Quality of Life Upgrade Mk 1 Available Now! - 299745

hpongledd    38
36 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Copy Settings for doors with access control settings will no longer crash
  • Duplicants in rockets will still be selectable on door access controls

Nice! Thanks :)

SakuraKoi    198
4 minutes ago, Serpher said:

Nice but still we can't make tall/wide canvases, large sculpting block as well as the canvas requires metal???

For the love of our dear goddess, please finally find the Fine Art research

34 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

New Artifact Objects: Bring them back from outer space for decorative display in your colony

Now i must call this out because I do not want to test yet again if and actually how one gets them :wilson_cry:

on a side note, for anyone who played the preview: One has to deselect qol_1_testing which is still there.

• Like 1

Caochu    6

No short movie to announce the update ? :frown-new: At least I suppose the nice GIF is potential meme material :eagerness:

Thanks for the update as always ! I wasn't there in unstable branche, but I saw some new flower pots and plants, and I have to admit that I just love them already. Glad to play with them tonight. Keep up the good work Klei !

Craigjw    137

The Wall Pot has no option to change it's orientation, although it can be placed anywhere, visually, it should have a left and a right wall mount orientation, it should be flip able horizontally.

It looks like it can be placed on the right hand side of a wall.  Placing it on the left hand side of a wall just looks weird.

• Like 1

Mazz312    2

I’m not sure I agree with canvas requiring raw metal, especially 400 of it. The reed fiber was a good additional input but the metal just makes statues seem way more likely to be spammed now. Decor stuff should really come down to preference, not material availability outside of pure upgrades like mineral > metal statue upgrades. While raw metal isn’t rare, it sure feels more precious and hard to spend on purely decor vs granite (or refined metal from a volcano).

Also it gave us a very good use for granite besides piping; the different raw minerals really need more varied uses going forward, not less IMO.

And not to sound ungrateful, this was a very good update.

Edited by Mazz312

rafker    23

Too bad, still crashes( wanted to start a new game anyway, so okay I guess.
P.S. never noticed it, but ONI takes 2.5 GB of RAM on Cycle 1. Hot damn. Is that intentional?

krop    27
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Many strings typo fixes and link hookups

@Ipsquiggle A new typo appeared with the fixes :)

STRINGS.BUILDINGS.PREFABS.PRESSURESWITCHGAS.EFFECT

Gas Pressure</link> .\n

(extra space before the dot)

and for an unknown reason, in STRINGS.BUILDING.STATUSITEMS.NOAPPLICABLERESEARCHSELECTED.NOTIFICATION_NAME, "Super Computer" is called "Research Center" and the link still points to ADVANCEDRESEARCHCENTER

alloeble    12

Waiting for deepper development of relationship system, behavior, personality of every Dupe. All the systems in the game are super tremendous, but without life it's all nonsense.

Thank you for the game!

Best gameplay

Best style

Best Dupes! Love them!

Edited by alloeble
  • Like 1

hpongledd    38
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Duplicants won't leave the rocket unless there is a Gantry in place

as i already mentioned yesterday. I understand they need a gantry if entering with a atmo suit but why cant they leave without a gantry if they have a jet suit? Makes no sense imo.

habuky    21
8 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

@Ipsquiggle @Cheerio - You've broken airlock permissions - dupes don't seem to pay any attention to individual settings.

Any ideas ?

This is true for all kind of doors.

Additionally dupes are not able to climb over closed doors anymore.

Edited by habuky

aymanoracle    10

Doors restricted access not working properly

I have to open it to all duplicates

If i selected specific duplicates they cannot get in or out

Edited by aymanoracle
spelling mistakes

Elendiar    36

Optimizations are good, but, frankly, I thought that before the final bugfixes and optimization there would be more hardcore in gameplay, becouse now impossible lose dupes, no events-cataclysmes (like interactive mod on twitch when viewers donate streamer for some spawns of volcano or another units/geysers), that can make gameplay more interesting and harder. Meds are useless, becouse if u arent noob in game u never have situation when meds will be needed.

• Like 2

Sinesters    0

Love you guys, keep up the good work!, its good to see a team that focus on new content, while always fixing whats wrong, not easy to code and code everyday =D

MR.DIUS    0

Доброго времени суток, почему дубликанты стоят в режиме ожидания, кода есть дела, как уборка территории, раньше такого не было, они всегда чем то занимались.

Google translate:  Good day, why duplicates are in standby mode, the code is there things like cleaning the territory, before this was not, they are always doing something.

Oxigen.jpg

Edited by MR.DIUS

chemie    312

The "!" for new researched items does not clear when you open that selection up.  You have to manually each and every sub item to remove the darn "!".

Is it just me or is the cancel in a non-intuitive place now?

I am sure I am not the only annoyed end user out here in end user land, I think it is disgusting words almost escape me in describing just how cheated I feel, this is a most heinous breach of loyalty to your customer base....

"In addition, the team will be taking a two week break over the holidays and getting back to it in the New Year. The next update will be on schedule in 8 weeks, coming out February 7th."

How dare you, I think you should be working at least 12 hours per day over the holidays, 15 hours on the 25th, and 24 hours back to back on the 31st/1st..

In all seriousness though, have some RR with your nearest and dearest over the season, look forward to seeing the extra polish when you all come back hopefully rested, possibly a few pounds heavier and almost definitely a few £'s lighter...

Thank you so much for making such excellent games.

Edited by Sc00bTheN00b