Quality of Life Upgrade Mk 1 Available Now! - 299745

10 hours ago, Wednesday13 said:

Hi, I just made a new account because I'm not completely happy with this patch and I hope this issue will be fixed. While I like most of the stuff I've seen so far I dislike the fact, that I don't see if my Dublicants already wear an outfit if I decide to give them a suit (while scrolling through the feedback here I see, that it's the same issue with beds. Maybe even with everything where you can assign a Dublicant). "That's it?" - yes, that's it. I haven't found anything else that's somehow a downgrade in my opinion and I haven't had the time to play for a longer period of time.

Thank you very much for your hard work

Wow such game breaking issues. Totally worth making a new account and whining.

58 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

Wow such game breaking issues. Totally worth making a new account and whining.

That wasn't whining, it was legitimate constructive feedback. No need to attack people that are trying to contribute to the game in a positive way.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I haven't had the chance to play the game the last few weeks and now I'm trying to gather info on the full update:

-Are there still any relevant bugs around?
-Are there new plants? I can't find anything on that in update notes, but I did see new ones in the data mining topic.
-Anything else I'd need to know?

2 hours ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

There may be some bugs with fabricators but they seem to iron them out. The rocket bugs seem to be fixed. I don`t think anything gamebreaking is happening commonly.

-Are there new plants? I can't find anything on that in update notes, but I did see new ones in the data mining topic.

3 new decorative plants were added. They work like briar bluff but you can find them in different biomes, one grows in the oil one. Spawn on new maps only.

You will need to reassign all continous recipies for older games as the UI changed. There`s a new tier of artists and the art value is now based on the tier rather than the stats (stats only increase painting/sculpting speed). Apprentice now makes crude artwork. Paintings now require reed fiber and unrefined metal.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:03 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Major revision to the recipe screen for fabrication buildings like the Cook Station and Refinery. Currently they all use the same UI. Now, the UI allows setting a number or infinite amount of any recipe, and recipes without ingredients will be skipped automatically. This UI will be further developed during the testing period

This is the biggest change I have been looking for since I first started playing this game.  Allows you to prioritize cooking with the best stuff at the top and the worst stuff last as backups.  Complete game changer for me, and very welcome.

10 hours ago, ekreilly91 said:

Is anybody else having the issue of all the bristle berry food options being gone from their microbe just and electric grill? I don't have them as an option anymore, but didn't see anything in the patch notes about it being taken out? 

You need to have all the ingredients available for recipes to show up now! Make sure you have bristle berries available, and anything else they might need.

Might not be ideal for new players, would probably work better if recipes showed up, disabled, with missing ingredients marked as "???"... that way they at least know the recipe exists. Right now the microbe musher can look useless when you first build it if you don't know what you're doing.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 8:28 AM, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

I haven't had the chance to play the game the last few weeks and now I'm trying to gather info on the full update:

In addition to what's been mentioned, they also moved some research stuff around and added some as well.  Lots of changes to decor items and lots of new variations of decor building types as well as new artwork.  Also the ability to copy settings from just about any type of building now and a new copy feature that lets you copy what you have currently selected.  I'm absolutely loving both of these features and they are probably my favorite part of the update (in addition to the queuing changes).  It makes it so much easier when you're building something because you can switch to cancel/destroy then click on the tile or whatever you were building and hit the copy button to continue.

9 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

In addition to what's been mentioned, they also moved some research stuff around and added some as well.  Lots of changes to decor items and lots of new variations of decor building types as well as new artwork.  Also the ability to copy settings from just about any type of building now and a new copy feature that lets you copy what you have currently selected.  I'm absolutely loving both of these features and they are probably my favorite part of the update (in addition to the queuing changes).  It makes it so much easier when you're building something because you can switch to cancel/destroy then click on the tile or whatever you were building and hit the copy button to continue.

Nice! Yes I have started a new a game and I am loving the changes.

Hey there,

just made a forum account. I've sunk a lot of hours into both this and Don't Starve, and I really appreciate the work and attention to detail that you guys put into your games. 

• (Update: the various ideas/comments have been put in the proper forums)

I hope you guys enjoy your vacation, and some well-deserved downtime!

Edited by Donteatthat

On 12/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, Beowulfe said:

You need to have all the ingredients available for recipes to show up now! Make sure you have bristle berries available, and anything else they might need.

Might not be ideal for new players, would probably work better if recipes showed up, disabled, with missing ingredients marked as "???"... that way they at least know the recipe exists. Right now the microbe musher can look useless when you first build it if you don't know what you're doing.

I agree on that. Or there should be a popup about new discovered recipe for a certain station when you find a new resource. I also would prefer if "discovering a resource" didn't require digging it up. For critters, both eggs and cubs should be discovered the moment you find one of grown ups.

Thanks for the great performance increase. Lategame on the fastest game speed is now playable (50+ FPS now, before 15-20FPS on the second speed).

Sometimes the selection is a little bit buggy, but a restart of the game solve the problem. Many cool things was added to the game.

2 hours ago, DustFireSky said:

Thanks for the great performance increase. Lategame on the fastest game speed is now playable (50+ FPS now, before 15-20FPS on the second speed).

Sometimes the selection is a little bit buggy, but a restart of the game solve the problem. Many cool things was added to the game.

reallynow.png.a01306dd62c950d006e86efa2986610d.png

What's this I hear? 50+ FPS in ONI?! BLASPHEMER!!

Spoiler

Seriously though...on a good day I get maybe 15 FPS

crysipp.png.949d55e2e3b9a8eff217aee0af71772c.png

Spoiler

Maybe I just need a better computer.

507297736635449344.png?v=1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Probably not, but eh, why not?

idk.png.ad4fa951a08564ab864964c11eb0395c.png

Hide contents

5c267c297d754_NewCanvas.png.1514b9f0bb42f4f2e97767c5578abfd1.png

Oh is that a laptop? Yeah... if you had a desktop, we could fiddle with clock setting of your cpu, fiddle with your clock setting of your cpu in combination with a cheap but better cooler, or we could put in a better cpu altogether in combination with overclocking. Since it's a laptop, none of that is going to be possible unfortunaly. Perhaps if you have a desktop around, maybe we can look into that.

1 minute ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Oh is that a laptop? Yeah... if you had a desktop, we could fiddle with clock setting of your cpu, fiddle with your clock setting of your cpu in combination with a cheap but better cooler, or we could put in a better cpu altogether in combination with overclocking. Since it's a laptop, none of that is going to be possible unfortunaly. Perhaps if you have a desktop around, maybe we can look into that.

Nope, all I have is a laptop and sadness.

crysipp.png.e699bda7c4577429d07e96df3cbac97e.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

You forgot the 95kg of non renewable tungsten needed to make thermium.

I didn't forget it, I just didn't find it important.

Needing 5 kg of Nob to create 500 kg of Nob seems an insane conversion rate.

5 hours ago, Miravlix said:

I didn't forget it, I just didn't find it important.

Needing 5 kg of Nob to create 500 kg of Nob seems an insane conversion rate.

Ah yes. Ignore the element that's being turned into niobium. Gotcha