Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

Curious about how skins will be handled; for instance, Triumphant and such.
They're being made weavable, and it's even mentioned that the current marketable ones will be changed so that they can be broken down into spools, with the new weavable ones being lesser variants...
But with the current skins also being able to break down into spools...
Does that mean that they'll no longer be marketable?
Will the skins still drop?
Will they be all marketable, weavable, and droppable at the same time?
Personally, I'd love that last possibility. The current skin system was a good experiment, but it's flawed; burn it down and build it back up.

5 minutes ago, Maslak said:

I thought that skins you mentioned will be purchasable for a limited time, skins for Winona during 'her update time' and then it will switch to next character. Are you sure about the weave thing?

On 1/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Bigfoot said:

These character refreshes will again be free to all players, and we will be selling new skins for these characters on the month they are refreshed. 

In addition, the Triumphant, Guest of Honor and Survivor skin packs will be available to purchase for the character on that date. All owners of these skins prior to that date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with a higher unraveling value.

It's a bit unclear, but I take this to mean that the skins will be brought into the system currently used by 'event' skins. They're at least being made unweavable. Question being, if they'll still be tradable or not, and if the new post-Heirloom variant will be tradable at all.

Hey, @Jason, will any of this content be coming to single player DS in the future? I don't really think it's fair that the original DS cast is getting reworked in DST but not DS. Not to mention the fact that A CERTAIN NEW CHARACTER you mentioned was originally planned for normal DS. Just saying.

3 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Hey, @Jason, will any of this content be coming to single player DS in the future? I don't really think it's fair that the original DS cast is getting reworked in DST but not DS. Not to mention the fact that A CERTAIN NEW CHARACTER you mentioned was originally planned for normal DS. Just saying.

I have to agree with him. It's needed in ds.

Not now obviously as the team is probably drowning in work right now, but it should be definitelly on their to-do list.

Just a reminder that Willow can still end a run by being low on sanity.

16 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

It's a bit unclear, but I take this to mean that the skins will be brought into the system currently used by 'event' skins. They're at least being made unweavable. Question being, if they'll still be tradable or not, and if the new post-Heirloom variant will be tradable at all.

Yeah, I have the same question. Heirloom Skins will be tradeable or not? I dont think anyone will weave it due to its rarity.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, Bigfoot said:

Survivors will be able to travel to new lands with new biomes, creatures, and more.

I super excited for these updates. I'm surprised (but thankful) that mostly everything is free. Though I'm glad you're charging for the new characters. You need to make an income somehow. I'll gladly buy them.

I had a question about the quote above. Will long term dedicated games receive these updates? For example, I know a few people that have servers that are well past 1000 days. I'm wondering how much of this new content will be pushed into existing games. Or will we have to start completely over if we want the new features? 

Will console be able to buy the skins and/ or skin packs when it comes to character re-works or events? Because currently there’s nothing and it seems like a good way for Klei to make money since console has never been able to buy anything when it comes to skins

Archived