Screenshot showcase

On 7/30/2019 at 1:58 AM, Sunset Skye said:

Now draw those umbrellas on mini signs!

Not quite the same scenario as to the image you responded to. But here you go.
Umbrellas.png.c380a52c5e242733d41fae49ccf577fe.png
What else was I gonna do with all these umbrella skins? I added the default for good measure. >.<

2 hours ago, Russian Philin said:

Wagstaff's life... 

[Wagstaff pics lol]

Back on day 1 of Wagstaff being released, I took this screenshot because the quote itself completely changed how I see chester.

image.thumb.png.88d9c048ea917fbba52af730407e1aaf.png

On 7/29/2019 at 11:58 PM, Sunset Skye said:

Now draw those umbrellas on mini signs!

Funny thing is, that's kinda related to a "challenge" I was thinking of doing.  Only I don't have ALL the umbrella skins...just one actually I think.  Part of it was that if you have any skins for a thing, you have to make at least one of _every variant you have_, and then display them nicely.  Maybe I'll post it, I dunno, it's kinda dumb.  I'm not even sure if I myself am gonna play it yet or not.  : P

Anyway.  So I was opening my daily gift, and HOLEY SCHLAMOLEY, BATMAN!

ultimatewigfrid.png.3e5149902869ada3aadabb451932e866.png

!!!  DUDE!  Apparently Charlie knew I was feeling sick today and wanted to cheer me up.  That's not at all to say that she won't put my fire out and horribly murder me first chance she gets as well, naturally.  : P

(The caption I put for this on Steam was "WIGFRID IS THE ULTIMATE PERFORMER! LOAD THE SPACESHIP WITH THE ROCKET FUEL!" because of course it was.)

And then I had to try it out in-game.

angryultimatewigfrid.png.54ebf00f8c3ac8ac38b97ddce4c69896.png

CURSE YOU RABBITS, FOR THINKING YOU COULD OUTWIT THE ULTIMATE PERFORMER!!

EDIT:  That Warly quote...DAMN.  And I thought that one time I found a setpiece of skeletons surrounded by trick-or-treat bags and candy was dark!  (Well, it IS, but not heart-ripping.)

...Notorious

Just some modpack I threw together during a time where my mood was... not so great...
For anyone asking, I wouldn't consider this modpack balanced, now it's not OP Anime character mod imbalanced, but it's also definately not "vanilla purist" balanced, theres still a bit of struggle for survival here, but I threw this together in hopes of an easy time to calm down.
Anyways heres my first ingame year survived without my boat bursting into flames from summer, goodie.
20190802021805_1.thumb.jpg.4881167ae7b58679335872ef9aeb4ced.jpg

Yes I know, extra equip slots(or rather the Slots and UI tweak version where both body and backpack display at the same time, which I threw together a RoT hotfix for.) I clearly am scum for using such, I don't really need the backpack slot, I just wanted an excuse to use chest slot items that aren't just a log suit. Also Realistic placement cause boats are already stingy on room. :s

I just wanted to take a chill pill and play the game more casually, I was already stressed out when making this collection of mods, I didn't want to stress myself further with difficulty. I'm sure sometime in the future I'll do another vanilla playthrough, but I'm playing this one until then.

And now you control the world, of course.  Because you control the spice!

;)

14 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Just some modpack I threw together during a time where my mood was... not so great...
For anyone asking, I wouldn't consider this modpack balanced, now it's not OP Anime character mod imbalanced, but it's also definately not "vanilla purist" balanced, theres still a bit of struggle for survival here, but I threw this together in hopes of an easy time to calm down.

I'm curious--what all mods are in it?  I can't quite tell from the picture alone.  As a semi "chill" player myself (well, I dislike combat and constant mobs jumping me...but I like travelling like crazy to find stuff and randomising the seasons) I'm curious.  i would also NEVER call you "scum" for wanting to use two chest slots at once. (I already DETEST the term "savescumming", because to me it's like "Here, player who's already struggling with an insanely hard game.  Have an insult on top of your injuries!, for trying to _actually see_ all the further-on stuff in the game we good players are always going on about." but that's another matter.)

I don't call ANYbody a "filthy" anything, a "low-tier"* anything, or any kind of "scum" for being bad at a game, is my main point.  It's such a _douchey_ thing to do!  If you're mean to a new player, you might chase them off to where they never CAN "git gud", another phrase I'd like Willow to set on fire.  Now.

Anyway, screenshot, screenshot...

holybeepworldgen.png.48d33fc9d0ea4ebfbddd5387321dbf98.png

I call this: "When Worldgen REALLY Hates You."  (I didn't get hit by that clockwork after taking the picture, but only _barely_.)

stupidmosquito.png.6951561f8c00349b02cc2561ccbb7769.png

I wish I had turned up the gamma on this so you could see it better, but to the left you can faintly see a mosquito.  It kept trying to bite Abigail all night.  NOT me, the actual warm, blood-filled living creature. Abigail.  XD

mudspa1.png.4e6014cd1c97a88c0aeae66d6481cfce.png

Mud spa!  That sounds AMAZING!  I wonder how many oinks it costs and how much it heals you.  Ooh, are we talking like the hot spring soaking in Harvest Moon?

mudspa2.png.cba30e3e21a899705ff7b801b3c8fa01.png

HEEEY, there's no spa in here!  FALSE ADVERTISING!  I'm'a report you to the Constant's Better Business Bureau, pig lady.

...Notorious

*Tier Zoo is allowed to talk about tiers, but only because he's hilarious.  AND he occasionally references Don't Starve!

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I'm curious--what all mods are in it?  I can't quite tell from the picture alone.

Well to name a few off the top of my head.

The RoT beta version of Cherry Forest
Green and Green World
The Forge Battle Pack
Hamlet Fashion Hats(My rebalanced version)
Desert Coffee(My fork)
Additional Equipment Fixed(Great mod by Tosh, go check it out, fits really well with the vanilla style)
Moon Glass Shovel
Realistic Placement(How I managed to put so much stuff on the boat together)
Basements

Also I'm not using additional equip slots, I'm using Slots and UI tweak/optimizer which tries to actually display both body and backpack slots on the player. (Doesn't work too well with modded backpacks)
I did have to make my own hotfix for it though due to an issue involving repairing the celestial altar on the moon island.

Anyways heres a picture of bearger trashing my tallfort >.>
20190802041148_1.thumb.jpg.fcbd7db642de72815bba70a8cf5db9aa.jpg
I call the world "Messy Modded Mayhem", it's set to friends only and is passworded, but so far it's just been myself since nobodys asked for the password amongst my friends >.<

"Messy Modded Mayhem" is totally the name of my New Wave synth rock band.  But seriously, that's an awesome name for a server.  I tend to go with darkly sarcastic names like "(My User Name Here)'s Funtime Wilderness Adventure!"  or "Happy Nature Trail O' Death". Or at the appropriate time, seasonal things like "Starving in a Winter Wonderland".  (Or if I'm doing the Civilization Challenge, I name the server after _that_, with "Now with (whatever tech level we've gotten to)!" in the description.)

Anyway, not Don't Starve, but...

plaguedtrainwreck.png.0ab872ea3aa168d443f30979bd1c60d4.png

Awww, my first colony, the aptly-named Plagued Trainwreck.  Aren't the duplicants just _precious_?   They have no idea how few happy moments they have left before their horrible, disgusting deaths! (At least I assume that's what's going to happen, 'cos from what I've seen in other people's playthroughs and questions people ask on these forums, Oxygen Not Included seems so complicated it INTIMIDATES me!  I've actually had it for well over a year.) (puts hand over heart) Bless!

Also ALIEN LEAF KITTY!  Yeah it's actually called a "Pip", but I prefer "alien leaf kitty".  It's SO CUTE.  I seriously want one to frolic after my doomed dupes like a kittykit through the birch forest. Only, ya know, in a more...space-y kind of way.  XD  And this IS the "arboreal" asteroid type, so the birch forest comparison isn't completely off.

...Notorious

Sweet.  I've never HAD a 1K base (the furthest I got was to Day 613, and then stuff happened and I couldn't load that world anymore), let alone one that organised.  I'm kind of jealous of the people who can do that...but not enough so to stop being the "la la la, skip through the meadows!" hippie type I am who leaves plants where they are and goes to _them_ rather than worrying about fertilization, lightning and wildfires, and leaves bosses alone so they can kill hounds for me.  It's a mix of laziness/not having that good of a sense of planning and/or space mixed with "Wait, before we mess with nature, let's see how well it can help us ALREADY..."

Anyway screenshots don't have to be FUNNY; they can be anything as long as the person posting them thinks they're interesting in some way.  Funny, action-packed, pretty, representative of a character, here's a funny thing worldgen did by accident, here's a glitch, here's my gorgeous gigantic base...all good.  :)

So, since I've yammered on in this thread in text, I guess I now gotta pay the rent with pictures, right?  Right.

hellooldfriend.png.aa551e97a113e25e8e4f41ef563090d1.png

I call this series:  Me and My Friends.  First, my old friend Table...

(The Stagehand somehow ended up as a staple of my March of Civilization aka "Starvania" worlds; since it was a "loyal" part of the base for hundreds of days and started a lovely tradition of scaring newcomers to death the FIRST time*, I had to seek it out and lure it back to base _every_ time.  Its nickname is now "Table".)

willowandthepumpkin.png.a578f7ade0139559be947ae0f1498e50.png

My pumpkin friend...

beefalointhedark.png.f133e796650251e30a3b89366a42a888.png

My beefalo buddy...

kittyfriend.png.57f961276f9083bb7d831b0faf95be79.png

KITTY FRIEND!  Obviously the best one.  Aww, look how it's wubbing up against me like a real kitty... (by accident--it just really wanted to go that direction and I was in the way.  : P)

cherryfriend.png.89c20a3bb3c2f421e2e7525c0dc34b86.png

Cherry Friend and Bernie!  Everybody wince for the camera!

poorurbanplanning.png.5d75c77b8580eedbe283ff3d07c33600.png

And I call this last one:  "Poor Urban Planning".  The newer version of the Thirst mod sometimes puts its little streams in...hilarious places.  Poor rabbit.  XD  But, he WAS warned by the city.  I mean, we've gotta build bypasses!  It's not as if the plans weren't on display for months...in the basement...with broken stairs...and lights...in the bottom of a locked file cabinet...in a disused bathroom...with a sign outside the door saying "Beware of the Leopard".  The rabbit had PLENTY of time and notification to move its home somewhere else!

;)

EDIT:  Hey, why are some of my pictures broken now?!  I didn't delete them!  :(  If you're gonna start deleting stuff to free up memory space, at least let me pick.  There's stuff I'd never use again and accidental duplicates in my collection; I'd TOTALLY get rid of those in a heartbeat.   

EDIT EDIT:  Thank goodness I keep the (edited and cropped) originals in a screenshot folder!  I put the table, beefalo and river pictures back and they'd BETTER STAY HERE THIS TIME.

What other posts of mine are broken now...?

...Notorious

*I was using a singleplayer-version Don't Starve Willow mod at the time, and I'd go to greet new players at the portal in the dead of night sometimes...and after my infinite lighter, Table would skitter RIGHT across the entire map after me!  Meaning the new player would be like "AAA!  WHAT'S THAT?!" seeing the weird little legs out of the corner of their eye in the shadows...  Good times!

The Stagehand also legit helped me escape from a swamp in the dark once (by showing me which direction the edge of my camp was) so it's all good.

Archived