Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

2 hours ago, AlienMagi said:

Also can we please get an option to let players see eachother in the map without having to use a mod like global positions?

Compass maybe?

Rendering players - more so if in high numbers - on map all the time is taxing on server/PC performance. Not to mention the problems with griefers. Still can be made available as an adjacent option in menu on world generation or-the-like.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

What makes you say that? We know literally nothing about how she's going to be reworked.

Have you ever head of the term "flavor of the month"? That's what Winona is going to be come march, and then the same will happen with the next character that gets refreshed.

4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Have you ever head of the term "flavor of the month"? That's what Winona is going to be come march, and then the same will happen with the next character that gets refreshed.

Mm, I certainly hope. I really want to like Winona. She's got potential in a game like this.

Hey guys, I was wandering around the Don't Starve Wiki, when I found something that could kinda be interesting.

5c5f60c24087e_NewCanvas.thumb.png.4fab7219d5d0aa9090441eb57b39c133.png

It seems Wortox has some hair where he didn't before. Almost like a sort of mane or weird goatee. I heard demon puberty does that sort of thing.

It's possible that Wortox might be getting a little bit of a redesign. Probably not one as drastic as our friend Wormwood,  just based on general head-shape alone, but something's definitely might be changing.

Oh, and can you guys believe they're making three faded mystery bald guys? Klei's totally run out of ideas, amirite?

dumb joke sorry :C

7 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

Hey guys, I was wandering around the Don't Starve Wiki, when I found something that could kinda be interesting.

It seems Wortox has some hair where he didn't before. Almost like a sort of mane or weird goatee. I heard demon puberty does that sort of thing.

It's possible that Wortox might be getting a little bit of a redesign. Probably not one as drastic as our friend Wormwood,  just based on general head-shape alone, but something's definitely might be changing.

Oh, and can you guys believe they're making three faded mystery bald guys? Klei's totally run out of ideas, amirite?

max.png

Now that Warbucks is removed from singleplayer can we have him as one of the four upcoming DLC characters? I'm almost certain that he'd make better sales than any character that wasn't introduced to the DS universe before. 

On 2/9/2019 at 4:13 AM, AlienMagi said:

Also can we please get an option to let players see eachother in the map without having to use a mod like global positions?

Have you, perhaps, Compass?

11 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Or maybe it is clothes? Part of a shirt.

I thought when he was previously shown off that he might be related to Krampi.

You know...if the Metheus mural drawings of skeletons were any indication of the possibility that the bones that form the Fuelweaver's basic Odd skeleton were related in some way to Klaus (and by extension Krampi)...
...I'm suddenly a lot more interested in Wortox.

14 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

I thought when he was previously shown off that he might be related to Krampi.

You know...if the Metheus mural drawings of skeletons were any indication of the possibility that the bones that form the Fuelweaver's basic Odd skeleton were related in some way to Klaus (and by extension Krampi)...
...I'm suddenly a lot more interested in Wortox.

You mean, the Krampi as product of: Years of experiments with nightmare fuel on diverse living beings (or combination of bones), made by the Ancients?

Sounds very interesting, to be honest.

10 hours ago, Tapirus said:

You mean, the Krampi as product of: Years of experiments with nightmare fuel on diverse living beings (or combination of bones), made by the Ancients?

tumblr_mnokqmaUVG1rjm0t8o2_1280.jpg

The concept art shows different body types. Krampus might be a future species in the future.

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

tumblr_mnokqmaUVG1rjm0t8o2_1280.jpg

The concept art shows different body types. Krampus might be a future species in the future.

Ah yeah, I remember those concepts art, they're nice.

Krampus as specie could be a possible addition to the game, since we have a bigger version (Klaus) already.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Kavu said:

max.png

I thought of this comparison too, but it occurred to me today that it's entirely possible for Wortox to get a whole color change. That could help differentiate him from this skin.

I'm happy it looks like he will be fluffier, and more cuddly. Always good traits. Personally, I never saw the Krampus connection wrt Wortox. They have totally different noses and horn shapes. But it would be interesting to see a playable Krampus, not gonna lie.

Something I'm really looking forward to is finding out what Wortox's instrument will be for his voice. He was one of the few unimplemented characters to not have sound files.

5 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

I thought of this comparison too, but it occurred to me today that it's entirely possible for Wortox to get a whole color change. That could help differentiate him from this skin.

I'm happy it looks like he will be fluffier, and more cuddly. Always good traits. Personally, I never saw the Krampus connection wrt Wortox. They have totally different noses and horn shapes. But it would be interesting to see a playable Krampus, not gonna lie.

Something I'm really looking forward to is finding out what Wortox's instrument will be for his voice. He was one of the few unimplemented characters to not have sound files.

sdsd.jpg

23 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I thought he already was, seeing as there was Santa Claws, unless he's not considered a Krampus?

Yes, but I think he means that now it will be more common to see Krampus's species as part of the Constant, than something "special".

Also, yes, Klaus is basically a bigger krampus (who calls the small ones to fight you when he needs help).

27 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Yes, but I think he means that now it will be more common to see Krampus's species as part of the Constant than something "special".

I consider Klaus a boss than a normal krampus. Something must've gotten really angry at Klaus that they stitched his eyes and made him a stomach mouth. So more krampii would be nice to see.

Also, Klaus seems to be a no-eye-deer guardian.

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

I consider Klaus a boss than a normal krampus. Something must've gotten really angry at Klaus that they stitched his eyes and made him a stomach mouth. So more krampii would be nice to see.

Spoiler

1449159419_photoskrampusundnikolas.thumb.jpg.a15a796713c9f8c9755c07de29cc8019.jpg

Both creatures are related to christmas. Santa Claus & Krampus usually travel togheter, in some versions.

Klaus spawns several krampus when have 50% (or less) health and they keep close to him (like the hounds with Varg).

He "protects" the deers not because they're friends, it's because its his livestock of slaves. The characters notices this, and express horror when examines Klaus:

-"I shall free thy deers this day!" (Wigfrid)

-"That meanie imprisoned those deer!" (Webber)

-"Get out of here ya big creep!" (Winona)

And the Gem Deers:

-"It's being controlled by that beast!" (Wilson)

-"Some chains are physical..." (Wendy) 

-"The poor creature has been forcibly fused to a magic gem..." (Wickerbottom)

-"That ain't natural." (Woodie)

Spoiler

5c6103d229bbe_Klauslaughs.thumb.png.f4edcf684feb1f5d6bf27e499e470e68.png

¿And what kind of "answer" gives Klaus to the survivors? Laughs.

On 11.2.2019 at 4:56 AM, minespatch said:

I thought Klaus is a chimera of a No-eyed-deer and a krampus

Archived