Dab emote!?!?( for sure this time)

Just now, NoscopeFelix said:

Yes, probably as a timeless skin.its gonna be glorious!

It will be given to players who one the first day will log in to the event since you need to be fast

There is NEVER.  Going to be an actual dab emote.  It clashes violently with everything else about Don't Starve's style and is just dumb and not even an interesting "dance" move or meme even when it was NEW, let alone now. 

Just no.  No.  Sure, the Robot dance is anachronistic too but at least that's an actual DANCE!  The dab is just "sneeze while waving your other arm for no reason".  It'd be a meme only for meme's sake, and not even _look_ good.

...Notorious

Oh, there was that one time I got three people to all chicken-dance at more or less the same time in the Forge, too!  Lemme see if I can find it.

triplechickendance.png.ab47a6e0aa9d087931e1503f3e487c88.png

EEE THEY'RE ALL LINED UP AND EVERYTHING! I forgot that part.  XD  In this case, this was _before_ the battle--like, as soon as I got the Chicken Dance emote, I started always doing that during Pugna's speech, like a wrestler with their signature moves and theme song that they do while entering the ring.  This time two others decided to join me with the same dance (normally they'd join in with the regular dance emote or the Robot) and we got us a chicken chorus line!  Woodie dancing as a tree catcoon especially makes it.  : P  I also love how Willow is off to the side looking at us all like "Wut?"  (Mind you, this isn't as funny as the time I accidentally started a conga line IN REAL LIFE, but that's another story for another time.  ;))

ANYwhoo.  I have no special hate for the dab in real life...I don't GET it, as in, why the beep it's so popular, but then I'm like that with a lot of memes. That's nothing new.  I just violently don't want it IN DON'T STARVE.  It's just SO...well put it this way:  It would be like if there was a new trap down in the ruins that was blatantly A FIDGET SPINNER (with blades, obviously).  What's next, 360 no-scope 420 yoloswag?  UUUUGGGGHHHH (bashes head against desk)

Just...can we not?  In the cool atmospheric creepy game that more or less takes place in the 1920s?  Please?  Not that I think the Klei people actually WILL.  They appear to have a sense of what does and does not fit their own style, thank the gods.  A joke hack-the-code-apart-to-find-it file, sure, but not a canon thing everybody can access without cheating.

(Meanwhile I just found out that the original version of the robot dance actually goes back to the 1920's?!  DAMN!)

...Notorious

Archived