[Game Update] - 296878

• Developer
  • Significant rework of the internals of production buildings with the new recipe screen.
    • No more notification spam
    • Duplicants should once again start fabricating once resources become available
    • Please let us know if anything else broke!
  • Tall Canvas now has correct dimensions
  • Fix several crashes on load when Duplicants became disconnected from their command capsules
  • Any Duplicant who was "lost in space" (due to the dissociation bug, or the rocket destruction bug) should now magically appear next to the Printer Pod next time you load the game.
  • Fix a crash when a rocket with a dissociated duplicant tried to land
  • Fix a crash when reassigning a rocket
  • Duplicants won't get out of a rocket until there is a gantry in place
  • Astronaut Duplicants will really have to pee when they land after a mission
  • Updated temperatures of new decor plants to match their biomes
  • Duplicants in suits will no longer wash their hands forever
  • Further updates to Build Menu icon line weight

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 3

@Ipsquiggle was the issue with duplicant entering the rocket in jet suit and then unable to exit the rocket fixed? i can't get my duplicant out of the rocket for ages already. rocket flies normally but i need to reconfigure it and i cant - deconstruct of the command module or duplicant unassignment = crash

Edited by Khullag

2 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

View full update

I mean I know that feeling after a really long trip and you decide to not use the bathroom at the gas station because you were good but 5 minutes later your body is like "ha, gottem" , but isn't the Atmo suit inside the rocket suppose to take care of the pee problem?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Significant rework of the internals of production buildings with the new recipe screen.
    • Duplicants should once again start fabricating once resources become available
    • Please let us know if anything else broke!

View full update

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

You guys are awesome, TY.   That was really starting to grate on the nerves, haha.

19 minutes ago, Deustodo said:

I mean I know that feeling after a really long trip and you decide to not use the bathroom at the gas station because you were good but 5 minutes later your body is like "ha, gottem" , but isn't the Atmo suit inside the rocket suppose to take care of the pee problem?

Yeah, I would think that having a suit that's designed to handle those sorts of things, combined with the terror of reentry, that needing to pee would not be an issue by the time you touch down.  Even without such a suit, I think it'd be a non issue.  A bath yes.   Peeing not so much.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Astronaut Duplicants will really have to pee when they land after a mission

How about adding a ration box / fridge to the command module to keep your astronauts / passengers fed and happy ?

(Add some food requirement to rocket launch conditions)

• Like 2

• Developer
25 minutes ago, Khullag said:

@Ipsquiggle was the issue with duplicant entering the rocket in jet suit and then unable to exit the rocket fixed? i can't get my duplicant out of the rocket for ages already. rocket flies normally but i need to reconfigure it and i cant - deconstruct of the command module or duplicant unassignment = crash

It doesn't crash and they correctly leave. Hooray! However the suit seems to disappear. Booooo. Looking in to it. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

It doesn't crash and they correctly leave. Hooray! However the suit seems to disappear. Booooo. Looking in to it. :)

thanks a lot! just checked - no crash and Nisbet is back and finally can pee :) jetsuit is missign though.

24 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Without being a developer for games, sometimes i really have my doubts if you guys test your stuff before releasing it. Because testing is one of the favourite tasks of every developer right next to documentation. ;)

• Duplicants won't get out of a rocket until there is a gantry in place

I assume this is to have the intended effect of having dupes leave the rocket gracefully (without falling) but also giving them an urgent task so they don't just get right back in the rocket (which used to be the behavior of giving them an exit gantry).

It's actually pretty clever. I like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Any Duplicant who was "lost in space" (due to the dissociation bug, or the rocket destruction bug) should now magically appear next to the Printer Pod next time you load the game.

Welcome back, Harold, Bubbles and Camille! We never gave up hope!

• Haha 2

Just done some testing:

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Significant rework of the internals of production buildings with the new recipe screen.

Rescheduling seems to work fine for my microbe musher, eletric grill (different settings and recipe combination) ...

The only continous task which wasn´t added to the schedule was "produce steel" on the metal refinery.

(Like before it shows no workable order while all ingredients were in autosweeper range (autosweeper and duplicant inside the room))

PS: Is it a bug or a (hidden) feature that bristle blossom seem to stop withering on their own ?

5bfe8c1ab11de_harvestready.thumb.png.6c61f15b7038d984a0e8c385f8442730.png

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

PS: Is it a bug or a (hidden) feature that bristle blossom seem to stop withering on their own ?

side effect of the nature of save/load, based on my own experimentation/observation unless its something new your seeing.....

I forgot to ask about this till now, is there any plans to change how atmo suits work in that duplicants breath in the O2 from the suit but somehow exhale through the suit into the environment (and if they have flatulent, fart into the environment)? Can be annoying and feel like any gases created inside the suit should be released when they take off the suit.

22 minutes ago, Kabrute said:
1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

side effect of the nature of save/load, based on my own experimentation/observation unless its something new your seeing.....

After 20 cycles of runtime my plants should wither (My farm needed exactly 10 cycles for my bristle blossoms to grow), it´s not the old counter reset on save/load

=> All (sealed) duplicant-free farms stopped working  :(

@crbd115 I like the "new" challenge a mixed gas ouput for exosuit docks would provide

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deustodo said:

I am not sure if my decor value would be so great after a 12 day space trip in the suit... - roughly like in that classic german movie 

30 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I forgot to ask about this till now, is there any plans to change how atmo suits work in that duplicants breath in the O2 from the suit but somehow exhale through the suit into the environment (and if they have flatulent, fart into the environment)? Can be annoying and feel like any gases created inside the suit should be released when they take off the suit.

They do not breath out while wearing the suits. If you're finding random blobs of CO2 around, that's something other than the suits. Flatulence, however, is a different story and does (incorrectly) go through the suits. 

4 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

They do not breath out while wearing the suits. If you're finding random blobs of CO2 around, that's something other than the suits. Flatulence, however, is a different story and does (incorrectly) go through the suits. 

Well what would you expect would happen? Their suits would balloon out?

Spoiler

...I found a clip.

• Haha 1

Production issues:  the spamming of not enough resources seems well and truly gone(hurray!), but production sites still seem to occasionally 'forget' their tasks.   The task is still set via the controls and the building shows no sign that it has no orders(no icon), but dupes don't use it, and the "current order/next order" section reads "No workable orders".

• Like 1

More production issues: if you have 2 production sites that require the same material, they have some kind of collision and will often fail to recognize the existence of the material.  This means that large bases are pretty likely to result in mass starvation.

Spoiler

Here we see microbe mushers unable to recognize the availability of the nearby water.   It never occurs if there is only one microbe musher, but the moment you have 2, it is pretty much assured to be a constant issue. 

20181128212259_1.thumb.jpg.f9d08de02b3448a800010b067adecc9b.jpg

• Like 1