to fix automation timing issues

Even if the game is paused :confused:

Just loaded my base and I end up with a crash without a specific player interaction.

=> Load a game, wait a minute, look at the report screen ...

15 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:
  • really anticipated fix
  • very sweet QoL improvement
  • swift fix
  • seriously wanted "feature"
  • nice fix
  • awesome fix (I think)
  • beautiful QoL improvement

=>Is this QoL3? #inb4WeDidNotGetWhatever

hahaha

in fact this update should not be called QoL2, but rather FaO (Fix and optimizations)

joking apart xD

18 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Most frozen gasses are now categorized "Liquifiable" and can be stored.

This reminds me... do you consider to overhaul the resource overview? Since, well, late game it does not serve as well as an overview as it should.

While previously there were not as much to list, the list grew quite steadily. Whether it is new seeds, all 'em eggs, high-tech material &c, the pivot-list is not that good anymore.

I'd like to suggest to implement a new button on the upper right which is labeled "Resources" and where one can customize the list to show what one wants and hide what one does not want, including unavailable resources (like most eggs are greyed out most of the time) or summarize them as "Other" (and on hover shows distribution). Presets could also be saved to easily switch overviews

• Like 11

Priority errands could use some further tuning.  For example, I can't figure out which is the Neural Vascillator's errand priority, but storing materials isn't exactly what I want him to wait to use it for, and I don't want to have to re-align all my priorities just to get normal ahead of the line.

5c5c8835842de_NeuralVascillator.thumb.JPG.84923edce86de8b6497be81b0c057271.JPG