Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

14 hours ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

Welll I'm happy to see new updates, biomes and characters and  I Really appreciate the effort for your hard work until now but i have to ask, will the devs add the "Sliptor". I know this will be too much to ask but please. 

slipster_mating_dance.gif.0ca7ed32ac4edb0267d850cf3c4c3ee7.gif5966c49158b8a_slipstersoapopera.thumb.png.bb41d52e0fde3c64918b0ad757d3a3f0.png

I want him official too.

22 minutes ago, minespatch said:

slipster_mating_dance.gif.0ca7ed32ac4edb0267d850cf3c4c3ee7.gif5966c49158b8a_slipstersoapopera.thumb.png.bb41d52e0fde3c64918b0ad757d3a3f0.png

I want him official too.

I support this theory, Let's see if we get a new puzzle in the new updates which is likely, MAYBE FINALLY WE WILL KNOW WHERE THE SKIN TrADER CAME FROM, NEW CHARACTER MAYBE?

7 hours ago, Omaremad74 said:

Is that seriously all you want? Victorian-esque clothing that is virtual? Sheesh.

These massive updates are also virtual, no need to point it out mr neutron. And it’s not all I want, just one of the main reasons. I’m okay if season 2 doesn’t add much though, or anything, since the gorge is already fun by itself, and they still have to work on the updates.

36 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Will the new characters get gladiator/magmatic/victorian skins?

Victorian Wortox would look interesting.

Probably only if the events return, but it’s likely they would have the skin sets that already exist

On 1/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Bigfoot said:

We are working hard on keeping the console versions of the game up to date. Specifically, we are investing in technology to allow us to more quickly update the game without going through lengthy certification on every small change, and we've also added more staff to work exclusively on updating the console versions.

Does this also mean less lag for the consoles? Whenever I play splitscreen with my brother, we die so much because of the lag, and it becomes unbearable.

Absolutely love the game, though. Thank you so much for the cool new stuff coming up.  :)

1 hour ago, SPAM INC. said:

won't new characters be more powerful and imbalance?

Why would new characters be more powerful than the ones we have? They most likely would be good in their own ways and bad in others just like any other character.

29 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Wormwood is a supposed (atm of this post) unreleased character for Hamlet, "code-diggers" found this image:

Wormwood

This guy would be a great addition to DST, along with Wortox and the rest of future characters.

I am ready to buy some characters. Awesome news - every part of it! Finally those fairly useless events are over and we get actual content.

I hope to every god out there that they finally give Wigfird the x1.5 damage multiplier she deserves! She is already amazing but can't ever go wrong with a bit more amazing. 

1 hour ago, Tapirus said:

This guy would be a great addition to DST, along with Wortox and the rest of future characters.

After Winona's "treatment" frankly am pretty skeptical about both new characters and future re-balance of old ones. Not to mention the lore.. I can see already Wortox for example just popping out of the blue in mentioned Winona-style and.. that's it. Same with rest of them "unimplemented characters" atm of this post: Wilton (that's just a skeleton.. when it dies what is left behind, dust?!), Winnie (aka reverse Wigfrid), Wallace (a weird hybrid between Warbucks and Woodlegs with a run-of-the-mill Dracula vibe to it), and Waverly (if Wickerbottom would be top of her witch class, this one would be the "simpleton" so-to-say of said class) - our discussion in PM. Oh well.. time will tell. Hope I'm wrong in my assumptions.

6 minutes ago, Warplord said:

I hope to every god out there that they finally give Wigfird the x1.5 damage multiplier she deserves! She is already amazing but can't ever go wrong with a bit more amazing. 

Probably she will be nerfed, like Wicker, Wolf and WX most likely will be.

Or maybe the really bad characters like Willow, Winona and Woody will be made useful and everyone will be strong? Why would they nerf the good characters and make them less fun and useful? That sounds like a horrible idea for this kind of game. 

21 minutes ago, Warplord said:

Or maybe the really bad characters like Willow, Winona and Woody will be made useful and everyone will be strong? Why would they nerf the good characters and make them less fun and useful? That sounds like a horrible idea for this kind of game. 

Indeed I too consider nerfs in DST context a horrid idea. But have you read the constant nagging-posts and threads of a very small but vocal minority on these forums advocating strict mechanical balance for all characters and whatnot? That's what it's about. And I do believe Klei now tends to lean into said vocal minority's direction.

For me DST is purely a fun cartoonish insane adventure akin to Goat Simulator regarding how exploits and glitches are and should be treated - as hilarious game mechanics; not quite at the level of Goat Simulator, yet you get my drift. Personally I find rigorous mechanical balance boring. But hey, each with their own expectations from DST :)

Archived