Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I don't think people have mentioned not only was Hamlet given away but so was Hot Lava to beta players. So DSt being popular is what will really help Klei fund their employees for their projects. Also hyped for Griftlands and whatever @AnimatedErica is planning.:wilson_smile:

Klei really has big plans for both single and DST. Can't believe both games are having a year of the pig event. Can't wait for the game to have Green Tea.

still waiting for the Día de los muertos event... one can dream 

23 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:
2 hours ago, xMEINEx said:

So then there's no point continuing my world? And every update will also have me make a new world? Guess megabasing is pointless now. That's a bummer. 

I wouldn't say that. It hurts a little bit now because it's about to happen and we're still engaged in our current world. If you were around for the Antlion update you remember that choice between the Oasis or your current world. Eventually we all moved over and came to love our new worlds even more than the last. I suspect the same feelings will emerge this go around but the end result will be worth it. And in 2 more years we'll do it all over again.

Well, I'd say that I'm somewhere in the middle. I will for sure continue my old world, no matter how the new content will (not) be retrofitted. I have many nice memories in that - stuff from every event, skeletons from throughout my learning phase, heck I even have a divining rod (original, hand made, from the times it was still in DST!). 

I didn't move my base when the oasis appeared and I wouldn't do so even if all the biomes would be retrofitted. There are people who simply like to keep their bases. But I also wouldn't say that there's no point continuing my world (well, at least for me) - if there will be no way to have the new biomes there, I'll have two worlds. 

In addition, the Triumphant, Guest of Honor and Survivor skin packs will be available to purchase for the character on that date. All owners of these skins prior to that date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with a higher unraveling value

so, my already owned triumphant skin will looks like "new" triumphant, but will called as “Heirloom” ?

it will become untradable or i ll earn 2nd same skin with another name but looks same?

wait a sec, someone who will have some skins during "update" will earn something for free? i need more friends who will rent me that skins for that moment, or bue all market before update and earn free stuff

i dont get it

When you say you're making the characters more unique, please make sure every character actually does have a place. The latest character added was winona, and no one really knows why she was added. She has nothing to bring to the table considering the sewing kit is already an item in the game. Also, revamping all character abilities may not be a good idea. Many characters are already in a very good spot. the vast majority of complaints are about winona/willow/woody being outclassed, or not having a specific use.

1 minute ago, Bird Up said:

When you say you're making the characters more unique, please make sure every character actually does have a place. The latest character added was winona, and no one really knows why she was added. She has nothing to bring to the table considering the sewing kit is already an item in the game. Also, revamping all character abilities may not be a good idea. Many characters are already in a very good spot. the vast majority of complaints are about winona/willow/woody being outclassed, or not having a specific use.

the devs mentioned in reddit that their focus is not to nerf but to give a unique experience with each character..

Wow, DST is going to change a lot this year. Can I request? I wouldn't ask if you hadn't decided to change the characters. Just these changes should greatly change the game, and it's good, but I want the Vanilla mode. When you create a server you can leave the generation as it is now and most importantly with the former abilities of the characters. It's strange, I always want something new, but seeing your list of innovations, after "wow", I thought about it.

43 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Upgrade means that your "elegant" item will be "heirloom", but other than that you'll have the exact same item (and only one, you don't get anything more)

every characrer have a lot of elegant heads, so every type of head will give me xtra skin?

2 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

every characrer have a lot of elegant heads, so every type of head will give me xtra skin?

23 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

In addition, the Triumphant, Guest of Honor and Survivor skin packs will be available to purchase for the character on that date. All owners of these skins prior to that date will be upgraded to an “Heirloom” rarity, with a higher unraveling value.

As Bigfoot said, it affects only the three original sets. And as I said in my previous comment, you won't get anything, but your already owned item will be replaced. And I assume not only the head but the clothing items of those skins too.

2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

As Bigfoot said, it affects only the three original sets. And as I said in my previous comment, you won't get anything, but your already owned item will be replaced. And I assume not only the head but the clothing items of those skins too.

so, old skins will be just renamed

and new same skins will be on store? (not tradable)

25 minutes ago, xMEINEx said:

So does that also mean the triumphant and two other sets will no longer be obtainable through drop?

You'll be able to obtain them in *elegant* quality, like it is now. You won't be able to obtain them in *heirloom* quality... Like it is now. Nothing will change besides your already owned GoH/TriumphantSurvivor changing quality from *elegant* to *heirloom* while visually they stay identic.

Wonderful news, looking forward to it! I'll be more than happy to pay some money for new characters. Any word on having a one-time purchase 2019 character pack, that gives you all the goodies as they come out? I definitely plan on purchasing all of them, and it would be lovely to get even a small discount for getting all four. 

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

About modded characters. 

Most modders are aware that they are in kind of weird territory when they mod in unimplemented characters or characters that exist in DS and not DST. 

Right now, I don't expect to take them down as long as they stay what they are. However, if they try to make their version the same as ours or implement skins that we make for them we'll probably have an issue. 

So if someone were to make a mod that copies the character from DST to DS, with the same exact perks and everything except for one slight change, you guys would clearly not be ok with that right? Same version = the way the character works in DST?

5 minutes ago, Harmonic said:

So if someone were to make a mod that copies the character from DST to DS, with the same exact perks and everything except for one slight change, you guys would clearly not be ok with that right? Same version = the way the character works in DST?

They seem fine with the Shipwreckt and Hamlet characters on the workshop So the other way around shouldn't be much different

This is great news, I literally couldn't stop smiling like an idiot when I saw. Thank you Klei for listening to the community, all the content, but more importantly having the patience and care to not announce things just for the hype or sake of inflating yourselves. You don't see that from a lot of devs anymore. 

Of course the 'paying for characters' is a big red flag. I'm not against it all, I trust you will make it worth our money and find a way to make it fair and accessible to all. Just a word of warning that is probably overplayed, don't go down that road that so many other game developers do. People like your games because you stay true to them and you create an amazing environment to explore. I'm only one guy to tell you what to do, but I guess don't forget why we love you so much.

Anyways, super excited. I can't wait. Exams have been getting me down lately, but this has been a huge pick-me-up. Thanks so much.

6 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Joe replied on the subreddit that to get the new biomes and some of the new content we will have to generate a new world. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG

That blows to hear that... i mean i do like to start things over and create awesome megabase dont get me wrong, but the fact that i wont be able to keep my shrine from Year of the varg/gobbler, halloween mad science station and my winter feast trees collection if i wanna access new content makes me sad :( i was proud to be there when the events where there and i wont be able to have a world with everything in it D: ...

None the less, im still very hype to see that new content is on the way and I cant wait to see what Klei has in store for us. Keep up the good work you guys !

~Your friendly neighborhood mime

Archived