[Game Update] - 288566 & 288641

23 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

I like this idea.    total consumption of regolith and gain useful materials that we currently lack. now the tile that it poops though is a mixed tile?

The critter can "hold in" the material until it reaches a critical mass, at which it poops out the goods. We can have like this:

Every 1kg of regolith gives 750g of dirt and 250g of iron. So 14kg/cycle of regolith consumption of the shole vole gives 10.5kg or iron and 3.5kg of iron. Critter can be made to poop out the goods when it reaches, say 250kg for iron and 300kg for dirt. So Tile formation will happen easily without overlap.

As usual, overall throughput will be halved since on digging we lose 50% of the mass.

Whats important now is that we are going to schedule rockets in an infinite cycle from now on. Solid boosters will go a long way in the takeoff. We do need a renewable source of solid fuel for this. Geysers doesn't count much since its output is sporadic and there's an off period for it. Shole vole brings in sustainability to this. It would be better to have the 500% output instead of the 100% output as described above.

Edited by ArunPrasath
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2018 at 5:53 AM, ArunPrasath said:

Pity ... I thought it was a great way to produce more Iron and Dirt - would give 150% more dirt or iron than it consumes. Why nerf it?

Probably because it was a typo in the first place.

On 10/5/2018 at 5:55 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Thicker conductive wires so they are more visible behind automation wires.

I'm cross posting this from the Suggestions & Feedback forums because I'm not sure which is the more appropriate place to leave it.

3 minutes ago, goboking said:

It's my understanding that the new, thicker conductive wires are so we can see them behind automation wires.  The problem is they're now the same width as liquid pipes, so we've gone from A blocking B to B blocking C.  If you really want the two wires to be more visible within a tile perhaps running them side-by-side parallel to one another or twisting them around each other would be a better solution.