Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

2 minutes ago, 690486_1452792435 said:

which character is getting a refresh this month? 

Posted in the Wortox release thread:

On 3/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, Bigfoot said:

Upcoming
At the end of April we are planning to release the first major game update. This first update will be focused on laying the groundwork for more content. 

In addition, the next character to be refreshed will be Willow, launching at the same time as the game update.

1 hour ago, areallybadname said:

When will the Gorge be back?

Bigfoot addressed this in the op:

On 1/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, Bigfoot said:

While we enjoyed the events and are happy with the result, there were some drawbacks: 

• They took WAY longer to make than we expected, so we weren’t able to make as much content as we wanted, and it left little time to do things like bug fixes and Quality of Life updates for the base game.
  • Because we run the servers for these events, we also incurred the cost of these servers. Those of you who have been here a while know that Don’t Starve was not architected to be a multiplayer game, so running them on our servers was extremely inefficient. In short, even though we loved that everyone came to play, the item sales were only barely covering the costs of the servers.
  • We found that it was exceedingly difficult for us to run these events on console and as such underserved our console players.

It has been a valuable experience and we think the game is better for it, however we feel that it’s time that we turn our attention back to the core Don’t Starve Together experience: surviving together. 

Bolded last sentence for emphasis. They are focusing on permanent content for the time being.

21 hours ago, DoktorEnd said:

How about don't starve single player...

lonely kid ile ilgili görsel sonucu

You're getting a brand new base game character, and the full release of the Hamlet DLC this month, what are you talking about? This roadmap is for Don't Starve Together, of course there won't be a mention of singleplayer here.

The roadmap you're looking for is here: 

3 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

You're getting a brand new base game character, and the full release of the Hamlet DLC this month, what are you talking about? This roadmap is for Don't Starve Together, of course there won't be a mention of singleplayer here.

The roadmap you're looking for is here: 

I talk about reign of giant

1 hour ago, DoktorEnd said:

New reign was a great update for survival dst. But none of these update shared to rog. Also, don't starve together have not real 1 player mode and because of that I play with tons of lags and pings.

Why not ask in DS forums instead? This is for DST.
You can set player count to singleplayer if you want in DST.
ROG isn't going to get any updates, it's done and old.
Hamlet is being released and is getting a new character soon, and base Don't Starve without DLCs is also getting a new character soon.

On 05/04/2019 at 5:17 PM, DoktorEnd said:

New reign was a great update for survival dst. But none of these update shared to rog. Also, don't starve together have not real 1 player mode and because of that I play with tons of lags and pings.

you can play offline with negligible (probably 0 but im not sure) latency. also as someone pointed out in another thread, DST is the sequel to DS and as a more recent and online game, its in all of its rights to get more updates and support than the older, offline predecessor... or thats how some of us see it at least

On 4/8/2019 at 7:23 AM, Datanon said:

you can play offline with negligible (probably 0 but im not sure) latency. also as someone pointed out in another thread, DST is the sequel to DS and as a more recent and online game, its in all of its rights to get more updates and support than the older, offline predecessor... or thats how some of us see it at least

With caves running at the same time it can get pretty...uh, not optimal. Like, noticeable action delays and world crashing constantly after day 11 levels of not optimal.

This can be pretty helpful for getting it working if you've got a multi-core setup, but regardless, personal servers are pretty rough for those of us with low-end equipment. Could certainly use some optimization.

On 2019-04-09 at 11:38 AM, lifetheuniverse said:

With caves running at the same time it can get pretty...uh, not optimal. Like, noticeable action delays and world crashing constantly after day 11 levels of not optimal.

This can be pretty helpful for getting it working if you've got a multi-core setup, but regardless, personal servers are pretty rough for those of us with low-end equipment. Could certainly use some optimization.

Honestly Klei should come up with a "caves only" thing so listen servers can host it no problem. It's overdue at this point especially when there's a unused florid postern.

1 hour ago, Hell-met said:

Honestly Klei should come up with a "caves only" thing so listen servers can host it no problem. It's overdue at this point especially when there's a unused florid postern.

return {

preset = "#"

#- "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER", "MOD_MISSING", "SURVIVAL_TOGETHER_CLASSIC", "SURVIVAL_DEFAULT_PLUS", "COMPLETE_DARKNESS", "DST_CAVE", "DST_CAVE_PLUS"

}

From these above - variants for world presets - we can see Klei already included, at least in conceptual "back-end" form, a lot more variations. Don't know exactly what each of them imply (have tested just "DST_CAVE" myself - spawning in a pretty standard, default-values cave) but imo they should exist as options at in-game UI level.

5 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

So.... any news about the Willow refresh? :D

They should do something about willow. Willow is so uselles character. I didn't take damage more than 2 from burning and I'm playing game for years. Woodie is bad too. You can handle wood problem with all of characters and cutting trees is not very big problem to me. That two character must be change. And they should add new challanges and new systems. Like automation of sources (Mining macchine, drones etc.)

Just now, DoktorEnd said:

They should do something about willow. Willow is so uselles character. I didn't take damage more than 2 from burning and I'm playing game for years. Woodie is bad too. You can handle wood problem with all of characters and cutting trees is not very big problem to me. That two character must be change. And they should add new challanges and new systems. Like automation of sources (Mining macchine, drones etc.)

They said that Willow is the next character being reworked.

Archived