Quality of Life Upgrade Mk 1 Available Now! - 299745

Gained about 8 FPS in the exact same area i was using as a baseline for testing different optimizations from last night. Zoom seems to be wider but still the results were better. Seems snappier now. Thank you Klei! Correction: It's muuuch better than i initially thought. Base at cycle 1714 - feels like a base started at cycle 100. THANK YOU KLEI!!!

Edited by nets

There sure is a lot more regolith falling from the skies since the update. My robo-miners can’t keep up with all of it and are overheating and breaking, even if they’re made of steel. Guess I’m going to need to install mech airlocks and crush it all instead, right?

11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Building

• Metal Refineries will stop working if output pipe is blocked

Oops on my loops of oil through the metal refinery until well heated, then on to the petroleum refinery. Now the oil stops when it gets back to the input pipe, will now have to be made without continuous loop.

34 minutes ago, hacksaw12 said:

Oops on my loops of oil through the metal refinery until well heated, then on to the petroleum refinery. Now the oil stops when it gets back to the input pipe, will now have to be made without continuous loop.

I use a sensor with shut off valve,  so if its blocked you can redirect the flow.

1 minute ago, Acru said:

I still want to see some sort of material checkpoint, for a quality of life enhancement~

See this (now archived apparently) thread;

definitely!  I have suggested this before.  

especially for controlling  ICE/SNOW so they don't carry it from a cold biome to another cold biome where it melts during transport.

very useful to have separate storage within a zone.  a door that blocks carrying items through will help a lot!

56 minutes ago, hacksaw12 said:

You can still do it, you just need to add a liquid reservoir between the output and input.

21 minutes ago, Acru said:

I still want to see some sort of material checkpoint, for a quality of life enhancement~

This is amazing.  If they added only this for QoL mk2, I think I'd be satisfied. :D

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Acru said:

They should add this feature on the Duplicant Checkpoint on the automation building. Right now the dupe checkpoint has too few uses that it is better to use doors to automate dupe traffic.

• Like 1

Last night I've tried to make petroleum the old fashioned way, with the refinery building that needs a dupe to run it. I built it behind an Exosuit checkpoint.

Now the dupes keep running to the refinery, use it for a split second and run back to get out of their Exosuit. There are no other more important jobs they are running to. Mostly they just idle right after they dropped their Exosuit.

The refinery keeps two or three dupes busy running back and forth and produces very little petroleum.

5 hours ago, TygerHawke said:

I love the new wall pots...except for the fact that the only seem to work on the left side of rooms.  Rotate got missed I take it?

it's just the placement ghost, if you place them on the right they automatically rotate to connect to the wall, it was raised... more than once.... in preview :)

33 minutes ago, Loraty said:

Last night I've tried to make petroleum the old fashioned way, with the refinery building that needs a dupe to run it. I built it behind an Exosuit checkpoint.

Now the dupes keep running to the refinery, use it for a split second and run back to get out of their Exosuit. There are no other more important jobs they are running to. Mostly they just idle right after they dropped their Exosuit.

The refinery keeps two or three dupes busy running back and forth and produces very little petroleum.

is there too much air pressure to vent the natural gas? pipes are clear to flow? (just ticking off the "usual" suspects)

13 hours ago, Sc00bTheN00b said:

I am sure I am not the only annoyed end user out here in end user land, I think it is disgusting words almost escape me in describing just how cheated I feel, this is a most heinous breach of loyalty to your customer base....

"In addition, the team will be taking a two week break over the holidays and getting back to it in the New Year. The next update will be on schedule in 8 weeks, coming out February 7th."

How dare you, I think you should be working at least 12 hours per day over the holidays, 15 hours on the 25th, and 24 hours back to back on the 31st/1st..

In all seriousness though, have some RR with your nearest and dearest over the season, look forward to seeing the extra polish when you all come back hopefully rested, possibly a few pounds heavier and almost definitely a few £'s lighter...

Thank you so much for making such excellent games.

I like "End userland" - This could be a cave world on the Frozen Strawberry Ice Planet, where its too cold and not too hot. Hidden in end userland is the holy beer keg, which is a valuable trophy to have in any dupe bedroom.

image.png.3304db3b9a820e5140c454f1190a7015.png

The Frozen Strawberry Planet is an allotment of various stranded Strawberry meteors. A dupe which has never had the Strawberry Experience is considered a virgin.

Edited by babba
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, babba said:

image.png.3304db3b9a820e5140c454f1190a7015.png The Frozen Strawberry Planet is an allotment of various stranded Strawberry meteors  

Yes, would make sense!
Frozen Nose Planet, not implemented now. (PPL want this since decades of festivus celebrated!(Players most wanted))
nose.jpg.ae31a67d3b734bad179371e96e139b6e.jpg

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, babba said:

I like "End userland" - This could be a cave world on the Frozen Strawberry Ice Planet, where its too cold and not too hot. Hidden in end userland is the holy beer keg, which is a valuable trophy to have in any dupe bedroom.

The Frozen Strawberry Planet is an allotment of various stranded Strawberry meteors. A dupe which has never had the Strawberry Experience is considered a virgin.

Oh that inspired me about a chocolate rock planet idea XD

Chocolate rocks that are really edible?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, babba said:

You like enough to make a follow up comment, but do not post a heart on my original response, well just for that I am going to copyright and trademark it :p

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, babba said:

image.png.d952672d83b137ba0471caf53584bdf9.pngimage.png.8fe374023680bb1ba08036b6cf400903.pngimage.png.45bc0ccc38a2c3b55a1c5beb48506173.pngimage.png.5e2f79c31f240ab7340611fb9e6ebd85.pngimage.png.f94d5a1e4508c8d3948287f2bbf02444.png

image.png.0696bf3f10eabf80da97d58287d30848.pngimage.png.61a1d404acaeb6ce7db7e3a63971d753.pngimage.png.b9f78f3f32b5d3107bfdb0a911711dae.png

So much Love!

Sry for me, now a bit offtopic, but @Ipsquiggle"Lazy Critter Bug - LCB" still active (Expelling waste"-save reload does not fix that).
For shovis it's not the worst thing (exploit!!!), because easy to wrangle, but hatch farm and aquarium only dead meat left.
Smart move to force player, to get new critters through rocketsz!
image.thumb.png.df53e9fd03405973d24d59ff73b9b85e.png

Edited by Oozinator