[Game Update] - 272945

• Developer
  • Increase starting fertility values for wild creatures.
  • Fixed flickering tooltip text when clicking on a Dupe and hovering over different errands.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading fairly old save files with old hatches.
  • Increase fertilizer maker storages sizes, for less frequent deliveries.
  • Base egg incubation time is now proportional to the lifespan of the parent creature.
  • Pacu fry are smaller than adults.
  • Egg cracker displays egg currently being cracked.
  • Pyrite will now turn into molten iron instead of molten copper.
  • "Transparent" string is no longer missing.
  • Meteor season begins when you discover the surface.
  • Conduit networks should no longer wrap-around connect through the edges of the map.
  • Added a 2 cell border to the top of the map where you are unable to build but the simulation still runs.
  • Increased methane geyser output.
  • You can no longer debug spawn/teleport things outside the simulation grid.
  • Fix some more cases where hatches are able to jump through closed doors.

View full update

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Meteor season begins when you discover the surface.

This is nice, but it means until now there is meteor without we go to surface. I check my base using sandbox to peek at surface area, and yes it is pretty mess (cycle 250+), I guess need to start new map if I want whole surface intact

41 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Pacu fry are smaller than adults

Very cute, And helpful to check which gulpfish not cleaning because still baby.

good value range on the ones I've scoped for running small power unit,  could support 1 full time or near enough on all the geysers i've found, and even found one with a half kilo output :p Now they provide more power than they consume to set up a power plant off a NG geyser.  I'm factoring 1 gas pump, 1 gas filter, 1 water pump as base power requirements for any NG station hence the need to fuel at least 1 gene full time just to handle the infrastructure associated. 

Spoiler

image.png.7fd66c983d715956f907d68f072406bb.png

Edited by Kabrute
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

I'm factoring 1 gas pump, 1 gas filter, 1 water pump as base power requirements for any NG station hence the need to fuel at least 1 gene full time just to handle the infrastructure associated. 

Assuming they are running at full capacity 24/7, which they are not. The liquid pump will be idle for most of the time and the gas pump will process around 60g/s of it's 500g/s capacity. Same goes for the gas filter, i suppose.

So yeah, if you are running ten-ish NG-plants, you will have to reserve one of them for the infrastructure. But in all other cases, it is just 10%.

• Like 3

60/gene = 9/pump counting the infrastructural gene, geysers average 85g/s (roughly) means that we could fuel just over 1 gene on a geyser which would then power full infrastructure with some left over.  I am arguing that since we know it can support that minimum it is now worthwhile to invest in the space/time/materials to set up ng stations because they can now sustain themselves.... Thats all I was saying.

4 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

60/gene = 9/pump counting the infrastructural gene, geysers average 85g/s (roughly) means that we could fuel just over 1 gene on a geyser which would then power full infrastructure with some left over.  I am arguing that since we know it can support that minimum it is now worthwhile to invest in the space/time/materials to set up ng stations because they can now sustain themselves.... Thats all I was saying.

Your definition of full infrastructure was off by a factor of 10, which you then used to claim that some geysers couldn't be used to set up a worthwhile plant before, which was wrong as well.  Now you're attempting to pretend you didn't say all that, or deflect the conversation away from that fact, not sure which, but you did, so just man up and admit you were wrong.

Edited by trukogre

8 minutes ago, MorsDux said:

cant you hook atmo sensor for the gas pump to avoid wasteful operation?

Don't need it.  The pump will simply keep the line pressurized to 1kg.  It'll only actually pump when it needs to move 2 500g chunks back into the pipe.

The only reason you'd need the atmo sensor is if you're not keeping enough pressure in the geyser.

Done.  The earliest one I'm not 100% certain is from before the update, but I'm including it because the .exe version I extracted (via Visual Studio) is the same.

SimDLL_CRASH_preview_272945_20180612-16.34.25.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_preview_272945_20180612-17.06.54.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_preview_272945_20180612-17.57.07.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_preview_272643_20180612-16.26.34.dmp