About the upcoming update

So as we saw in the past klei listens to community and they add stuff that we want and as i see the most popular topic is character rebalanc so they will probably do it some time,maybe the next big update.They also said they will add permanent stuff to dst cuz thats what the community wants which is great.

I have 2 questions:

1)Is rebalanc of characters the most important thing to u?I think it owuld be rly cool to see cuz we can all get a new experience with characters we played for hours(they probably wont complitly change characters ,maybe a buff or nerf here and there,but still cool),or somebody can play wilow without troling.

2)For the people that played when a new region was being added i have a question:Do they add all stuff at once or small updates cuz i saw some posters of new region update and every one has some new stuff on them.And do thing get added to existing world or u need to create a new one (that would rly suck)

P.S

Sorry for English 

1) Personally don't really care about character re-balance. Indeed 3-4 characters (I debatably consider only 2 of them) can do more than the rest per time unit, would be nice if buffs could be added but in the end this is not a competitive game, more of a fun do-whatever-you-want one.

2) New updates for A New Reign were added progressively in small chunks; so maybe what follows will be keeping same pattern - small updates. And yes, retro-fitting was a thing, thus old worlds getting new content as well.

Don't care about character rebalance. 

I mean let's be honest here: character perks depand on their personality and whatever. 

For example Willow- she likes fire so her perks are related to fire. And since fire plays no crucial role in dst her perks are also really useless. So for Klei to make her a "good character" they'd have to either completely change her as a character (which is not hapenning) or think really hard of a way to make her fire-related perks actually usefull and also not destructive

On character rebalancing, I think it's more a matter of make-a-couple-of-characters-more-interesting-ing. For example, everybody likes WIlson. I know I do. He looks cool, you probably hold some nostalgia for him, and he's the protagonist of the game. But you don't really see anyone playing him, do you?

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Who are you and what did you do with the real Lakurius?

Lakurius Has been posessed by the demon reducing his hasitation long ago, but it seems like the real Lakurius has at least temporarily taken control over the body.

Spoiler

Or his patience got exhausted and his inner fire has been extinguished.

By the way, some real content behind the gateway in atrium.

Happy new Year everyone!

They would add more things to distungish DST from the single player game, bind players and drive the story further. They also did a good job adding features into existing worlds. However it doesn't seem they have a finished roadmap.

I think that the devs probably won't alter most things. They'll probably stick to just adding tons more stuff and not touch the old stuff, which is quite fine, as long as the old stuff works fine. And most of the time it does. 

So, 

1) I'm not for character rebalancing. Most people just say "Oh, Willow is a bad character. I'll never play her. Woodie is a bad character, I won't play him." But if you actually take the time to play the less notable characters of the game, you realize that they might not be that good, but they're quite fun to play nevertheless. Like any good DST character, they alter your playstyle and give your game a bit of a twist. I would definitely recommend you play some lesser played characters every once and a while. 

2) I am hopeful that they continue their old update strings they did back in ANR. It stretched out just enough content over a long period of time and kept us quite content with what they added. I am also quite sure they will do this again in the new game updates they are adding.

Also, new content doesn't require to play a certain character to see it! And new content would also be fun for us vets who have been playing for thousands of hours on end and want to see some new things to do.

I would hope for just more content overall. I think focusing on changing current stuff might alter too many things however I am open to anything. DST is a great game I hope that whatever they choose to bring to the game just continues to extend the game play maybe something after the fuel weaver. One idea that I really liked was after killing the fuel weaver you had a choice to enter the gorge arena or the forge arena. Only once and if you died you fall back into the regular world forced to kill the fuel weaver again to get back to the arenas. I think this would make killing the fuel weaver especially with a group of 4. This might be a bit too out there but just thought it would be a cool idea. However I am sure whatever klei has in store for us is going to be epic they always amaze us with their ideas. 

I for one would like some character rebalance. Mostly for Woodie (relatively fun, sadly very annoying to play), Wes (a challenge character makes sense in Don't Starve, but not so much in Don't Starve "Together"), and Winona (too bland...). I would also love to see some items and weapons re-balance; would be nice to see ranged weapons to see some love (as of right now, only Wickerbottom can use blow darts semi-effectively thanks mostly to her books), crockpot recipes looked at (add a recipe book too to keep track of them).

New content is good as long as it fills a "niche" (niche here is very broad). There is no need to add a new insulating hat when we already have cat cap, earmuffs, winter hat, and beefalo hat. Of course, a helmet that also gives some insulation would fill a different "niche" and would be interesting to see.

On 30/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, Raspberry Milk said:

But you don't really see anyone playing him, do you?

Well, sometimes I play Wilson in some public server when I want a "more relaxed" gameplay, spending time in helping others and answer some questions to new players (also making some meat effigies, becuase some ones don´t have amulets and dies while learn). By some reason, new players are more open to ask you for some help when you´re Wilson. 

On 12/30/2018 at 1:31 PM, Szczuku said:

Don't care about character rebalance. 

I mean let's be honest here: character perks depand on their personality and whatever. 

For example Willow- she likes fire so her perks are related to fire. And since fire plays no crucial role in dst her perks are also really useless. So for Klei to make her a "good character" they'd have to either completely change her as a character (which is not hapenning) or think really hard of a way to make her fire-related perks actually usefull and also not destructive

Inventory burning lol

It's not rocket science to implement and it'd make her 10X more useful in DST.

It's destructive abilities are also its downsides, you have to be careful and actually think when doing it, otherwise risk consequences.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:13 AM, minespatch said:

I just want more character lore. Since I'm a Wilson and Wilba main, rebalancing doesn't matter to me. Maybe to others but not to me.

I mean I would love it if Warly didn't suck a big plate of meatballs. but thats just me. all alone..by myself..in the dark

4 hours ago, Tapirus said:

Well, sometimes I play Wilson in some public server when I want a "more relaxed" gameplay, spending time in helping others and answer some questions to new players (also making some meat effigies, becuase some ones don´t have amulets and dies while learn). By some reason, new players are more open to ask you for some help when you´re Wilson. 

I guess because your Wilson you don't look so intimidating.like some other players character choices might be. or wlson could just have the medic effect. because all they know is you can revive them with the glorious power of YOUR BEARD THE PIECES THE HEAVENS. so they want to be around you in case they die.

59 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I guess because your Wilson you don't look so intimidating.like some other players character choices might be. or wlson could just have the medic effect. because all they know is you can revive them with the glorious power of YOUR BEARD THE PIECES THE HEAVENS. so they want to be around you in case they die.

It's very possible, but I always try to show them that there are other ways to resurrect the characters when the group has enough resources. Also, I give them a helmet and thermal stone before leave the base.

Archived