Bigfoot

Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

maradyne    3,837
9 hours ago, VexTheHex said:

In terms of Wicker's griefing a spawn... that can be done already with mass spider eggs or a large scale box.

That. People will always find a way to grief; hopefully Klei adds more tools to deal with it rather than messing with characters in an attempt to limit it.

I'm interested in Willow's coming rework too. At first thought it seems like they might need to change how fire actually works for her to be very welcome...but then, there are other approaches, like letting her quickly set her old 'hound fires' from single player on-demand; they'd be useful for Deerclopse (another non-desctuctable light source), not to mention manipulating the AI of mobs giving chase.
Maybe some adjustment to Night Lights could be made, too. There isn't really any worthwhile endgame fire-based content at the moment.

Wes is a whole topic unto himself, haha.

I added links to bypass having those conversations all over again lol. We've long since beaten these topics to death.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Like 2

Naturally, I'm all in for a total reconstruction of Willow's playstyle, but honestly, a grab bag of a dozen fire-relevant perks of questionable worth is not going to save the character. Having to light something on fire every five minutes is annoying unless you really like them healing salves, for instance.

• Like 2

Misa22    316

The only thing i don't like is that some characters were adjusted to be "balanced" in pvp. PVP!! 

I haven't played that mode aside from the first time and then again after 7 months just "for the lolz". 

I hope that, after 3 years, the devs realize that that game mode is "not a thing" for 90% of the game's player base in my opinion and extensive observation, and stop balancing characters around that mode. 

This is probably a very long message to say "BRING GOOD OL' WOODY BACK!" hahahah (even tho i like that log meter in human form thingamabob). 

PD: If you are a PVP hardcore player i am sorry, don't pounce on my neck. This is entirely my opinion. 

Edited by Misa22
Typos

__IvoCZE__    5,886
7 hours ago, Misa22 said:

The only thing i don't like is that some characters were adjusted to be "balanced" in pvp. PVP!! 

I haven't played that mode aside from the first time and then again after 7 months just "for the lolz". 

I hope that, after 3 years, the devs realize that that game mode is "not a thing" for 90% of the game's player base in my opinion and extensive observation, and stop balancing characters around that mode. 

This is probably a very long message to say "BRING GOOD OL' WOODY BACK!" hahahah (even tho i like that log meter in human form thingamabob). 

PD: If you are a PVP hardcore player i am sorry, don't pounce on my neck. This is entirely my opinion. 

well PvP is massively unbalanced because you can STUN people while hitting them... so you would hit them more and more until they die.

• Like 1

Maslak    4,233

As far as I know characters are pretty imbalanced in pvp and I'm pretty sure devs never focused on balancing them this way.

• Like 1

Tapirus    1,662
2 minutes ago, Maslak said:

As far as I know characters are pretty imbalanced in pvp and I'm pretty sure devs never focused on balancing them this way.

This. 

The problem is that the game was not made to be pvp exactly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    58,226
6 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

The problem is that the game was not made to be pvp exactly.

It's like how people keep asking when Oxygen Not Included will be a multiplayer game when it was never intended to be...

• Like 1

Tapirus    1,662
6 hours ago, minespatch said:

It's like how people keep asking when Oxygen Not Included will be a multiplayer game when it was never intended to be...

Yep, same situation with DS originally. Luckily, Klei managed to make a multiplayer, but was necessary make basically "another game" (DST is a standalone game, after all).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Misa22    316
8 hours ago, Maslak said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't Woodie changed so much because of pvp? (I mean Werebeaver was a beast in its former self). 

That, and to avoid griefing i guess. 

But griefing is impossible to stop, you need to play with people you know to avoid it, nerfs won't do anything. 

• Like 2

Maslak    4,233

I don't think it was because of PvP, but I might be wrong. His main upside in PvP is faster attack animation if I remember correctly. I can see how lowering his defense could be nerf for that.

But PvP is way from being balanced as I said. Sleepy Time Stories and especially panflute are broken.

• Like 1

x0VERSUS1y    3,358

Why suddenly people only talk about PvP in DST? This is not a PvP game (thanks God) and should not be organized around PvP. Want to smack your friend or some random newbie in the face? Stick with CS:GO and whatnot.

• Like 4

Tapirus    1,662
40 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Why suddenly people only talk about PvP in DST? This is not a PvP game (thanks God) and should not be organized around PvP. Want to smack your friend or some random newbie in the face? Stick with CS:GO and whatnot.

You know, while some people give good ideas or thoughts, others always complain or just want change everything.

So yeah, it would be a big mistake to convert whole DST (CO-OP & SURVIVAL GAME) into "pvp".

Spoiler

CS:GO is nice, but CS:Source is far better (with all the bugs around him :p)

• Haha 1

Rhobious_Aran    110

While I do generally very much understand the reason to spread the content out and have it keep alive the game over a long period of time. It also means most mods won't work for what, like a year from now on? =/

Mario384    1,050
11 hours ago, Rhobious_Aran said:

While I do generally very much understand the reason to spread the content out and have it keep alive the game over a long period of time. It also means most mods won't work for what, like a year from now on? =/

Mods only break if you change files they rely on.  Changing character files and adding new ones will do very little.

• Like 1

YouKnowWho    7,218

Quick question @JoeW,

With the new survivor planned for release in the coming weeks, will we be getting another silhouette to oggle at? It’d seem a bit strange to nail down a design two and a half months from release, so I was curious.

• Like 1

Fjedjik    122
On 22.1.2019 at 7:59 PM, Bigfoot said:

We are still deciding the final price of these characters, but we currently think they will be $6.99 USD each, which includes a full character skin set.

1 hour ago, SPIDER WARRIOR said:

I have one question: How much will the characters cost in euros?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=6.99+usd+to+eur

• Haha 1

TurtleKitty    1,161
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:51 AM, VexTheHex said:

Also be cool if he could like Boss Balloon schematics when helping kill a boss. So he could make a balloon Deerclops or Toadstool to show off his victories. I think it'd be adorable.

YES! Specialty Balloons! <3 That'd be amazing! Balloons, sculptures, circus food recipes - make Wes a true artistic Mime! 

And yeah, the call for nerfs need to stop. The "Top 3" do not need nerfs. That would ruin their unique playstyle. And to be honest almost every single person calling for the nerfs are not usually playing those characters at all - it's hard not to presume they have ill intent from bias. 

The griefing thing is also infuriating. There will be griefers - they will abuse any and every tactic to harm other players. Nerfing Willow was not a solution, it just made them slightly alter tactics. Nerfing Wickerbottom would stop tentacle trap griefing, but it wouldn't stop them from finding another way to cause chaos - all it would do is take one option from them and rip away a great deal of play from those that use tentacles for mob fights. Same thing for spider traps, Wolfgang's strength, or WX's gear stats. They still win in the end. They still light fires, still pvp slaughter, still set death traps, still grief. And they laugh in sadistic glee that their actions have caused permanent damage to the characters and game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FreyaMaluk    4,952
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

YES! Specialty Balloons! <3 That'd be amazing! Balloons, sculptures, circus food recipes - make Wes a true artistic Mime! 

And yeah, the call for nerfs need to stop. The "Top 3" do not need nerfs. That would ruin their unique playstyle. And to be honest almost every single person calling for the nerfs are not usually playing those characters at all - it's hard not to presume they have ill intent from bias. 

The griefing thing is also infuriating. There will be griefers - they will abuse any and every tactic to harm other players. Nerfing Willow was not a solution, it just made them slightly alter tactics. Nerfing Wickerbottom would stop tentacle trap griefing, but it wouldn't stop them from finding another way to cause chaos - all it would do is take one option from them and rip away a great deal of play from those that use tentacles for mob fights. Same thing for spider traps, Wolfgang's strength, or WX's gear stats. They still win in the end. They still light fires, still pvp slaughter, still set death traps, still grief. And they laugh in sadistic glee that their actions have caused permanent damage to the characters and game. 

I agree. taking as a base for changes to characters in the game the fact that some people enjoy being griefers is simply a bad decision.

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

If that's so, perhaps it would be worth the mentioning to completely scrub them of any downsides at all.

No, really. Sincerely.

For an example, Wicker's insomnia, while normally not a factor in play, is mechanically broken in Winter's Feast. That, and it's weird for her to craft sleep rolls on the spot if she can't be using them.

• Like 1

Chris1448    12,946
4 minutes ago, Starman7408 said:

Does anyone know any information about the new survivor that we will get? Like when we will get them?

Mid-March.