Coming soon to Don't Starve Together!

JoeW

Hey Everybody. 

Things have been a bit quiet around here after The Gorge so that we can regroup, prioritize and start on upcoming content for Don't Starve Together. A big thanks to our community for your patience while we worked everything out. We saw posts for those wondering what we're up to next, suggestions and feedback as well as those of you who ensured others that we would update you all when we had more info. 

Some games are calling their yearly content schedule "Seasons" - if we were doing so, we're officially kicking off "Season 3". We haven't put a cool marketing name on events yet because we're still building upon what that even means.

Just like last year, this next year will build upon existing content even more than the year before.  

I have a lot of information for you today about a lot of different things -  so let's get to it. 

Klei Accounts: 

We have created a new page where players can view their Klei Account information. Right now the functionality is limited to a few things such as changing your email or server setup, but we'll be adding more functionality to allow you greater control over your Klei Account. This is available today, check it out. 

Twitch Drops:

TwitchDrops.png

Beginning today all players who have their Twitch Account linked to their Klei Account will be able to get drops when watching a DST stream on Twitch. These items are exclusive loyal items exclusive to Twitch.tv. These items will drop on any DST stream where the streamer has linked their Twitch account to their Klei Account. This is available today. Go check out more info here:

We wanted to get this going as soon as possible so we can make use of Twitch drops and Klei Accounts in future content plans. 

The Holiday Events Return

halloweenpromo_2018.png

Speaking of future content plans,With a few new Tricks and Treats, Hallowed nights returns in October. We'll post more info about the details and an exact date soon.  Hallowed Nights returns October 25th!

With that, we kick off the holiday season event schedule. Returning this year with all holiday events including Winter's Feast and Lunar New Year. 

The Return of The Forge

reforge_promo.png

Coming later this year, The Forge Returns bigger and better than ever with new items, creatures and community driven goals. You can look forward to more information about the return of The Forge as we get closer to release, but we wanted to let you know that it's coming.  

Today's update.  

PatchNotes.png

Today's update is entirely a Quality of Life update. We wanted to get in some changes and fixes for some issues we want corrected before we focus entirely on this coming round of event content. 

We're adding in some server filtering options to allow players to hide bad server names, we now have special flagging for servers that are official Klei Servers. We've also made a big change to the main menu that now includes important news and announcements about DST. 

We found that during recent events that not as many players were aware of announced content as we would to have liked. In an effort to make sure more people see this information we will be showing it in the main menu area. We'll make sure that all important news that players should be aware of is posted in there so you know what's coming up for the game. Check out the update notes here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/dst/

And Beyond:

I am sure many of you have question about what's really next for DST. We're not ready to announce that juuust yet. But suffice it to say - things are happening. 

upcoming_promo.png

Sounds neat. If I could chime in before this thread gets too buried in responses, though.

You guys have been pumping out crazy events with all this great content which could translate amazingly to the vanilla game. Gorge mechanics where you can build different cooking stations over a firepit and then actually burn the food if you aren't paying attention. And that farming where there is now a soil tile piece making a functional use for the hoe that you actually till and put seeds into were GREAT. Not even gonna mention the Forge and how awesome right click manual aim retooling of all the ranged weapons would be along with those particles.

And then after the event is over it gets shelved. A few new skins and memories are our takeaways.

22 minutes ago, Porofire said:

You have my heart always and careless I have an extra one to live!willow.thumb.jpg.4b50609bb197331a2c2035dc6389f32a.jpg

Out of curiousity, do you have a art thread?:wilson_smile:

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

I am sure many of you have question about what's really next for DST.

Winona and Chibi Maxwell debut trailer animations?:wilson_ecstatic:

Inn keeper lore?

Can't wait for the new events and to see what's been changed from last year! :D

5 hours ago, icewitch218 said:

Hopefully certain unique characters will be made fun again to play aka Woodie, Willow and Wendy. And Winona reworked.

I have never heard that Wendy would be boring to play before. Apart from some AI changes to Abigail maybe, she's fine just as she is.

I also think that Woodie and Winona are good as they are, but that's just my opinion.

Hi, after the new update I couldn't resume my previous game. It kept launching server. I have waited for 15min and nothing happened. I try to create a new world with cave, same problem appears(without cave is fine). Could you please help me to check if it is a new bug? thanks

I really do hope "Moon" will take a bit of front-stage in main-game branch (game-play: maybe a special moon-related biome or late-game event with specific mobs, boss, gear etc) and lore department as well (maybe advancing the story) with new/future update(s), not just a glorious gimmick regarding character change at spawn as it seems to be the case now - because that would be, at least for me, a disappointment akin to Winona's current character specifics.

1 hour ago, TheDude3257 said:

The last picture without the text is probavly a teser for the next update and if its gonna be a event than great but more permanent content for ruins meh im not waiting for that

boy , please : 1) use G-r-a-m-m-a-r because It took ME ( a fluent english speaker ) to read the mess in freaking 5 minutes ( like this  post type this short  takes me half a minute to read and extract all potential stuff )

2 ) stop being like MEH I am not waiting for that , You cannot know what exactly klei is planning , it could even be a dancing hot dog  and not ruins content

Now I will go of topic.

3) Don't trace art and say you did it , we here know our original art.

Spoiler

1 and 2 : Original Art from klei

3 : FuffledBeeQueen's art

4 : A f*****g character art from the game, and you are f*****g saying you made it.

On 26. 9. 2018 at 5:52 PM, TheDude3257 said:

HAHHAHAHAHAHH lol first of all im 17 second i  know how to draw if u did not see my 3 pics on other acc i forgot the password here u go

P.S : u dont know hot to draw darknes

39265789_1121473168006212_5043593719329062912_n.jpg

39389213_1495978897212715_8497136682494066688_n.jpg

41269155_1712721695505467_1415358179784523776_n.jpg

42574347_475050723015454_5437946230489481216_n.jpg

4) Don't expect we being like WOAH BOY HE IS SO GREAT when you literally broke the rules ( no advertisement ) , had unoriginal content ( a trade inn video ._. really ) , then said we are toxic , we demantled all your  ''Arguments'' ( arguments like you suck ) and then you got hurt and deleted the advertisement thread.

6 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

boy , please : 1) use G-r-a-m-m-a-r because It took ME ( a fluent english speaker ) to read the mess in freaking 5 minutes

2 ) stop being like MEH I am not waiting for that , You cannot know what exactly klei is planning , it could even be a dancing hot dog  and not ruins content

Now I will go of topic.

3) Don't trace art and say you did it , we here know our original art.

4) Don't expect we being like WOAH BOY HE IS SO GREAT when you literally broke the rules ( no advertisement ) , had unoriginal content ( a trade inn video ._. really ) , then said we are toxic , we demantled all your  ''Arguments'' ( arguments like you suck ) and then you got hurt and deleted the advertisement thread.

C'mon, if you have a problem, leave it for the pm's. These forums are for the HYPE. So, let's just use this discussion to talk about our speculation about all the awesome cool stuff Klei revealed, rather than complaining about others and pet peeves. 

Archived