[Game Update] - 288566 & 288641

• Developer
  • Duplicants cheeks should now be the appropriate color.
  • Base tiles should render normally.
  • Gantry defaults to extended when no logic wire connected.
  • Fix Shove Voles stuck in place.
  • Fix crash when Duplicants have nothing to converse about.
  • Gantry can be manually controlled while not connected to an automation wire.
  • Gantry status item updated to indicate extended state and manual vs. automation control.
  • Thicker conductive wires so they are more visible behind automation wires.
  • Robo-Miner and auto-sweeper now function underwater.
  • Fixed logic gate layering to be back in front of the wires.
  • Shove Vole now produces 50% of their consumed mass instead of 500%.
  • Fixed eating and conversation mouth flap.
  • Abyssalite is categorized as other so it can still be stored in storage lockers.
  • Buildings should no longer look like they're running after a Duplicant walks away.

Emergency Hot Fix: 288641

• Shove Voles should no crash when failing to find a place to poop.

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

since shove voles produce 50% of consumed mass, and produce tiles that require digging, that deletes another 50% mass they should at least reproduce since they are deleting 75% of the mass of consumed material.......

otherwise they are just material deleters with no other benefit

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

The tiles they create is a benefit. It blocks meteor hits and makes the surface last infinitely (hopefully) and control the mass increase.

18 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

The tiles they create is a benefit. It blocks meteor hits and makes the surface last infinitely (hopefully) and control the mass increase.

And what happens when I build bunker doors in all my surface, there are no benefit there. I prefer a material converter not a deleter :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairath said:

Deleting regolith is a huge benefit by itself

I wonder if stopping the deluge of regolith would be even better than hoping the vole eats it.... hmm.....  

1 hour ago, Kabrute said:

Bingo.  

• Like 1

deleting Regolith is good news.   at least that can reduce the heat problem as well even if the poop doesn't come out less heat.  in theory you've chopped the heat in half by reducing the mass in half.

deleting Iron and Dirt.  not so much. since we' some what in short supply of dirt. and iron depending on map.

thanks for the robo-miner and auto sweeper working underwater!   that is great news!   helps clean out my gulp fish tank that I use to purify Polluted water.

I just hope the game doesn't lag as much with the critters  added.

Hopefully, they will consume it faster than hatch or in large amounts rather than small bites here and there.  because then if we had to breed more of them just to chomp on the regolith than it will end up being another lag fest like breeding morph.   I suppose not having the option to breed them is possible but what if they die from comets or some other reason why they die. 

but yea- overall reduction on the comets and regolith filling up would certainly help as well-   something to balance in a QA session.

2 minutes ago, ArunPrasath said:

Pity ... I thought it was a great way to produce more Iron and Dirt - would give 150% more dirt or iron than it consumes. Why nerf it?

Probably because so many people complained about it multiplying the regolith.  I think it'd be better if each product had different ratios (for example, regolith 100%, ore 300%, , dirt 500%, or something like that), or if it were used to convert regolith into these materials.  Would be an industry-free way to obtain more dirt.  Like how most critters serve as a way to generate resources without machinery.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, ArunPrasath said:

It can easily be made to consume only regolith and output dirt/iron (perhaps in 1:1 ratio so that it reduces to 50% after digging). Would be a great way to counter the regolith problem @Ipsquiggle

I like this idea.    total consumption of regolith and gain useful materials that we currently lack. now the tile that it poops though is a mixed tile?

26 minutes ago, Lali-Lop said:

Probably because so many people complained about it multiplying the regolith.  I think it'd be better if each product had different ratios (for example, regolith 100%, ore 300%, , dirt 500%, or something like that), or if it were used to convert regolith into these materials.  Would be an industry-free way to obtain more dirt.  Like how most critters serve as a way to generate resources without machinery.

I like this idea as well.  different ratio of poop depending on what it consumes.

Edited by RonEmpire
  • Like 1

Shove Vole now produces 50% of their consumed mass instead of 500%.

I though Shove Vole was there to protect our surface in early-mid game given the top biomes get totally drestroy by the meteor shower occur even you didn't discover the space. :(

Otherwise, it's a good patch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SamLogan said:

I though Shove Vole was there to protect our surface in early-mid game given the top biomes get totally drestroy by the meteor shower occur even you didn't discover the space. :(

Otherwise, it's a good patch.

I was assuming the same thing as you did.  But then I realized that  they're also vulnerable (possibly? not sure) to getting killed off by the comets so really it might not turn out to be much rebuilding after all if they all die.

• Like 1

Is Solid Fuel Thruster a rocket engine or a supplement module? It cannot be built as base module like other type of engine but can be installed on top of another module. When look at its description and appearance it is likely to be an engine though.  :confused:

11 hours ago, neoazureus said:

And what happens when I build bunker doors in all my surface, there are no benefit there. I prefer a material converter not a deleter :/

If you have bunker doors over the surface there`s no reason for the critters to be on the top. You`d rather ranch then by then. Who knows maybe they will have a useful morph in the future. What else would be the reason for them to eat iron ore?